IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At present, Raina and Mccullum are nailing it. Mumbai need couple of wickets to remain in this contest. They get eliminated if at all they lose this match.

Steyn is not the bowler he used to be. No point having him in the team when you Bravo, as Bravo provides more with the bat.
Ya. That's why I didn't say he should be in the team. I just said it's sad to see him like that.

So GL and SRH through

and now battle between RCB, KKR and DD
all will be clarified tomorrow

So GL and SRH through

and now battle between RCB, KKR and DD
all will be clarified tomorrow
Mumbai Idiots...
What a poor performance.
Logically, not out of the tournament yet for us!

SRH v KKR - SRH winning by more than 44 runs. or chasing in less than 15 overs.

RCB v DD - RCB winning by more than 30 runs or chasing in less than 16 overs.

An excellent day for the CSK fans today.

First of all, I'm just delighted for MSD and his fans today. For far too long we have been kept down! I said this before, I will say it again- Free MS up. I'm convinced about it. I think his batting is still at a very high level and his wicketkeeping is never a question. Most of the questions are around his tactics! I really did think that I'd see a last ball six with six needed once in my life, but 12 of 2? Ridiculous!

Last over of spin? I thought it was a brilliant call! MS would have gobbled Sandy/Abbot up! The mistake Axar Patel made was the length first and then the line. He should have bowled over, short and wide for the last two balls. But, it's always easier after it's over. I'd agree with @SaiSrini on the fact that bowling a spinner in the death is suicide. I just felt that 23 runs was a decent cushion. 12 of 2? I'd fancy myself. You just need to bowl short and outside off. Cutting with no pace on it for six is near impossible. The length Axar bowled was district level cricket!

MI are out. Good riddance I say. They've been very very average for the squad they have! They really need to revisit their auction strategy. 9.7 crores for Pollard? It's bogus! Corey Anderson didn't play a game and he's paid the better part of 4 crores! It just makes 0 sense. Unmukht Chand played one game. Parthiv Patel played a majority inspite of Buttler being the better keeper! They first need to have ONE coach and ONE mentor. Not a non playing eleven of mentors and coaches. Last year they went on a serious rush and some of their domestic talent bailed them out but on the whole they've been on the brink of a collapse perpetually. I told my friend today that in the IPL you don't have sense. Captains and Coaches make bogus changes for no reason and when they should, they don't! DR Smith was wobbling it around in both games and it was so obvious that Southee was the better choice on this wicket and not McCleneghan! What irks me is that the 'pundits'(specifically Sidhu) was singing his praises no end and then after the game started criticising McCleneghan for his length! Well, that's what he's bowled ALL IPL!!

Lastly, RCB game tomorrow. Not for the first time, my heart says they're going to win this IPL! But, my mind is keeping me on earth and I'm fully prepped for an exit! KKR losing the first game though might ensure RCB a berth?

Logically, not out of the tournament yet for us!

SRH v KKR - SRH winning by more than 44 runs. or chasing in less than 15 overs.

RCB v DD - RCB winning by more than 30 runs or chasing in less than 16 overs.
Hmmmmm. The first one will not gonna happen . Our team KKR will if lose also , not so badly

but the second one everybody knows :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

Hmmmmm. The first one will not gonna happen . Our team KKR will if lose also , not so badly

but the second one everybody knows :rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes:rolleyes

specially when kkr playing at home ground , they are pretty strong their with local support .

I think shifting matches part went out against MI .

RCB going to win this IPL season , take a bow to rcb trinity :)

Raina seems highly rejuvenated after the birth of his kid. Two half centuries in a row immediately after his child's birth when he was struggling for form before it! They always say that good things that happen in life bring positive vibes and results in other areas too, and it's happening in Raina's case.

GL has two chances at the final. I definitely back them to make it on atleast one of the attempts (most likely the first one itself). If that happens, it will be another faux CSK side in the final of another IPL. Well done so far to Gujarat Lions. They have looked really good. They had this mid season slump and luckily they have shrugged it off. They seem primed for the home run. Now waiting for Delhi and RCB to make it. Backing Hyderabad tomorrow against KKR. If SRH can beat KKR, they go to the top of the table and cement the Top two spot. Also it will be great if SRH can comprehensively beat KKR to bring down KKR's net run rate. That way, both RCB and Delhi can have a chance when they play the last league game.

Last edited:
:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm:facepalm 2 wickets down [HASHTAG]#KKR[/HASHTAG]
They gave the wic. like giving cakes

No.. KKR is gonna win :c that means rcb have to win next match.

Users who are viewing this thread