Indian Domestic Cricket

But it'd be unfair if he got into the team instead of Badri at this stage, after all those perfomances from him.

True. But remember than FC performances mean nothing for potential ODI selection.

Here are the points I made using my system:

AM Rahane ? 0 points
V Sehwag ? 5 points
SA Asnodkar ? 9 points
KD Karthik ? 0 points
SK Raina ? 97 points
NK Patel ? 25 points
Iceman ? 97 points
A Mishra ? 46 points
RR Powar ? 26 points
VY Mahesh ? Negative 10 points
RR Bose ? 10 points

Total = 285

RS Ricky ? 0 points
G Gambhir ? 0 points
M Kaif ? 37 points
V Kohli ? 10 points
S Badrinath ? 33 points
M Rawat ? 42 points
P Kumar ? 107 points
SS Mundhe ? 10 points
SK Trivedi ? 30 points
PP Ojha ? 10 points
I Sharma ? 10 points

Total = 289

So?India Red should have won by a few runs. I guess the system can?t predict results but the problem is due to the freak system that none of India Red?s bowlers who bowled over 2 overs went for over six an over.

I have now ignored the last five over points for bowlers, it just doesn?t make sense. Wickets and runs even themselves out...don't they.

So, according to the system: Raina, Iceman and Kumar were the stars.

Ugh, this may be the end of Karthik's career if he keeps failing. At least in ODI's.
Others like Badri, Rohit, and now Raina are doing well again. He needs to bulk up, and I know he can do it.

Ugh, this may be the end of Karthik's career if he keeps failing. At least in ODI's.

I hope so, he is the sort of batsman who likes to go at his own pace and he should definately be kept around the test scene. Especially since he top scored in England.

I hope so, he is the sort of batsman who likes to go at his own pace and he should definately be kept around the test scene. Especially since he top scored in England.

I don't.
i've seen him attack and absolutely rip attacks apart in the ODI scene.
He was brilliant in the U19 World Cup, and his 400 against an attack featuring L. Balaji, YoMahesh, and Murali Karthik was brilliant.

I don't.
i've seen him attack and absolutely rip attacks apart in the ODI scene.
He was brilliant in the U19 World Cup, and his 400 against an attack featuring L. Balaji, YoMahesh, and Murali Karthik was brilliant.

Never rated either of those three. Fact is that if he cannot muster a List A average over 25 then he is not cut out for ODI cricket as a batsman.

karthik fits into test..but odi i dont think so..he is opposite of uthappa..who fits only in odis

is jogindher sharma the best allrounder in the domestic circut?

man..he looks like he is in late 30s...and his pace is slower than afridi pace...

But it'd be unfair if he got into the team instead of Badri at this stage, after all those perfomances from him.

badri and suresh raina both will be selected i think...

im disaapointed abt munaf patel..i thought he was the quickest bowler in india...but seems he is slower than pathan...and also worst fieldier..i hope he improves and play well in this challenger trophy ..

Last edited:
muanf aint had a gread day so far today. there is always next game.

y pathan has bolwed well so far 8-0-27-0

Last edited:
Badrinath's innings should earn him a spot in the ODI series against Pakistan, I feel. Munaf was rubbish and Chawla looked ragged.

Gambhir will be an automatic selection in the ODI side. Sad for Badrinath. He cant get into the test matches too.

Whohooo.... I love this boy Raina! It was me who wanted him to be dropped so that he goes back to domestic cricket and sort his game out. Seems like he might come back well. He is India's best fielder and a very reliable bat. Being Chappell's favorite didnt do good for him. Lets hope he comes back roaring. He will add so much to the side once the seniors are out.

Praveen Kumar - how do you guys think he'd do in the Indian team?

Shame he is competing against Gambhir (73 off 74 today) for a spot in the squad.

If one or two of the "seniors" were rested, there would be ample room for the new players. They've shown themselves more energetic and capable than the so-called established players.

Gambhir is an automatic selection, but I don't know about Sehwag.

Praveen Kumar - how do you guys think he'd do in the Indian team?

From what I've seen he has movement, but not enough pace to trouble batsmen at the international level. He's a skiddy kind of bowler and I think he'll be good if he can consistently hit 135-140 kph. So far he's been round about 125-130. Not much above 125 most of the time.

Last edited:
Greens were completely battered in the end. Oh dear.

rohit sharma shud get a game..he played brillantly in 20 20 world cup..but got only 1 chance..in the aus match ...he came very low in the battin order

Users who are viewing this thread