IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kohli take a bow! This man is not a human and people were actually comparing him to some root flower or seed.

I am enjoying Kohli's form, but I hope he doesn't waste this purple patch on RCB. I hope he can continue playing this way for India in tests as we have a long test season coming up.

Kohli take a bow! This man is not a human and people were actually comparing him to some root flower or seed.

Well, I understand where you're coming from but there's a lot left for Kohli to achieve. While I rate the IPL as the most coveted t20 championship league, it still isn't international cricket. I wouldn't be able to make the runs he's making on my PS3 so I'm not undermining what he's doing because it's just ridiculous, but there's a LONG way to go!

Can you compare the likes of Root, Williamson and Smith to Kohli? Absolutely! In limited overs? Get lost I say! He's in his own category right now and no one comes near him. The guy who comes closest is AB de Villiers and as ardent and die hard a fan as I am of him, Kohli has gone a level above in terms of consistency! It pains me to say it, but it's true.

I hope we never play against India till we sort out our team. Kohli would rip our **** apart.

Pakistan Cricket has been in tatters for decades. It took some exceptional talent to still keep them afloat and respectable. I don't believe Pakistan is any less talented than India, the major difference is the media and board politics around Pakistan! India are pretty bad themselves so you can imagine how pathetic the state of affairs are. Pakistan need a change of mindset, discipline, positivity and patience. Their selection is fickle and sorry to say laughable most of the times.

How it works in Pakistan-

Senior player not performing.

Media- 'Drop him already! We are ten years behind modern day cricket! (which actually is true)

Selectors drop him, pick a young guy who fails.

Media- 'Just look at the record of the senior player! How can he be dropped? It's all favoritism of the captain and the coach!

Selectors make the initially dropped senior player captain and sack the captain and coach!

This entire cycle is the only thing consistent with Pakistan cricket! I hope with Inzy now there, some sense will prevail. He knows how to do a job, provided people let him. I see an upswing in Pakistan's fortunes in the medium-long term future. They just need to be patient and the fans need to back their team and captain. The first thing they need to do is turn off people like Omar Sharif who knows crap about cricket, turns up drunk on TV and trolls national heroes!

I am enjoying Kohli's form, but I hope he doesn't waste this purple patch on RCB. I hope he can continue playing this way for India in tests as we have a long test season coming up.

I used to get similar feeling but the way he is talking right now in press conferences and interviews, it seems like he is at that stage of his career where he just wants to keep it going. He has done it for RCB this season but we have seen him doing it for India in T20 WC 2014 and the recent one as well where he single handedly almost got India to WC. However, as you said, this season he has just been on another level. His test record is good but it's not great which I think he will be there by the end of our test season this year.

I used to get similar feeling but the way he is talking right now in press conferences and interviews, it seems like he is at that stage of his career where he just wants to keep it going. He has done it for RCB this season but we have seen him doing it for India in T20 WC 2014 and the recent one as well where he single handedly almost got India to WC. However, as you said, this season he has just been on another level. His test record is good but it's not great which I think he will be there by the end of our test season this year.

I think his limited overs career is yet to see a dip. His lowest point even in the limited overs was England, and that's about the only series I remember where he struggled. Personally, I've not seen a better limited overs batsman in the top order (Tendulkar included) and anyone who sees this as an exaggeration is entitled to an opinion, just like I have mine, but a catastrophe like 'James Taylor' aside, those limited overs numbers are going to look glittering once Virat calls it a day.

Tests? A long, long way to go but I'm backing him, simply because of his work ethic! I rate Ganguly as a very good limited overs batsman (Indian players only) and Kohli is already miles ahead of him at the age of 26/27. The man is just the real deal in limited overs.

What was the scenerio last year? I want to know it. :p

I want it to be an RCB vs DD final.

DD because, I've felt pity for them in all the previous seasons and RCB because Kohli, de Villiers, Gayle and Watson. :p

I want it to be an RCB vs DD final.

DD because, I've felt pity for them in all the previous seasons and RCB because Kohli, de Villiers, Gayle and Watson. :p
Tbh, any one will qualify which is a fact.

^That and RCB and SRH to meet in finals and RCB taking revenge finally !

Users who are viewing this thread