Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would have really made the ICC take stance. I want controversy - someone big sign!

Martyn :"It's a chance also to play in a team captained by Warnie."
Signs that Warne is due to sign up in the near future.

Shoaib Akhtar has been bartering with the PCB by threatening to join the ICL and the PCB caved in. I think this is disgraceful that he is doing this but it just about sums up the position of weakness that the national boards are in,
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Further international roster named.

On the one hand BCCI is saying that ICL just wants to make money they dont care about cricket.What about BCCI now they are planning to launch their own cr@p 20-20 PCL.Anyone remember they were opposing 20-20 format initially?I dont how BCCI see this will improve the standard of cricket in India.By 20-20 they are also making money.They should improve the domestic structure.BCCI is a bunch of loosers.

On the one hand BCCI is saying that ICL just wants to make money they dont care about cricket.What about BCCI now they are planning to launch their own cr@p 20-20 PCL.Anyone remember they were opposing 20-20 format initially?I dont how BCCI see this will improve the standard of cricket in India.By 20-20 they are also making money.They should improve the domestic structure.BCCI is a bunch of loosers.

Although you expressed it interestingly, I have to agree. Instead of doing this twenty20 rubbish, the BCCI should be adding money to the domestic teams and taking the effort to streamline the domestic system by decreasing the number of teams and in the process, increasing the standard. They should also build more national academies around the country for the youth of the country. First they criticise Zee for starting the ICL and not building academies and then the BCCI do the same.

Secondly, do not try and avoid the swear filter with the @ sign and secondly, crap is not a swear word and so not blocked by the filter.

The BCCI did end up putting more money back into the domestic game in the form of higher match fees and prizes for going deeper into a tournament.

That it took a competitor like ICL to make the BCCI sit up and look at the state of domestic cricket in India is itself a good thing and an achievement for the ICL even before a ball has been bowled.

Once again, the ICC can rubbish the ICL all they want, but the fact is, if this league promotes local talent and brings in the crowds to domestic cricket with popular stars participating in such tournaments, it will benefit cricket all round.

Every domestic cricketer is entitled to choose who he plays for and the BCCI has no legal right to threaten such players with termination from their employers which is entirely a matter between the players and their employers...

I agree that the ICL did open BCCI's eyes.It has helped them start a T20 torunament.
But,I'm against it.

The ICL claims that it wants to develop youngsters.
1. How do you intend to develop the game by playing T20 ?
Yes,they said that they will start off with the 3 day too,but,they should have started off with the longer version of the game first.

2. Develop Youngsters !
ICL will have 6 teams of 11 each.
As of now,they have signed up 50 players.So will the ICL have only 16 recruits from amongst the common people ?

The young players the BCCI are referring to are probably between the ages of 15 and 20 years old. At those ages, they are likely to be at school or college, especially with the intense education system in India. Therefore, it would not be practical for those people to play cricket matches that last for 3 days at a time, as they will have other commitments. A Twenty20 competition would suit their lifestyles.

I agree that the ICL did open BCCI's eyes.It has helped them start a T20 torunament.
But,I'm against it.

The ICL claims that it wants to develop youngsters.
1. How do you intend to develop the game by playing T20 ?
Yes,they said that they will start off with the 3 day too,but,they should have started off with the longer version of the game first.

2. Develop Youngsters !
ICL will have 6 teams of 11 each.
As of now,they have signed up 50 players.So will the ICL have only 16 recruits from amongst the common people ?
The shortest game is an ideal package for TV and for attracting spectators. A first class game would be more difficult to sell to the public and to foreign players. It is a good starting point because success here carries over for interest in a one-day league or so on. Remember, development is a long term concept. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the second question, as the majority of signings are not big names. One would assume that they need more than 11 per squad, though.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,,22361695-23212,00.html
News is that the PCB intend to sue Imran Farhat (because he's expendable, of course). I'm not even sure if it makes sense. They're yet to gain any humility from the matter, it seems.

Upul Chandana has retired from Intl. Cricket. He said he hasn't decided about joining ICL yet.

That is the knid of thing that naks me angry. I wish these players retired to their own national league like the master "Steve Waugh". We went and played with NSW for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread