IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's like everyone trying for a place in Indian team. I always liked Pathan for his brutal powers but lacked technique. It looks like he has been working hard. A good thing for KKR that he has found his touch at this stage of the league.

[HASHTAG]#KorboLorboJeetbo[/HASHTAG] :D

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Number 1 rule when Pathan is batting is you don't bowl a spinner to him. Yes, the pitch was turning and Dhoni had 3 spinners in team but Pathan will just bully spinners. As a spinner, you need a magic ball to dismiss Pathan like the one Ashwin bowled to him the very first ball. He was lucky to survive and than went berserk.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Read a number of posts here-

I'd like to just say to @SaiSrini that RCB and MI are the worst spenders at the auction. I agree with you that they need to stack up some quality players rather than tank up on superstars but the ailing situation for RCB has been Gayle vs AB. I have no doubt in my mind that Watson is crucial because he bowls and bowls quality. Personally, I don't think Gayle even deserves to be compared to an AB but, some people don't think so. RCB should play Watson, AB and two foreign quicks.

As for the Mustafizur Rahman comparison to Akram? Okay! The lad has talent and I'm sure he's a world beater at the moment but he seems to me to be a bit limited to limited overs cricket. Start and Aamir are two guys that you could possibly hope are half as good, but cricketers like Wasim Akram are once in a generation! There won't be another Wasim Akram!

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
No one compares him to Wasim Akram. The legend garryjo was trying to dismiss Mustafizurs hype by making up statements...

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Hashim Amlas too slow for T20s though?

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It's funny how Krunal has taken over role of Hardik. I was expecting a big season from Hardik but it's the other way around and Krunal is having a more than decent season. His inning was brutal today. He took apart both Mishra and Tahir on a surface where it was difficult to time the ball. Amazing to watch.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
And why is that?
Because he doesn't formulate any good reason to explain why it isn't good for T20s. He basically just says that if it hadn't rained they would've got to 135-140.

Saroj padhy

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
You might want to read the article rather than focusing on the headline. He is actually making a very valid point of how duckworth lewis doesn't work in T20.
Read it twice.
"Duckworth-Lewis is rubbish,"
He also said that they might have scored 135-140 if they played till 20th over.
Which is impossible.
Only Dhoni was left in the crease scoring 8* off 22 deliveries. His strike rate of 36.36 was the lowest by a batsman who has faced more than 20 balls in all IPLs. His overall strike rate this season is 123.59, second-lowest among batsmen who have faced 100 or more balls at Nos. 4, 5, 6.
Instead of accepting their own mistakes Fleming trying to blame DL method. I don't think there is anything unfair. 66 off 9 over with Req. Rate 7+.
That looks defendable if you have a good captain.

Another thing i noticed last night which is the proof of how worst he is as a captain.
Sending spinners against Pathan. The whole world knows how dangerous he is against spinners. There is something for spinners in this wicket, but you have to be smart enough. M. Ashwin not gonna bowl a tight over against Pathan power. Not even Ravichandran .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread