Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i somehow prefer ICL over IPL !
the IPL is just flooding overseas players for the sake of it.....
why name it INDIAN premier league ?? instead...name it something
like OVERSEAS premier league......

plus, i heard IPL contracts were really unprofessional ?? some NZL board member
told this...

Man leave anything behind but i wanna get payed like they get payed in ICL or IPL.

told this...
Yeah, I read that too. International contracts are like 40 page documents, while the IPL contract was less than 10.

Maybe the I in IPL really means international.

I still think it will be a shame if ICL fails, or even if it just turns into IPL with too many international drawcards, because the potential really is there to create proper professional Indian players instead of semi-pros who have a 'real job'. If it is done right and done with 100% commitment, they can create a system that the BCCI will beg them for.

@angryangy IPL contract was more than 100 pages thats why New Zealanders were complaining about it.

I want to watch Zullu i mean Klusener.:p
And Hamish Marshall what is he doing in ICL?Michael Bevan is coaching the Chennai team.Wow.I think he should play for them.

Last edited:

told this...

Yes, the contracts are long but the IPL has not got that many overseas players when it starts. The limit is four per starting XI so there will be lots of budding Indian talent.

Who wants Indian talent. I want to watch best players in world in action. If I wanted to watch Indian talent I can watch Ranji match on NEO sports. And by the way how many of the members posting here actually watch these Indian talent on show in ranji matches........Answer none.

So if BCCI and ICL are spending crores of rupees then why would they have third or fourth grade players playing unattractive cricket.

What made 20-20 a success was the likes of Yuvraj and Misbah and they are not your young talent but one is 26 year old and other is 31 years old.

Last edited:
@angryangy IPL contract was more than 100 pages thats why New Zealanders were complaining about it.

I want to watch Zullu i mean Klusener.:p
And Hamish Marshall what is he doing in ICL?Michael Bevan is coaching the Chennai team.Wow.I think he should play for them.
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/315114.html
International contracts are 100 pages long. The IPL contract is 1 and a half pages.

Good contracts are long because that means they are watertight and every situation is accounted for. Short contracts mean there are less things for an employer to be held accountable to.

ICL is flop beacuse BCCI has flexed its muscle and does not allow any ground to be used and also luring every player out by banning them for life as if they had killed Sharad Pawar.

Micheal Bevan can still play for one of the teams.So can Moin.

ICL is flop beacuse BCCI has flexed its muscle and does not allow any ground to be used and also luring every player out by banning them for life as if they had killed Sharad Pawar.

Muscle flexing is not new for the BCCI.
Also,the tournament has a chance of being a success if they telecast it on their sister channel TEN Sports,seeing as ZEE Sports is not available in many places including TataSky.

Well i will watch matches live in Panchkula.........:)

Users who are viewing this thread