Indian Premier League - General Discussion

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
PlanetCricket Award Winner
How is it that where all other batsmen find it too hard to sustain, Kane Williamson just bats like any other day.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Chepauk deck has been such a decline by T20 standards. First 30-40 overs of boring games, and now an even more boring super over.

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Warner :(

I am in real pain right now. SRH doesn't deserve Williamson.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I still don't get over why they did not open with Bairstow in the super over. Bloke has been killing the ball for fun.
Probably thought KW would have more rhythm, as he was at the crease at the end.

B

Bigby Wolf

Instead of Bairstow local boy Sucith would have been a better choice IMO.

On a extremely poor wearing pitch only he got going from the first ball.

Unlike Bairstow & Shaw who were openers who got to play the new ball and on a rolled surface. Sucith did extremely well to get SRH back in the position of levelling the game by hitting Rabada for a six in the last over and Avesh for couple of fours in the penultimate over.

And Boy! Axar was nailing those yorkers not sure how Johnny Bairstow or any another batsmen would have made a difference.

And Yeah DC also took 6 balls to score those runs goes to show bloody difficult it was to score on that wicket after 40 overs.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hope his family is doing good. What are these so called big players doing for their country right now? I wish more influential players come out and support the ongoing crisis. Again they could be doing behind the scenes stuff but now is the time to show their influence and actually influence the people by doing something.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Hope his family is doing good. What are these so called big players doing for their country right now? I wish more influential players come out and support the ongoing crisis. Again they could be doing behind the scenes stuff but now is the time to show their influence and actually influence the people by doing something.

Lets not bring out the patriotism here on this thing. Maybe the players are doing their thing behind closed doors and maybe they want to keep it private. There are some who are being vocal about it (Ashwin, Harbhajan, etc.) and doing the best they can. We cant judge them without knowing much and even if we do, they come under the BCCI and.... Its upto the BCCI to open itself more to some heavy "anti COVID" social responsibility campaign. They did show signs today (in RCB vs CSK match) by broadcasting this message at the toss. Maybe they will do more in coming days.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
We are going for a superrrrr overrrrr!

Funny fact - the first cousin of Kalanidhi Maran (owner of Sunrisers Hyderabad) and someone who is the grandson of M Karunanidhi (former Tamil Nadu CM) put out a tweet about 1 hour before the match ended in a tie. And his tweet read "TIE?" :lol

Imagine what the social media comments under his tweet, were talking about :D

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
Probably thought KW would have more rhythm, as he was at the crease at the end.
I actually realize now that it was a rather tough call and not a straightforward one. You had to pick KW since he was in great flow last night. Also only because a SLA was going to bowl, they must have decided to go for a left handed batsman in Dave, and that's why he took the strike first ball. It just didn't turn out well for SRH. Additionally, Axar Patel was right on the money.

Nevertheless, I feel bad for Kaviya Maran. :p

Users who are viewing this thread