Indian Domestic Cricket

Muralitharan to play for Bengal

Bengal have bagged the services of Muttiah Muralitharan, the Sri Lankan offspinner, for the 2008-09 Ranji Trophy. Murali, the leading wicket-taker in Tests, will play about four matches in the tournament's second division - the Plate League, his manager confirmed to Cricinfo.

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ranjiplateleague2008/content/current/story/371712.html

It would be good to see foreign players playing Indian domestic cricket,that will also provide good experience to domestic players.

20 year old Pujara score 386 in CK Naiydu trophy against Maharashtra. Well Kohli and Pujara will be guys carrying our batting ship now in future.

Pujara will replace the Wall in the near future,he has in fact modeled himself on Dravid.

Challenger series has started today. India Red need 100 in 18.4 overs. Blues have lost this one. :p

Tiwari has other ideas. He wants Blues to win by playing idiotic shots.

scion_sid added 16 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Yuvi on fire with bowling and now Blues down to all rounders. Its upto Tiwari now for Reds.

Ok so Ashwin did the trick for Blue and Who says that Kumar is an all rounder? :p

Watch ICL now. Badshahs are on fire.

Blues are almost home here.

Uthappa was immense yet again when everybody fell, but it did seem like he had a deathwish, and an allergy to hitting tons. I hope Dhoni saw Ashwin's perfomance, get him into the CSK line up!

Robin is certainly looking like he had practiced hard on his batting. Where is Sree though. He danced so well on reality show so he cant be injured.

Reds take on the Blues in the final. Dinda gets the breakthrough by trapping Parthiv LBW and then gets Rohit Sharma out - he looks like one of the best discoveries of the IPL and certainly has appeared to take to limited overs cricket, earning himself the new ball in his second List A match. Although I cannot watch the Challenger Trophy, I'd imagine he'd impress with the pace he gets off the pitch as well as his outswing from the right hander. Sharma and Badrinath in with Nayar yet to come in, but other than that, the batting looks a tad thin.

I am expecting the Blues to win this purely on the strength of their batting line up: Uthappa, Rahane, Kohli, Yuvraj, Irfan Pathan are all very good OD batsmen and Karthik is pretty capable at times too. However, Red do have the weapon of Monish Parmer who has the potential to turn a match singlehandedly, from what I've heard.

Blues FTW! :eek: :p

They really are. India blue are consistent overall. A very few clicks in this tournament, i was expecting a demolishing atmosphere and 300+ Total on the board.. Very less cricketers performed.. But it's List A, go put all these players against foreign teams, they'll show their true skill, they're diplomatic in this series.. Not very much, but the players are not taking the chance to the serious level, they're just playing their "ordinary" game. Don't want to sound offensive though.

Reds as you've said manee, have a very strong bowling order. Seeing the yesterday's match, i was surprised, they got them (IG) out completely and won the game, although, green team has got much closer to the target. Anyways, win is win, and we have to admire their bowling attack.

Go India Blue!

I'd just like to say, Murali Vijay is an absolute beast, that six off Pathan was just imperious. Red's batting line up only flattered decieve, Badri holding the fort like he does a lot of the time.

Kumar's cameo of 35 off 37 comes to an end. There is a century which could make Badrinath's dream a reality for the taking if the Red tail stick around.

What an absolute ripper, through the gate and into off! Badri completely owned by Ashwin, and he wasn't happy as he walked off.

Users who are viewing this thread