Indian Domestic Cricket

I think Maharashtra are a strong side this time for the Ranji trophy they've got players like Paradkar,Shrikhande etc..

BCCI okays foreign players' participation in domestic cricket

Ricky Ponting or Kevin Pietersen playing in the Ranji Trophy is now quite a possibility with the BCCI Technical Committee on Saturday allowing state associations to add a foreigner in their squads.

The Sunil Gavaskar-led committee, which met at the Cricket Centre, decided to allow associations four 'guest' players -- from outside the state -- in their side.

"One of the four players could be a cricketer from overseas, who has played at least 10 Tests and/or 20 ODIs," BCCI secretary Niranjan Shah said in a statement.

http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3425739.cms

It would be interesting to see any good foreign player playing in Indian domentic games.Good Idea.

Hmm.... I don't like it that much. We have enough quality cricketers playing in India without needing to resort to introducing foreign cricketers.

Although it may help two things in bringing a foreign viewpoint into the team and increasing viewership. I still think that this should be highly regulated so that we don't end up allowing just about anyone to fly into India and play domestic cricket here.

Hmm.... I don't like it that much. We have enough quality cricketers playing in India without needing to resort to introducing foreign cricketers.

Although it may help two things in bringing a foreign viewpoint into the team and increasing viewership. I still think that this should be highly regulated so that we don't end up allowing just about anyone to fly into India and play domestic cricket here.

Not a bad idea sohum. I feel the IPL was an indicator that domestic cricket got a lot of audience when the international stars play for the respective teams. It helped the Indian team also as we have a larger pool to pick now everytime the selectors sit to pick the sides. Now this IPL type thing will go on for a longer time with intl. stars playing in domestic cricket. Indian domestic cricket will be watched more, and will help India.

Tendulkar to play Irani Trophy

Sachin Tendulkar has declared himself fit for the coming season and will play the Irani Trophy match between Ranji Trophy champions Delhi and Rest of India starting on September 24 in Baroda.

"I have recovered totally and am feeling fine," said Tendulkar. "I will play in the Irani Trophy match against the Ranji Trophy champions Delhi."

http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/368523.html

It is good to see players taking active part in their domsetic cricket,just to get in touch and form.Good work Sachin.

While it's good that Sachin plays the Irani Trophy, I feel bad for one of the youngsters who performed well enough to warrant an Irani selection but will now be left out.

Its good that these stars are playing domestic cricket,otherwise normally BCCI forces them to play 3-5 matches,that will give sachin some touch after missing few International Matches.

Why is Yuvi dropped?

Where will he gain confidence if he is not allowed to play domestic cricket. :p

Asnodkar has been picked up for Tri series (India A/Aus A/NZ A next month) he really played well,and its good that he has been selected,good to see when a youngster really performs weel and also gets selected.

Also Ashok Dinda included in the 14-member Rest of India squad for the Irani Trophy.He was playing for SRK's KKR.

guys this Kohli guys is awesome...india's next star cricketer...he and dhoni together will ruin teams...

Sachin wont be taking part in Irani trophy because of injury.

Users who are viewing this thread