Indian Premier League - General Discussion

KKR and Royals will be an important game. You lose that, you are out of the tournament for both the teams as reaching 16 wont happen. MI, RCB both with 10 games look to solidify the 4th position.

How did KKR and Rajasthan end up on the same no of pts after the same no of matches? Unbelievable from RR to get down there!! They looked a title winning side and this drop in quality is inexplicable.

MI v RCB tomorrow will be a humdinger. I am expecting MI to come out all guns blazing! It will be a home game and they are well within the reach of the playoff spot and its at this end of the tournament where Mumbai is at its dangerous best. They have the tools (SKY, David, Tilak) to reprise their best. And since they are playing at home, expecting a pitch that gives their middle order the perfect setting to go BOOM BOOM!

How did KKR and Rajasthan end up on the same no of pts after the same no of matches? Unbelievable from RR to get down there!! They looked a title winning side and this drop in quality is inexplicable.

MI v RCB tomorrow will be a humdinger. I am expecting MI to come out all guns blazing! It will be a home game and they are well within the reach of the playoff spot and its at this end of the tournament where Mumbai is at its dangerous best. They have the tools (SKY, David, Tilak) to reprise their best. And since they are playing at home, expecting a pitch that gives their middle order the perfect setting to go BOOM BOOM!
Green

Some terrible captaincy and management call in past 3 games. The SRH game they should've won. Right now RR and LSG looks like losing their plot. GT, CSK, RCB and MI looks like the final 4 with CSK making it 5, touching MI's IPL record. RCB might play final but no trophy for them..I'm certain

Given the PBKS owner's struggles, it might very well be the last season that we see PBKS. Horrendoues franchisee who havent gotten a single decision right in the last 13 years. They reached the semis in the 1st edition and then miraculously found themselves in the final, the year Sehwag played for them. However, captaincy-coach musical chairs + requests to shift the base city have all impacted their brand and standing. Don't really expect them to come up post this.

Kohli's dismissal tells you everything you need to know about umpiring standards and the bloke Kohli is. Just horrible. I don't have any idea why he waited once it was reviewed.

Sam Curran is off the boil in the last 4-5 games. In a franchise like CSK, he would be retained. Knowing PBKS, they will probably axe him. CSK would be well served to have a look.
CSK already have Ben Stokes. Not sure if they would be able to drop Pathirana for Curran.

If Punjab do drop Curran, it would most likely be to free off their purse as one shouldn't forget they are paying 17.5Cr for him and can probably get a two good pacers at that price in the megauction and maybe a local talent like Brar is given more opportunities to show his skill with the bat - something that RCB is doing with Lomror this season at the expense of Shabaz who I thought could have groomed into a useful all-rounder such as Mohammad Nawaz given how brilliant he was with the bat last season.

This will be unpopular opinion, but RCB need to let go off Kohli & Harshal. They desperately need some local batters and a gun allrounder. Might not be a dim idea to let Hasarnga go and buy him back for cheaper.

There is a pattern to MI's building of their squad over the years.

They will buy a lot of uncapped scouted Indian players and surround themselves with big marquee player in the auctions.

Back in 2014 they bought in a lot of young players in that season alongside Corey Anderson finished in the playoffs after failing to win any game in first 5 matches.

Next season they bought a certain Hardik Pandya, Nitish Rana etc. and fill the remaining gaps with the likes of Lindl Simmons who was handy for them.

Similar thing happened in 2018, bought the likes SKY,Ishan in the auctions failed to qualify for playoffs that season went onto fill the gaps next season by adding De Kock and Boult in the squad.

And once again in the last 2 years, the squad is filled with lot of young players and good experience international players.

Just need some good pacers too strengthen the bowling.

As expected, Mumbai win the game and that too comprehensively! Boosts their NRR and they have put themselves about RCB and PBKS in terms of NRR.

MI need this kind of a true batting beauty, for their batsmen to make an impact. A sluggish pitch or 150-160 pitch tests their batsmen and they don't have the bowlers to take full advantage of such pitches. Hope other teams are taking good notes :D I definitely see MI in the playoffs from here. Two more home games on a pitch that's conducive to their explosive batting and they need 2 wins to seal playoffs.

RCB - I think they are not going to make the playoffs this time. They face Rajasthan and Hyderabad in away games and I can definitely see Rajasthan putting it beyond RCB in that Jaipur game. Also RCB's last game at home is against Gujarat Titans. RCB will have to hope they are alive by then and also hope that GT would've sealed the Top 2 position before that game so that GT can play it easy.

CSK already have Ben Stokes. Not sure if they would be able to drop Pathirana for Curran.

If Punjab do drop Curran, it would most likely be to free off their purse as one shouldn't forget they are paying 17.5Cr for him and can probably get a two good pacers at that price in the megauction and maybe a local talent like Brar is given more opportunities to show his skill with the bat - something that RCB is doing with Lomror this season at the expense of Shabaz who I thought could have groomed into a useful all-rounder such as Mohammad Nawaz given how brilliant he was with the bat last season.

CSK are finding no use for Ben Stokes and are keeping him out of the XI despite him being available for selection. He is turning out to be "Andrew Flintoff 2.0" for CSK. With CSK having Ajinkya Rahane to do stop gap captaincy, Ruturaj as a long term option and others like Moeen and Conway as backups for captaincy, CSK wont need Stokes' leadership. I wont be surprised if CSK release Stokes and try to get Curran back, coz Curran can bowl death-PP.

No chance in hell that they will release Pathirana. We've found a real express fast death bowler with a slingy action.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread