Indian Domestic Cricket

Thank god, atleast Karthik got a half century this time round, with the best strike rate in his team too, 135.

Blues look like they're gonna win again but who knows.

65 off 47 balls I think. Blues got 330, with Sehwag and Raina also getting half centuries. Greens are at 150 for 4 with Tiwary still there with Nayar.

Good.
Hopefully he'll continue the good form. Raina too has been awesome.
Sad that he didn't get the call for the Pakistan series.

I swear Badri will never play for India if it keeps going like this, good form, into squad not played, then ignored.

But he'll have to be patient, Gambhir is pretty inconsistent. I can't wait to see him, if he gets a chance, that is.

Karthik interview:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/india/content/story/317271.html

But has this openness worked against you in any way, this lack of a fixed position?
Not really, because I've batted at No. 7 lot of times, and for my state, Tamil Nadu, I've always batted three and four. I've also now got many runs in Test cricket as an opener. A lot of people might say because I've batted three in ODIs and failed, I'm not good enough, but I still believe that if I get the rub of the green to go my way, and if a few things fall in place for me, I can definitely pick it up.

These things tend to happen. It's not that every position you bat at, you're going to always perform. The most important thing you need to keep in mind when you get back and practice is what is required at a particular level, so that next time if they send you there, you need to be performing.

He believes himself, and he knows his abilities.
Great attitude.

"I'm a person who sometimes tends to worry too much about cricket"

I totally understand. :)

Dinesh, you beautayy!!!

That should silence the critics.

Right now, I reckon Tiwary may get a shout ahead of him, as Karthik has had chances for India before.

Well, some people don't.

Like the people saying he doesn't deserve to open against the Aussies, but Sehwag should instead. To hell with them, I think.

The selectors could have waited an extra day before announcing the squad for the Pakistan series. Typical of them to make the Challenger series Finals irrelevant for selection criterion for the first couple of games.

Users who are viewing this thread