IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look. Whoever praised Varun in his initial stage was clearly not thinking properly. I dunno where you guys saw or which horrid commentator said it. I for one didn't think anything special off him nor the people around me. And yes, we did with bhuvi, Shami, bumrah.
Bhuvi is still good. Ravi shashtri and others wanted him to have some pace in his bowling. Bhuvi was trying that and hence he failed. He is not half bad as people think he is.
Shami is spoilt? Seriously? Shami just came back from one year injury. He didn't play any, ANY cricket in that period. He played just 2-3 local games. So post IPL, I hope he comes back. I am pretty sure he will do good in internationals.
Coming to Bumrah, he has been the best thing that's happened to us in bowing department for quite a while. You know how our mordern day bowlers are. So it's obvious we are praising him. And so far he has been good. I don't understand why other people have problem with that? You might tell that that will get into his head and he won't perform well later. But, we did the same thing to kohli and dhoni in their initial stage and how good are they now? It's all about each individual. It depends on how they handle it.
I didn't say Shami was spoilt. I say fast bowlers in India are "usually" spoilt.

And as far as Bumrah's concerned, Yes, He is the best thing that has happened to Indian bowling in quite a while.

And praising him is not a bad thing, but what if He isn't as mentally stable as Kohli and Dhoni? What if He becomes an egomaniacal? I mean, Kohli and Dhoni were praised, and they were praised rightly so too. But they were mentally mature and didn't have any egos. What's the guarantee that Bumrah won't become egomaniacal? There are gazallion examples of players being spoilt because of they were overhyped or overpraised.

Didn't all the Pakistanis say that Ahmed Shehzad will be the next big thing for Pakistan? Now look where He's at now.

Praising someone isn't wrong, overpraising is. Bumrah isn't being praised, He is being overpraised and You guys should realise it.

I didn't say Shami was spoilt. I say fast bowlers in India are "usually" spoilt.

And as far as Bumrah's concerned, Yes, He is the best thing that has happened to Indian bowling in quite a while.

And praising him is not a bad thing, but what if He isn't as mentally stable as Kohli and Dhoni? What if He becomes an egomaniacal? I mean, Kohli and Dhoni were praised, and they were praised rightly so too. But they were mentally mature and didn't have any egos. What's the guarantee that Bumrah won't become egomaniacal? There are gazallion examples of players being spoilt because of they were overhyped or overpraised.

Didn't all the Pakistanis say that Ahmed Shehzad will be the next big thing for Pakistan? Now look where He's at now.

Praising someone isn't wrong, overpraising is. Bumrah isn't being praised, He is being overpraised and You guys should realise it.
That's what I said. It's about each individual. When you reach that high point in life, that individual should be capable of handling praise, pressure, etc. If a certain player gets spoilt due to this reason, then he is not good enough in the long run. When you represent your country, you should be prepared to handle these things. We are cricket crazy nations. It's obvious that a good player will draw a lot of attention. Sometimes, it's these kinda things that will make an individual to work hard.
And I don't really get the praise/ over praise thing. We are not telling that he will become a legend in future. can you explain how we are over praising him? We are just relying a lot on him to bowl those death overs. We are praising him properly. We are not over praising him. Infact we are hoping that he won't be selected to test cricket for some time so that he can become good and consistent in limited overs format. Now, how is that over praising (op)? If we were op him, then we would have wanted him to be selected in all formats of the game. The one person which I agree about op is Ashwin. Thankfully Bumrah hasn't reached that kinda level.

Sure.

Honestly disappointed with iyer. Expected a lot from him in this tournament, but failed miserably. Hope he comes back stronger.

RPS have missed the trick by not getting Amla. WTF is their management doing and same with Dhoni? I guess RPS have given up on this season and are probably planning to make do with whatever they have left. If that's the case, its so disgraceful to the fans following the team.

I have loved Delhi so far. They look a great side so far under the leadership of Zaheer and the coaching of Dravid. Once Pune exit, my backing firmly behind Delhi. Still have a soft corner for Kohli and RCB, but Delhi will be my first love. I feel the final could be between KKR and Delhi.

Delhi seem to be very charming ..

DD is certainly the dark horse, i would even go as far as to say zak is the coolest captain after MSD! The guy is really calm, and the team always looks calm and composed !

My order of backing, is pune, dd,rcb, gl

Still have a soft corner for Kohli and RCB

im just waiting for RCB match on may 16, There is going to be repercussions for this and i dont mean the fine levied

Loved the highlights of the DD vs Lions game. Risbabh Pant looked beautiful with his game. I really liked the look of him. Pant and Iyer are two promising openers that India desperately need to blossom well.

That Gambhir thing looked fake and rehearsed. Such a terrible way to inject drama into the competition. What was he trying? :lol Think of something else kid!

I strongly feel DD, KKR, GL, SRH/MI will come to the play offs. I wanted RCB in there too, but that won't be the case in this season. Backing DD and GL for the finals.

After a very long time a young Indian batsman has excited me so much! I think Sanju Samson is a lot of unnecessary hype (my opinion) but boy does Rishabh Pant ignite a spark!! I think Sarfaraz is also good, but Pant has a *swag* about him very reminiscent of a young Yuvraj Singh. THAT flick over mid wicket seems straight out of the Yuvi copybook!

Gambhir is an absolute loser! He has no class as a sportsperson and all his runs this year look good because of the hitting prowess in the end not to mention his hysterical running between the wickets! He's struggling to play genuine quick bowling and as long as he can have a SR of 120 on wickets like Mumbai, the opposition will have no issues with his 'consistent' 50's!

I strongly feel DD, KKR, GL, SRH/MI will come to the play offs. I wanted RCB in there too, but that won't be the case in this season. Backing DD and GL for the finals.

GL are not as finished an article as KKR. They are extremely dependent on Smith and Baz and they desperately need Raina to convert! He has got out in the 20's way too often! I think their bowling is also mediocre bar Bravo at the death and Kulkarni up top. If you ask me, for pure balance, pure depth in squad, KKR and MI are streets ahead of the rest. BUT, KKR have a lunatic captain and they tinker way too much with their XI and batting line up while MI are a mercurial side who have been very lukewarm this year. If MI get a couple of wins more on the trot, they will surge into the top two (and they generally win from there) because they always ride the crest of the wave. At the same time, if they lose a couple they'll crash out. All to play for! DD are the dark horses much like RR of yesteryear!

When Kohli do something or Abuse everyone saying MC BC everywhere thats proud for Indians.
When others do people's ### itches.
Grow up.

Users who are viewing this thread