Indian Cricket League(ICL)

How do you rate the fielding standards in ICL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are they (ICL) going to focus purely on limited overs cricket?

Agreed with Lara. I doubt anyone played worse then him. Inzamam however had a very strong tournament from the scorecards i'm reading. Cairns was also really good considering how low he was batting (which was bad, he should have been higher) he was the 3rd highest six hitter and had one of the highest scores. Astle had a poor tournament with the bat too.

Yes, Cairns had some good moments. I think Inzi's failure is more attributable to his team's failure rather than his own and that the Heroes ended up 5th out of 6 teams with big names like Azhar Mahmood, Razzaq and Chris Harris who are definitely world-class all-rounders suited to this format of the game.

Last edited:
There are infact many things that i would want to share regd the ICL.
I think i'll write a News Article.

I went through an interview given by Ashish Kaul,Vp,Essel Group.
According to Kaul,there is no actual representation of India in Team India.
Secondly,the ICL can be a real threat to the ICC,cause Kaul was saying that next year they will have teams like Australia,Pakistan,etc.
Problems ?

Are they (ICL) going to focus purely on limited overs cricket?
In the short-term, yes. I believe they intend for a 3 or 4 day competition (plus more teams) to be operating in the 09-10 season (remember, players have been contracted for 3 years). As I understand, the reason is simply that it is much more practical to build the ICL brand in this way. T20 seems to attract more viewers and spectators for the least amount of play time and they don't even need more than one ground to play at. One-dayers attract interest similarly and the prestige is greater, but you really need at least half as many grounds as teams.

First Class cricket of course would require quite a number of grounds for a competition to be played in reasonable time and attracts the lowest viewing or crowd figures. Unlimited overs cricket will only make sense when they have both a proper fan base who will take interest in the teams and fully operating infrastructure.

The ICL was a great success in my opinion

Originally Posted by scion_sid
Sucess of ICL:
Abhishek Jhunjhunwala - Brilliant fielder at point and good batsmen. Also hes 20.
Sujoy Tarafdar - Again 17 year old and good swinging bowler like Agarkar was in his young days.
TP Singh - Good aggresive batsmen and best fielder in ICL.
Powar and Khanolkar - In dismal batting display by Champs these two starred with bat as likes of Lara, Astle and Solanki failed with bat.
Thiru Kumaran - Well he had international experience to back him but still he is much improved bowler than what he was at international level. Bowled with great control and guile.
Ali Murtaza - Another 17 year old with good cricket brain. Went for 4.6 rpo in 7 matches and no body could get hold of him.
R. Satish - Hes vice captain of Superstars and very cool head in middle overs. Never let pressure get to him like his coach Beaven.
S.Abbas Ali - Dangerous left hander. Can hit them to any parts of ground.

These young stars(apart from Thiru Kumaran who is older) they have all had the chance to play with Superstars such as Stuart Law, Chris Cairns, Brian Lara, Inzaman, Azhar Mahmood, Chris Harris, Abdul Razzaq, Chris Read and others,
These youngsters have played and will now have learnt from these players, even if they didn't perform to their best, Along with the coaches they will have learnt new tricks and be better players now.

ya a definite success,looking forward to what they come up with next.

Well, I think the international superstars such as Razzaq, Cairns, Lara, and Inzamam would certainly do better in the 50 over format for the ICL.

But time will tell...

pcb has banned the all their players who were part of ICL from their domestic tournament.

All boards are behaving like baby when it comes to ICL. Will FIA ban drivers like kartikeyan after his involvement in A1 GP which was set up as rival to F1. Answer is No.

Well, I think the international superstars such as Razzaq, Cairns, Lara, and Inzamam would certainly do better in the 50 over format for the ICL.

I don't think overseas players are playing in the ICL 50 over tournament in February.

ya a definite success,looking forward to what they come up with next.

Obviously it had to be a success.
They were riding high on the T20 formula.This strengthened after India's win in the T20 World Cup.

All boards are behaving like baby when it comes to ICL. Will FIA ban drivers like kartikeyan after his involvement in A1 GP which was set up as rival to F1. Answer is No.

A1 has been supported by the FIA.
If you apply this logic,then there will be no GP2 Racing at all !

I don't think overseas players are playing in the ICL 50 over tournament in February.

It will be a flop.
A League is supposed to be played only once a year.ICL is trying to challenge the ICC.
I'll go back to what Ashish Kaul mentioned-We will have a ROW team and challenge the ICC[Source:NDTV Cricket Controversies]

The only thing that they are pointing out is -there is no Indian Team,which is utter crap.The ICL wants an Indian Team with a quota for each state.They are also trying to say that the Indian Team not well represented.

And it is pointless to challenge the BCCI.Cause no one will ever accept an Indian Team by the ICL.

The only thing that they are pointing out is -there is no Indian Team,which is utter crap.The ICL wants an Indian Team with a quota for each state.They are also trying to say that the Indian Team not well represented.

And it is pointless to challenge the BCCI.Cause no one will ever accept an Indian Team by the ICL.

I disagree with the quota system definately.

No matter how unfeasable it is, the ICL clearly wish to overtake the BCCI's domestic system.

BCCI are apparently "upset" that Daryl Tuffey was allowed to play for his domestic team back in New Zealand. I wish they'd shut the hell up once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread