Indian Premier League - General Discussion

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Jadeja's batting is not where it was pre injury. And if you're not going to make Rahane bat in this form, I don't think you're serious about winning a cricket match. Dube might be doing well but his peaks of this year are not a patch on Jinks.

Jadeja's bowling has seen a major revival in this season, but his batting has gotten below average. He bats now like a classical ODI batsman who struggles to get the big hits going. Even in the last game vs RR, he didn't make a serious attempt to limit the NRR damage. Added to it, Dhoni's injury woes is forcing CSK to send Jadeja ahead (even a fully fit Dhoni doesnt back himself in his last days, to come ahead of Jaddu). And what Jadeja does is, he ensures that another left arm spinner in the XI is a luxury and indirectly forces Dhoni to not play Santner.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Jadeja's bowling has seen a major revival in this season, but his batting has gotten below average. He bats now like a classical ODI batsman who struggles to get the big hits going. Even in the last game vs RR, he didn't make a serious attempt to limit the NRR damage. Added to it, Dhoni's injury woes is forcing CSK to send Jadeja ahead (even a fully fit Dhoni doesnt back himself in his last days, to come ahead of Jaddu). And what Jadeja does is, he ensures that another left arm spinner in the XI is a luxury and indirectly forces Dhoni to not play Santner.

The thing is, there is an over obsession with batting in our country. The sort of side CSK has, I just don't see the point of playing Rayudu. Their bowling lacks teeth and they need one more option there. I repeat, it's criminal to not have Rahane bat.

On a side note, these bowling machine games are snooze fests. I think for the first time, I'm not watching many games. CSK?RCB games mostly. Games going on for 5 hours, impact player making players with dual roles seemingly not so important. Just no fun left.

Neptune

Panel of Selectors
Avengers
Do you all know the lore behind this "1000th IPL Match" btw?

So originally they had planned it so that MI vs CSK would be the 1000th match. But then they realised they messed up and it was actually the 999th game and the real 1000th game would be RCB vs DC in Delhi too, not exactly ideal.

So they randomly counted the 8 abandoned games so that this game would be the 1000th. Atleast it would have MI and a strong RR team at the Wankhede. And to be fair it worked out well, amazing game

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Do you all know the lore behind this "1000th IPL Match" btw?

So originally they had planned it so that MI vs CSK would be the 1000th match. But then they realised they messed up and it was actually the 999th game and the real 1000th game would be RCB vs DC in Delhi too, not exactly ideal.

So they randomly counted the 8 abandoned games so that this game would be the 1000th. Atleast it would have MI and a strong RR team at the Wankhede. And to be fair it worked out well, amazing game

Well... I thought Star Sports is still planning to celebrate MI v CSK on May 6th, as the 1000th game? Are they going to backtrack now? I did read about the conflict in "not counting abandoned games vs counting them" and found it silly that they would not count abandoned games. Teams share points on abandoned games and so it should be counted as one. Which means, today's game (MI v RR) was indeed the 1000th one.

On another note - frankly its a silly and unnecessary milestone to be boasting about.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
KLR walks off the field due to an injury. Hopefully, it's a good omen for India +LSG. LSG might score quicker and win more games now.

As for the national team, definitely puts an end to the WTC keeper debate.

Bevab

Staff Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
KLR walks off the field due to an injury. Hopefully, it's a good omen for India +LSG. LSG might score quicker and win more games now.

As for the national team, definitely puts an end to the WTC keeper debate.

I don’t like the bloke as a player but this seems unnecessarily cruel. He was a crucial part of the series draw in England last time around.

Unadkat may be gone as well. At this rate Australia may be hearing boss music because it’ll be India C that turns up.

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don’t like the bloke as a player but this seems unnecessarily cruel. He was a crucial part of the series draw in England last time around.

Unadkat may be gone as well. At this rate Australia may be hearing boss music because it’ll be India C that turns up.
Remember the last time an India C faced Australia? :P

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Well... I thought Star Sports is still planning to celebrate MI v CSK on May 6th, as the 1000th game? Are they going to backtrack now? I did read about the conflict in "not counting abandoned games vs counting them" and found it silly that they would not count abandoned games. Teams share points on abandoned games and so it should be counted as one. Which means, today's game (MI v RR) was indeed the 1000th one.

On another note - frankly its a silly and unnecessary milestone to be boasting about.

The BCCI is a pathetic joke. What happened with the Oz test match in Dharamshala being shifted still numbs my brains. The WC fixtures are still not out and fans who will be travelling from abroad cannot plan their itineraries. High-headedness to another level. I guess, the ruling party of our country knows that whether it's cricket, covid or any other subject- they can do as they please and the public will fall in line or be made to tow the propaganda spewed by bought out and controlled media.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
RCB doing RCB things. Great opportunity to close the NRR and they're doing their best to make this close against 9 and 10.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
This is the second win by RCB which they should have won by 20 runs more than they did. Let's see how much it comes back to bite them. Good to see Gambhir get owned.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Kohli struck yet another chord with the opposition mentor. Expect some 'unfollows' on IG/Twitter in the days to come :grinning:

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Finishing an unsuccessful chase with a strike rate of 0 :grat: scratch that one off the bucket list

Users who are viewing this thread