Indian Domestic Cricket

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If India wants a top-order batsman capable of BazBalling, Yashasvi Jaiswal is turning out to be a fine option.
India will select such in form person after a year. They will then be forced to sit on the bench for another year. By the times they actually pick up the bat for the nation, their form will have trailed off.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea

Skankhunt_42

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Disappointing schedule. Playing ODI against minnows mostly won't do any good for WC, unless they want to increase their selection headache by letting young guns take the field.

By the way, Is Asia cup without PAKISTAN rumor is true?

FB_IMG_1685710562294.jpg

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Expect a Dhawan led side against WI and AFG

In a WC year I'd flip if the team is a reserve one led by someone who doesn't even come close to making the team at present and is not a long-term option in any way. I don't expect them to do it either but you never say never with the current setup.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
In a WC year I'd flip if the team is a reserve one led by someone who doesn't even come close to making the team at present and is not a long-term option in any way. I don't expect them to do it either but you never say never with the current setup.

The fact that we are playing a team, who isnt even assured of being at the World Cup- this itself flips me out!

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Looking at all the T20 tournaments around the world, seeing a bit of the TNPL, knowing how good the Blast does with only one or two overseas players, I'm kind of surprised* there isn't more of a push behind the SMAT to make it a bigger deal. Would there be interest if the matches were better promoted and played at times that were more viewer friendly? Or is it basically just IPL trials and no one wants to put any money into it?

*not that much

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Looking at all the T20 tournaments around the world, seeing a bit of the TNPL, knowing how good the Blast does with only one or two overseas players, I'm kind of surprised* there isn't more of a push behind the SMAT to make it a bigger deal. Would there be interest if the matches were better promoted and played at times that were more viewer friendly? Or is it basically just IPL trials and no one wants to put any money into it?

*not that much
The harsh truth is that to the majority average Indian viewer (excluding the avid cricket enthusiasts on this forum), all that matters to them are the big stars and top of the pyramid cricketers. They just want to watch the Kohlis and Dhonis and Rohits and they are obsessed with them. They don't even bat an eye about others, hence the low interest in other domestic tournaments.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India

*not that much
To be honest, Indian public doesn't really follow the domestic ones to that extent. I quite remember early 2000s when stadiums used to be at least 50% full for Ranji matches.

Most of this can be attributed to the India contr at holders not turning up for domestic games. Early 2000 we had the likes of Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly,Yuvraj and even VVS Laxman turning out regularly for their states.

SMAT needs a bit of foreign influx, sponsorship and presence of Indian stars.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys

Users who are viewing this thread