IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lokesh Rahul
Shane Watson/Kohli
Ab de Villiers/ Kohli
Ab de Villiers/ Watson
Sarfaraz Kahn
Kedar Jadhav
Sachin Baby
Stuart Binny
Adam Milne
Chris Jordan
Yuzvendra Chahal

The problem with RCB is the fact that the brought Wiese and Kane Richardson who aren't very good. I don't know if players like Boult were unsold but they desperately need better bowlers. I'd go with this team and if Binny struggles take him out for another bowler.

What happened to Varun Aaron? I thought he was going to be the next big thing but he seems rather ordinary...
Aarron might be good in ODi but t20 definetly not

Lokesh Rahul
Shane Watson/Kohli
Ab de Villiers/ Kohli
Ab de Villiers/ Watson
Sarfaraz Kahn
Kedar Jadhav
Sachin Baby
Stuart Binny
Adam Milne
Chris Jordan
Yuzvendra Chahal

The problem with RCB is the fact that the brought Wiese and Kane Richardson who aren't very good. I don't know if players like Boult were unsold but they desperately need better bowlers. I'd go with this team and if Binny struggles take him out for another bowler.

What happened to Varun Aaron? I thought he was going to be the next big thing but he seems rather ordinary...
I think Boult is in Hyderabad. And I dunno where you heard it/seen it, but Aaron was always ordinary. The only thing he was famous was for bowling 150 odd kph in domestic cricket. He just had pace. Nothing else.

I believe @Markkkkk reads a special daily were they constantly replace words can be 'good' with "chosen one" "Fantabolous" etc otherwise he wouldn't be out here telling people called aaron the next big thing or abd is overhyped etc! Aaron has always been a spray gun with some good deliveries or spell ocassionaly, the guy can become "good" if he can get some accuracy! I have quoted it markkkk that he can become good not extraordinary or curtley ambrose, just so that you wouldn't go the next time saying someone over-hyped aaron!:rolleyes

I can't see the logic behind dropping Bravo. He's our best player (Raina, McCullum all included). If we wanted Finch to play, we could've dropped Faulkner.

I never really know with some of the Indian players. With Aaron whenever I watched the IPL a couple of years ago the commentators went crazy for him and lots of fans on the internet did the same. Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong Indian supporters but I just repeat what I hear.

Also AB is at least in SA overhyped. I have friends who are die hard AB fans yet they say they don't like watching SA matches sometimes because of how some of the commentators preach about him. Come to SA for a year and after the fifteenth time the commentators says how good AB is while Miller or du Plessis scores a hundred and you'll understand...

I never really know with some of the Indian players. With Aaron whenever I watched the IPL a couple of years ago the commentators went crazy for him and lots of fans on the internet did the same. Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong Indian supporters but I just repeat what I hear.
Whenever India sees a potential fast bowler they overhype him and spoil him. They've done it with Bhuvneshwar, they've done it with Varun, they've done it with Shami and they're doing the same with Bumrah.

Aaron whenever I watched the IPL a couple of years ago the commentators went crazy for him and lots of fans on the internet did the same. Maybe I'm just listening to the wrong Indian supporters but I just repeat what I hear.

Ipl commentators set the bar really low, they are meant to hype even the players sneezes and coughs! tbf almost all commentary teams nowadays hype the players of their broadcast region even if they are pedestrian! One billion+ souls in india so even if its a minority view it will look like they are hyping it!Still i dont know how it is relevant in this forum though is it something like " you all said so " stuff

[DOUBLEPOST=1462288048][/DOUBLEPOST]DD are killing it there with GL good start!

Last edited:
I can't see the logic behind dropping Bravo. He's our best player (Raina, McCullum all included). If we wanted Finch to play, we could've dropped Faulkner.

Bravo is injured.

Some solid shots from Rishabh Pant. His timing of the ball is amazing to watch. Good that he is getting chance to open the inning.

Congratulations Pant. Awesome half century. DD finally found there perfect openers.

Whenever India sees a potential fast bowler they overhype him and spoil him. They've done it with Bhuvneshwar, they've done it with Varun, they've done it with Shami and they're doing the same with Bumrah.
Look. Whoever praised Varun in his initial stage was clearly not thinking properly. I dunno where you guys saw or which horrid commentator said it. I for one didn't think anything special off him nor the people around me. And yes, we did with bhuvi, Shami, bumrah.
Bhuvi is still good. Ravi shashtri and others wanted him to have some pace in his bowling. Bhuvi was trying that and hence he failed. He is not half bad as people think he is.
Shami is spoilt? Seriously? Shami just came back from one year injury. He didn't play any, ANY cricket in that period. He played just 2-3 local games. So post IPL, I hope he comes back. I am pretty sure he will do good in internationals.
Coming to Bumrah, he has been the best thing that's happened to us in bowing department for quite a while. You know how our mordern day bowlers are. So it's obvious we are praising him. And so far he has been good. I don't understand why other people have problem with that? You might tell that that will get into his head and he won't perform well later. But, we did the same thing to kohli and dhoni in their initial stage and how good are they now? It's all about each individual. It depends on how they handle it.

Coming to IPL, I am so happy to see Zak smiling always. That makes me smile too. I hope DD play well for the rest of the tournament too.

Users who are viewing this thread