Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fully backing the Mumbai champs to win this competition.

He was never going to accept it and they knew it!

Yeah and he also rejected official IPL contract.I think he did the right thing.

Actually they had eye on Warne, McGrath, Shoiab Akhtar and Mohd. Asif. KP would only have been considered in last as he does not have fan following in India.

Who told you that?:eek:

Last edited:
Stuart Law - Supposedly good in County cricket
Stuart Law captained Queensland to their historic first ever Sheffield Shield in the 1994/95 season, after 68 years in the competition. He then led the Bulls again in 1996/97, followed by consecutive wins in the rebranded Pura Cup in 1999/00, 2000/01 and 2001/02. He finished his career with Queensland at the end of 2003/04 as their highest runs scorer with almost 10000 first class runs at an average in the mid 40s. He also led them to one-day success in 95/96 and 97/98, finishing with 2783 List A runs.

In the midst of this, he played his only Test innings of 54 not out, standing in for an injured Steve Waugh against Sri Lanka in December 1995. His ODI career was somewhat more substantial, playing virtually every game between 95/96 and 96/97 and averaging around 30. Alas, in a period where many good batsmen were fighting for a place he fell out of favour and played his last 10 ODIs over the course of two years. He was among many international quality players unable to take advantage of limited ODI appearances, such as Slater, Langer, Blewett, Elliott, DiVenuto and Maher, while the team eventually emerged from this period under the captaincy of Steve Waugh with rising stars such as Ricky Ponting, Adam Gilchrist and Damien Martyn.

At the same time however, all was not lost for Law, as he had commenced his tenure with Essex in 1996, an instant love affair with county cricket in which he scored 1500 runs at an average over 60. He amassed 8500 runs for Essex at an average of nearly 60, before a falling out in 2001, where he moved from Chelmsford to Old Trafford. Following his retirement from Australian cricket, he moved to England permanently, allowing Lancashire to retain him as an English citizen. To date he has passed 7000 runs, still averaging in the upper 50s with Lancashire and although admitting to being in his twilight years, was last week named captain for Lancashire's 2008 season.

I have to say I was not that excited about ICL but I watched a couple of advertisements on Zee TV US during the India-Pak game and I am now looking forward to it.

To be honest, I think every team is good except Delhi. They certainly don't have a bad team, but not up to the level of the others.

Is this getting televised?

The Lions has 3 Kiwis including Cairns, so might be my favorite. The Champs have a strong team with Lara, Astle and Van Der Wath all who recently retired and will still have the goods.

I feel that they have purposely selected a strong Mumbai team.[atleast on paper it looks that way]

Squads and schedule in the first post. The festivities begin in just six days.

So it should be on ZEE TV in the UK? The one you get with the SET ASIA subscription?

Is this getting televised?

The Lions has 3 Kiwis including Cairns, so might be my favorite. The Champs have a strong team with Lara, Astle and Van Der Wath all who recently retired and will still have the goods.
Zee sports will show it.

Users who are viewing this thread