Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
it would be nice if the winners of the ICL played against the winner of the Indian Domestic season sometiem down the road. but we know that isnt going to happen.

Harvey may not be allowed to play in England anymore. He was caught drink driving and consequentally had his English passport taken away because the theory is that its a reward for being in our country for 5 years without breaking the law etc.

Harvey can play for Scotland then.

it would be nice if the winners of the ICL played against the winner of the Indian Domestic season sometiem down the road. but we know that isnt going to happen.

Most probably the BCCI will ban the Domestic Winning team from the next year's championship.
Maybe they can play it as a charity match.

the current bcci regime is pathetic all they care about is money and have not done anything for the game.

I agree with that.
Its money money and only money.One look at the FTP will tell you-they only care about earning,no matter how it comes.

May says New Zealand have some thinking to do
Bond might have joined ICL - report

Cricinfo staff

January 1, 2008

Tim May, the chief executive of the Federation of International Cricketers' Associations, says the rights of cricketers must be weighed against the importance of retaining strong Test teams as speculation mounts that Shane Bond might join the Indian Cricket League (ICL).

Source: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/328526.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Shane Bond would certainly add a quality fast bowler to the ICL. However, the ICL should look to target more Indian talent, if they wish to remain a long term prospect and threat to the weak Indian domestic system* rather than the strong IPL.

*Obviously, they will need more 50 over games and some 4 day games too to achieve this.

This is a great addition to the ICL. I look forward to their next competition.

As you guys have said, the ICL's best chance (in the long run) lies in being a parallel domestic setup. And this is exactly why the BCCI are opposing them. With money and talent, there's no telling where the ICL can go.

This is a great addition to the ICL. I look forward to their next competition.

As you guys have said, the ICL's best chance (in the long run) lies in being a parallel domestic setup. And this is exactly why the BCCI are opposing them. With money and talent, there's no telling where the ICL can go.

I agree and the current bcci regime is only interested in the money and have done absolutely nothing to promote the game.

If the Bond thing is true, i'm going to be really dissapinted. The stupid ICL have probably stolen him. It sucks, this country can't afford to pay our cricketers so they get poached. We hve 4 million popularion as it is, easily the least of any test nation and we lose one of the top bowlers in the world :/

If the Bond thing is true, i'm going to be really dissapinted. The stupid ICL have probably stolen him. It sucks, this country can't afford to pay our cricketers so they get poached. We hve 4 million popularion as it is, easily the least of any test nation and we lose one of the top bowlers in the world :/

There's no reason why he cannot play for NZ as well as for the ICL.

You guys really haven't seen the competition, so you base your opinion on rubbish propaganda spewed by the BCCI.

NZ would be mad to not pick Bond even if he joins ICL.

NZ would be mad to not pick Bond even if he joins ICL.
Precisely. No one has to cooperate with the BCCI's "gentlemen's agreement" (more like arm-twisting-backed-by-a-lot-of-money agreement) if they don't want to. I, for one, would like to see other cricket boards play ICL players if they think that they have it in them to represent their national teams again.

NZ cricket will have to reverse their policy a well. I don't see why it's a big problem. The whole thing makes my head spin and annoyed.

NZ cricket will have to reverse their policy a well. I don't see why it's a big problem. The whole thing makes my head spin and annoyed.
It's all about money. BCCI have so much of it that many other cricket boards depend on them for money. For example, if the NZ cricket board cooperates with the BCCI they may be invited for triangular series' or longer ODI series and they probably share some of the revenue.

It's all about money. BCCI have so much of it that many other cricket boards depend on them for money. For example, if the NZ cricket board cooperates with the BCCI they may be invited for triangular series' or longer ODI series and they probably share some of the revenue.

BCCI sucks and oter boards also suck if they ban there players as ICL happens when many have off season in there country. What is wrong with making money in Off Season.

Users who are viewing this thread