Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Rohit Sharma should now just retire. Has struggled for far too long now and that to across formats. 76 innings 3028 runs with an average of 36.48 in 4 years is struggling for far too long.

CSK v Delhi

In a season of diminished home advantage, CSK still are the only team to have won more than they've lost at home (Won: 3, Lost: 2

Good luck both teams

Rohit is extremely stressed. You can literally see it in his on field reactions. Even though MI has a very potent batting lineup that can gun down any score on a good batting track, Rohit was showing frustration when RCB was scoring runs towards end in their innings.

He definitely looks like he wants a break. But hard to get one with the ODI WC coming up. Hope for the international team fans sake that he gets into a better state of mind soon. Kohli went through this stage and got out of it. Rohit will too.

CSK v Delhi

In a season of diminished home advantage, CSK still are the only team to have won more than they've lost at home (Won: 3, Lost: 2

Good luck both teams

Gurukirat, is that you?

Rohit is extremely stressed. You can literally see it in his on field reactions. Even though MI has a very potent batting lineup that can gun down any score on a good batting track, Rohit was showing frustration when RCB was scoring runs towards end in their innings.

He definitely looks like he wants a break. But hard to get one with the ODI WC coming up. Hope for the international team fans sake that he gets into a better state of mind soon. Kohli went through this stage and got out of it. Rohit will too.

I honestly do not see him as an 'asset' in the T20 format anymore. He takes 15% of the purse. I don't remember his last 'impact' innings for MI. He is not an asset in the field. I definitely do not see him playing another T20 WC. Can you imagine the team MI would have had they retained Hardik for him?

Rohit Sharma should now just retire. Has struggled for far too long now and that to across formats. 76 innings 3028 runs with an average of 36.48 in 4 years is struggling for far too long.
Honestly,he seems disinterested in the franchise cricket arena. Looking at his body language, get the feeling the WTC would be his last Test.

Also, he isn't in good knick. In a way, good, as this means he may eventually get amongst the run circa the World Cup.

The moment Rahane got included in the WTC squad, he probably was like, "My job's done here fellas".

CSK have good bowling... They can defend 168, but for DC it is a good opportunity to clinch 2 points...

As expected, Mumbai win the game and that too comprehensively! Boosts their NRR and they have put themselves about RCB and PBKS in terms of NRR.

MI need this kind of a true batting beauty, for their batsmen to make an impact. A sluggish pitch or 150-160 pitch tests their batsmen and they don't have the bowlers to take full advantage of such pitches. Hope other teams are taking good notes :D I definitely see MI in the playoffs from here. Two more home games on a pitch that's conducive to their explosive batting and they need 2 wins to seal playoffs.

RCB - I think they are not going to make the playoffs this time. They face Rajasthan and Hyderabad in away games and I can definitely see Rajasthan putting it beyond RCB in that Jaipur game. Also RCB's last game at home is against Gujarat Titans. RCB will have to hope they are alive by then and also hope that GT would've sealed the Top 2 position before that game so that GT can play it easy.

CSK are finding no use for Ben Stokes and are keeping him out of the XI despite him being available for selection. He is turning out to be "Andrew Flintoff 2.0" for CSK. With CSK having Ajinkya Rahane to do stop gap captaincy, Ruturaj as a long term option and others like Moeen and Conway as backups for captaincy, CSK wont need Stokes' leadership. I wont be surprised if CSK release Stokes and try to get Curran back, coz Curran can bowl death-PP.

No chance in hell that they will release Pathirana. We've found a real express fast death bowler with a slingy action.
Fair thought but I would argue they can play Conway, Moeen, Stokes and Pathirana.

Ajinkya is coming good this season but this is unsual revelation of him as a T20 cricketer. Also, why look for a stop-gap skipper when you have a world cup winner?

As for the death bowling , Hangargekar can be groomed into one. I thought he bowled really well with whatever little I managed to watch of him. Is he injured too or Dhoni decided to exclude him just like he did with Irfan Pathan who was otherwise brilliant in domestic T20s around the years Dhoni decided to bench him for a couple of season eventually effecting an early retirement for him.

IIRC, I read somewhere that Dhoni told a bowler to play under a different captain. Not sure if it was Hangargekar.

Anyway, IMO, Pathirana and Hangargekar can be good bowling partners.

Users who are viewing this thread