IPL Indian Premier League 2016- General Discussion

Which team will be the champion of IPL 2017?

• Delhi Daredevils

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kolkata Knight Riders

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Kings XI Punjab

• Mumbai Indians

• Rising Pune Supergiants

• Gujarat Lions

• Sunrisers Hyderabad

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Royal Challengers Bangalore

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even I am supporting DD tonight because of Dravid and Zak.

greymatter776

Panel of Selectors
India
Mumbai Indians
Profile Flag
India
Looking forward how Zaheer Khan would be bowling,he would feel a lot more free for he has retired and is a captain now.How Shami and Pawan Suyal develops under him would be interesting too.Some young batsmen to look out would be Samson,Iyer,Agarwal and Karun Nair

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Hope Yusuf Pathan fires a lot more in this season. Last couple of years he has been very average.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I like the look of DD with lots of potential India players in it. Samson, Iyer, Agawal, Karun Nair, Negi and playing under coaching of Dravid is ideal for them. I am expecting that they will go with QDK, Duminy and Tahir but it will be interesting to see who takes the last overseas spot. They have paid a lot of money for Morris but that means they will have to leave out Carlos who won WI the WT20 final.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Ideal thing would be to get in Brathwaite. I'm really impressed by him. They must include him because they don't have a proper finisher in their side except him. Zaheer & Shami can keep the pace dept. under their control; don't think they need another pace bowler in team while these two are in. Kolkata would be slightly more in favor of spinners. So it won't be a big risk picking Negi, Mishra & Tahir.

Btw, Zaheer+Shami+Mishra+Tahir+Negi: that really sound like a destructive bowling combo. They have much of consistent variety & control. It would be really challenging for any team to bat against them.

Last edited:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Rahane is such a good player to have at the top of the order. He would always be my first buy if I was buying in an auction...

themusketeer

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Kolkata Knight Riders

:bat:Gambhir
:wkb:Uthappa
:bat:Pandey
:bat:Munro
:bat:S Yadav
:ar:Pathan
:ar:Russell
:bwl:Chawla
:ar:Hastings
:bwl:Hogg
:bwl:Yadav

Delhi Daredevils

:wkb:Kock
:bat:Agarwal
:bat:Iyer
:bat:Nair
:bat:Samson
:ar:Negi
:ar:Brathwaite
:ar:Morris
:bwl:Khan
:bwl:Mishra
:bwl:Coulter-Nile
[DOUBLEPOST=1460298176][/DOUBLEPOST]
Duminy and Tahir
Both not included.

Why has Shami not been selected ?

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
DD use 3 oversea bowlers and let the batting spot to young india... let's see how this turn out for them...

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
This hurts me. I picked Shakib & Narine in the fantasy team and placed Russell among the reserves just an hour before we had to confirm final lineup. Isn't Eden pitch providing assistance to the spinners anymore like it did in last few years during the IPL? (I remember they used to include three proper spinners.) I thought they'd go for more spinners this year as well, but neither side has picked more than 1 for today's game.

Is Shami still injured though? That would be a real big woe for DD. They can bench any of Morris/Brathwaite/Coulter-Nile for him and get Duminy in, which would help them score more runs. At the moment, their batting lineup looks like shit.

Users who are viewing this thread