Indian Premier League - General Discussion

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Kavya Maran prophecy is fulfilled!

Patrick Cummins takes over at SRH. Really wish for a 'Drive to Survive' sorta documentary on the IPL- would love to see the back end decision making at SRH

SRH making the same bad decisions over and over again. Bring back Pune Warriors India.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I thought Markram did a wonderful job with the limited resources he had. People also tend to forget that Aiden Markram was in charge for a few games during the CWC23 and did admirably well.

Making Cummins captain is like putting Ricky Ponting in charge of a team and expecting him to win it. 2 IPL franchisees tried that in the past and weren't too thrilled with it.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
I thought Markram did a wonderful job with the limited resources he had. People also tend to forget that Aiden Markram was in charge for a few games during the CWC23 and did admirably well.

Making Cummins captain is like putting Ricky Ponting in charge of a team and expecting him to win it. 2 IPL franchisees tried that in the past and weren't too thrilled with it.
I think a more realistic goal would be to get the team in qualifiers

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin

The worst aspect, and I generally think it's a problem whenever teams do it, is making an overseas player captain. Particularly when Cummins is not exactly a star T20 bowler. His batting certainly elevates him in the format, but it seems to be a symptom of not having a senior Indian player to captain (or aren't confident in those that fall into that category).
It essentially leaves them with picking three from:

Head
Klaasen
Phillips
Markram
Hasaranga
Farooqi
Jansen

You'd think they'd have learned from the past but clearly not.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
The worst aspect, and I generally think it's a problem whenever teams do it, is making an overseas player captain. Particularly when Cummins is not exactly a star T20 bowler. His batting certainly elevates him in the format, but it seems to be a symptom of not having a senior Indian player to captain (or aren't confident in those that fall into that category).
It essentially leaves them with picking three from:

Head
Klaasen
Phillips
Markram
Hasaranga
Farooqi
Jansen

You'd think they'd have learned from the past but clearly not.
Hyderabad and Indian captain - a match made in .... Never

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ok, officially my trip to Chennai even though its 1 day long was worth it. I stayed at Taj Coromondel and MS tweaking DHONI is staying in the VIP Suite :D next to my room. Like literally next door and I have a connector door that is locked :p He made it to Chennai for practice and I was able to see him just based on luck. I have seen him play for CSK in Mumbai, I have seen him play for India in Mumbai, but this feels different. They were shooting a documentary kind of types as well this morning before he left for practice looks like!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Ok, officially my trip to Chennai even though its 1 day long was worth it. I stayed at Taj Coromondel and MS tweaking DHONI is staying in the VIP Suite :D next to my room. Like literally next door and I have a connector door that is locked :p He made it to Chennai for practice and I was able to see him just based on luck. I have seen him play for CSK in Mumbai, I have seen him play for India in Mumbai, but this feels different. They were shooting a documentary kind of types as well this morning before he left for practice looks like!

Oh nice!!! Yea he landed in Chennai yesterday and already the "mass elevation, connecting him to Vijay and Rajinikanth songs/dialogues from last year films" has truly kickstarted!

I am eagerly waiting for tickets to open for the season opener on March 22nd (CSK v RCB). Will be in Chennai this Saturday. I just hope the ticket fiasco of last year does not exist, or is significantly better. Any Chennai based folks here, who have tips on the best way to acquire tickets for IPL game in Chepauk? I have heard of BookMyShow and keep looking in it daily, but any other options?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
A message from the Cricket365 Discord server. Let me know if you're interested in this, will send you the server link

Hi guys, IPL is beginning on 22nd and what's more fun than playing an auction right before it? We are having an IPL fantasy auction where the winners will be decided based on fantasy points scored by players throughout the tournament! The basic rules are as follows:

Total 8-10 teams of upto 3 people
squad size: 16-20 with maximum 7 Overseas, min 4 bowlers and 1 wk
A purse of upto 100cr
We will use fantasy points to decide winners as we believe it is more accurate to decide winners based on irl performance instead of popularity. Auction will be next weekend, that is- 16th and 17th March. Anyone interested, hit me up!

P.S.: We will have the auction a discord server. All cricket enthusiasts are also more than welcome. We have a fairly active server with discussions based on cricket played around the world. We also have auctions frequently so hope to cya around!

Aravind.

ICC Board Member
India
Mumbai Indians
Oh nice!!! Yea he landed in Chennai yesterday and already the "mass elevation, connecting him to Vijay and Rajinikanth songs/dialogues from last year films" has truly kickstarted!

I am eagerly waiting for tickets to open for the season opener on March 22nd (CSK v RCB). Will be in Chennai this Saturday. I just hope the ticket fiasco of last year does not exist, or is significantly better. Any Chennai based folks here, who have tips on the best way to acquire tickets for IPL game in Chepauk? I have heard of BookMyShow and keep looking in it daily, but any other options?
It seems they will sell only 16k tickets to fans through only online :facepalm off nearly 40k capacity stadium, it's totally based on luck on getting it, if you're desperate to see the first match, go near to the stadium, you can bargain and get the tickets through various agents selling at black. Last year was able to get one match ticket online and one through a friend which is 5k higher than actual rate.

Users who are viewing this thread