Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Do not understand what is so special about Archer. He looks so mediocre at his best.

Do not understand what is so special about Archer. He looks so mediocre at his best.

Really? The few games I've seen him in, he has looked incredibly difficult to score off. Especially that game against CSK where he made life so hard for CSK and Dhoni. He has good pace and more importantly, he bowls with a lot of control.

Yesterday was clearly Ashwin's day, he came in and hit those 2 sixes in last 2 balls of the innings, he didn't let RR batsmen settle for long as he constantly kept going for the wickets by making some good bowling changes and the field placements were just amazing. In the 6th over Rahul Tripathi tried a lofted push straight down the ground which 9 out of 10 times would've gone for 4 but Ashwin had KL Rahul right in there near the sight screen who saved 2 runs for his side, I felt it was a bit of MSD in his Captaincy while setting that kind of a field. And the best thing about R Ashwin was his own bowling. Bowled with a wet ball and still got the ball to turn and took 2/24 in his 4 overs which was really impressive. I think his Captaincy has been the best among all Captains this season except for Dhoni who is exceptional as always !!![DOUBLEPOST=1555478547][/DOUBLEPOST]I think that boundary on the last ball of the match can hurt Punjab's chances in the top 4 because this Season has been so close among different teams so just points won't get you there, the NRR will also matter over here

Really? The few games I've seen him in, he has looked incredibly difficult to score off. Especially that game against CSK where he made life so hard for CSK and Dhoni. He has good pace and more importantly, he bowls with a lot of control.

The thing which doesn't please me is his attitude. Whenever a catch gets dropped on his bowling he reacts as if he never drops any catches. And the way he reacts after taking a wicket doesn't seem well either. But he is still very young and will learn with time. Ability wise he is a decent bowler but not a great one

Bumrah, Rabada and Archer. 3 best death bowlers in the world at the moment for mine.

I feel like Bumrah hasn't been as good at the death as he used to be a couple of years earlier. Maybe because everyone has figured out his bowling over the years. But he is too good a bowler to go away with that flow. In recent times he is again seemed to be improving and come up with something new everytime he comes on to bowl. Looks like a really intimidating bowler at times but sometimes average. And talking about Rabada he hasn't been that good in the middle overs these days but is still a very very good bowler. In World Cricket if you look amongst all 3 formats to me Pat Cummins seems to be the best bowler. I feel like Bumrah, Rabada and Pat Cummins can form a deadly-combo if put together in one team

They still haven't got their middle order problem from last season, sorted. Vijay Shankar started off well, but he seems hitting the "cold" spot. Warner and Bairstow have been among big runs this season, but Williamson's unavailability and the middle order issues have caused problems for SRH. And also, I think teams are starting to play Rashid Khan better and we saw it towards the fag end of last season itself and it has continued. And Bhuvi hasn't been the same force he once was. He looks a different guy post his recent injury. Nowadays batsmen feel like they can target Bhuvi successfully at the end.
Don't think bowling is the primary reason for SRH's demise. Yes, death bowling has been very poor in most parts but SRH have been fairly tidy in the PP and middle overs, showing that they still hold that threat of choking oppositions' batting orders. Bhuvi is out of form, but Sandeep, Kaul and Khaleel have done a decent job, especially Sandeep. Bhuvi coming back to form for SRH would be a bonus. Rashid hasn't got the wickets for it, but he's bowled well in patches towards the death overs, with no wickettaker like Bhuvi to capitalise on the pressure that Rashid has put on the batsmen considering they are intent on blocking him out.

Batting, no doubt has been extremely disappointing as the season has gone on. Teams finally found a way to keep Warner quiet, from scoring at a high strike rate like he used to. For the life of me I don't understand why Manish Pandey cannot score runs in the orange jersey. He has been so much more successful for teams like KKR and RCB. Shankar is beginning to throw his wicket away more, and I feel Hooda and Pathan haven't got enough game time out in the middle to score big.

I feel like making the task of making the top four will be difficult for SRH considering both Bairstow and Warner are leaving by the end of this month. The reliance will be placed on our fragile middle order.

Isn't Hyderabad a batting pitch? Are they playing on a difficult pitch today? Or is CSK really batting so bad (or Hyderabad bowling brilliantly)?

Isn't Hyderabad a batting pitch? Are they playing on a difficult pitch today? Or is CSK really batting so bad (or Hyderabad bowling brilliantly)?
From what i've seen the Hyderabad pitch looks good to bat on first, but starts slowing down as the game progresses. It will be difficult for SRH to chase even 140 considering how this pitch is gradually changing. One of the reasons why SRH lost their last game against Delhi was that the pitch got really slow which made the target really difficult to chase down towards the end.

That was one painful partnership by Jaddu and Rayudu.

Are you following tge IPL or Just the CSK matches? The pitches in Hyderabad in the last few games have no means a batting one scores of 140 odd proved to be extremely difficult to chase and the one which is being played today is similar to it.CSK should fancy their chances the wicket which is slower and as the match progresses will even get slower.

Users who are viewing this thread