Indian Premier League - General Discussion

For the life of me I don't understand why Manish Pandey cannot score runs in the orange jersey. He has been so much more successful for teams like KKR and RCB.

TBH, it is painful to see him play in T20's right now. He has been below average whenever he has got a chance and almost looks like he has forgotten how to bat. This guy should be a lock any middle order of any team but instead he is warming the bench in a team which probably has one of the weakest middle order in this tournament. I still remember how well he played against Australia in that final ODI in 2016. Since then however, he has been given a lot of chances but he hasn't done anything.

If SRH manage to lose it from this position, with less than 5 rpo requirement, I'll be done with the team for this season. SRH is eerily similar to the national team in that once the top 3 are taken care of, it's a cake walk for the opposition. The middle order is os brittle that they fall like 9 pins.

For this to be a confidence booster, they should do it by the end of 17th over. Otherwise, it's as good as a loss given the supreme position they are in currently.

Are you following tge IPL or Just the CSK matches? The pitches in Hyderabad in the last few games have no means a batting one scores of 140 odd proved to be extremely difficult to chase and the one which is being played today is similar to it.CSK should fancy their chances the wicket which is slower and as the match progresses will even get slower.

I have followed a few Hyderabad games. I dont follow the entire IPL. I follow all CSK games, and most non-CSK games on the weekends.

I have followed a few games that were played in Hyderabad this IPL and those were high scoring.

Warner's innings at the start proved to be the biggest difference this match. No Dhoni may have had an impact in Chahar's and Thakur's performances as well.

TBH, it is painful to see him play in T20's right now. He has been below average whenever he has got a chance and almost looks like he has forgotten how to bat. This guy should be a lock any middle order of any team but instead he is warming the bench in a team which probably has one of the weakest middle order in this tournament. I still remember how well he played against Australia in that final ODI in 2016. Since then however, he has been given a lot of chances but he hasn't done anything.

I have now formed an opinion that some guys just can't perform under huge price tags. It's not the first time this is happening to Pandey. Unadkat is another prime example of this. DK was a regular feature until a few years back. I didn't believe in this theory earlier, but I have now heard a couple of interviews from the likes of Gambhir etc who say that the pressure is enormous when the pay cheque is substantial.

We are no one to judge how much sportspersons should earn, but I feel once the IPL matures into the second decade, we will see plenty of performance based contracts. What I mean is, you are entitled to the pay promised at the auction based on performance.

The more everyday passes, the more I realise that if every human has 5% of the leadership qualities that make MS Dhoni, this world would be a different place.

Lesson is - when MS Dhoni is not captaining the side, NEVER BAT FIRST if you win the toss. You are already way out of your comfort zone without MSD. And on top of that, you choose to do something that a lot of teams never go near. It's because of MSD that we are sitting pretty with 7 wins in the league. To me, these defeats are actually good for CSK.

And I think CSK should maybe think of grooming a better VC for the future post-MSD world of CSK. I dont think Raina is that option.

Mumbai's batting line ups and their "celebrity" management team is full of complete dimwits. There is no cricketing logic in sending Pollard after Krunal apart from form and specially not after the knock Pollard played a few games ago. Brainfade!

And, there is a definite weakness in Rohit Sharma against leg spin.

Just like Pollard didn't face a ball, Amit Mishra didn't bowl his quota? Some seriously bizarre stuff happens in the IPL. It almost feels like captains follow a script they've been fed and not actually make calls on the go. Stupid!

So RCB have got in Dale Steyn right away since the day he is available. Shows how desperate they are to get in a quality bowler into their setup.

And AB de Villiers is not feeling well. Wow !!! So much bad luck this franchise is surrounded with :facepalm

Kuldeep Yadav was absolutely miserable today - Sloppy fielding, went for plenty in his 4 overs.

On another note wonderful hundred from king Kohli and Moeen Ali is looking in ominous touch good signs for England in the World cup.

Sunil Gavaskar is an absolute muppet, great player whatever but an idiot. "Virat Kohli, this best batsman in the world in all 3 formats." What is he talking about, ODI I can agree, but best in test cricket and t20 cricket, not even close. Steve Smith is miles ahead of him in test cricket, t20 cricket is another story, Kohli isn't even one of the top 5 best t20 batsman going around the world.

Users who are viewing this thread