Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Micheal Bevan can still play for one of the teams.So can Moin.

Muscle flexing is not new for the BCCI.
Also,the tournament has a chance of being a success if they telecast it on their sister channel TEN Sports,seeing as ZEE Sports is not available in many places including TataSky.
Yes, it would probably even be desirable to give the rights to another channel.

The moves that the BCCI make do initially hurt ICL. The strategy is to make them an enemy and defeat them before they have power. However, if it fails to work, it could backfire in the most spectacular fashion. They force ICL to invest in their own cricket grounds, in their own players. They are forcing them to build their own infrastructure, rather than be dependent on the official structure headed by the BCCI, a relationship in which the BCCI would always come out on top. If ICL and its creditors have the mettle to play this game for years, the BCCI might have already lost the ownership of Indian cricket.

ICL do not have star power. They have discards and retired players. IPL has all the glitter and shine. Where would you wanna put your money?

I'd rather support this than the official competition. This system is much more based towards helping the development on young Indian talent and that's really what matters in the end. I can watch the World's best players all I want, but I'd much rather watch them playing each other for their countries.

Can't believe they had the cheek to offer KP a contract. This league is the most ridiculously overhyped thing ever considering it's only twenty20

Can't believe they had the cheek to offer KP a contract. This league is the most ridiculously overhyped thing ever considering it's only twenty20

...for now.

Hardly cheek to offer one of the biggest stars of the game a contract in private.

I'd rather support this than the official competition. This system is much more based towards helping the development on young Indian talent and that's really what matters in the end. I can watch the World's best players all I want, but I'd much rather watch them playing each other for their countries.

Developing Indian talent for what?

BCCI won't let them play for the National team, which is what it's all about. Idiots.

The rosters for the ICL have been fixed, I'm gonna support Chennai, I like Stuey Law the best out of all the captains and I think they have a good batting lineup and as well as an awesome coach (Michael Bevan).

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/icl/content/current/story/320289.html

Creepy. Following Chennai here as well.
:rolleyes:
Chris Read, the best wicketkeeper in England.
Russel Arnold - Sri Lankas handy allrounder who has saved them many a game
Stuart Law - Supposedly good in County cricket
Sriram - Was an exciting prospect for India. Sad that he was not selected more.
Badani - Same as above. Batted wonderfully against Australia in the TVS Cup.

Last edited:
I'll join in and support Delhi as they have Paul Nixon and he's Leicestershires captain. The king of the reverse sweep will destroy Chennai ;)

There are amny players in County cricket who can play good 20-20 at domestic level. They should consider joining as most of them will never be playing for England.

...for now.

Hardly cheek to offer one of the biggest stars of the game a contract in private.

As I said earlier it is poaching.
They know that individual boards will ban players for turning out for ICL.
Then why go to Peitersen ?

If people are genuinely interested they would themselves sign up with the ICL.

As I said earlier it is poaching.
They know that individual boards will ban players for turning out for ICL.
Then why go to Peitersen ?

If people are genuinely interested they would themselves sign up with the ICL.

Actually they had eye on Warne, McGrath, Shoiab Akhtar and Mohd. Asif. KP would only have been considered in last as he does not have fan following in India.

Users who are viewing this thread