Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

This genuinely has to be one of the worst chokes in an IPL match ever. Sure in 2021 SRH repeated this a couple of times but I feel this remains the worst of them all.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
That’s the least I’d ask of him when he’s faced 72 deliveries. There were numerous times when he was slow in that innings.

In the coming years I think it’ll be held up as one of those innings that was rightly wrong like some of the ODI centuries from 2010s that were scored at a strike rate of 90-100.
Still, I feel its a little harsh. The guy can have an off day. He is human after all and even came out with the best strike rate in the innings. Besides, with the players like Maxwell, Green and DK in the ranks, one can afford to play a tad slow (at 150+ SR though). Other batsmen playing slower didn't help the cause. What were the renowned big hitters doing? In my opinion, they should have sent Green earlier followed by DK instead of a newbie on a pitch that had everyone struggle to score freely.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
CSK knew the conditions well there- it was a banana peel, that pitch. Any other team would have slipped up in the chase there. Good, measured approach from Ruturaj as always.

My thoughts upon looking at the table- seems to be an open IPL- lots of chances being created everywhere- barring RCB. Would be interesting to see who holds their nerves throughout.
What have you done to Icyman? Where is the real Icyman?

Just kidding, this is absolutely true. I would also add MI to RCB list. RCB's problem is always being a one or two men team. They never played well as a team collectively. For MI, the off field drama has been seeping through and I just done think this season will be forgiving of them.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Still, I feel its a little harsh. The guy can have an off day. He is human after all and even came out with the best strike rate in the innings. Besides, with the players like Maxwell, Green and DK in the ranks, one can afford to play a tad slow (at 150+ SR though). Other batsmen playing slower didn't help the cause. What were the renowned big hitters doing? In my opinion, they should have sent Green earlier followed by DK instead of a newbie on a pitch that had everyone struggle to score freely.

I’m fine with Kohli having an off day or even multiple ones (personally think he gave an above average performance), it just feels disingenuous when his own performance escapes scrutiny due to his reputation.

The big hitters barely faced any deliveries to set themselves in. It also feels disingenuous to criticise them when they had no opportunity to play themselves of any sort, they were expected to come in and whack the ball from the first one. RCB’s entire strategy seems off in this IPL as a whole.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Riyan has to be on the flight to USA. Encourage performance based selection. He would be a solid replacement for SKY who is just coming off injury.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I would also pick Riyan Parag for the T20 WC, coz he also has an added bonus of being a useful part time bowler. If the wickets in USA/WI spin (which could be possible), he can chip in very useful overs.

His batting has been superlative and the boy looks extremely motivated (he even got emotional in one of the earlier games when he was interviewed post an excellent innings from him).

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I dont mind if the teams are selected on the basis of who performs rather than who will get them mega bucks. India has had similar batting line ups in the last 2 editions and haven't performed up to the expectations. The current edition of the IPL has thrown up some interesting names into the mix and I would rather they take a chance by taking these blokes to the USA rather than tried and tested fellows.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
Does Dinesh Karthik really want to quit IPL after this season? I mean if MSD can play till 42, DK can easily play another mega auction cycle of 3 more years (he is just 38).

Hope DK can take back his retirement announcement and put himself up in the mega auction. His dream of a 'CSK selection' could still happen.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
His dream of a 'CSK selection' could still happen.
Given his recent interview with Ashwin on the latter's YT channel where he made a mention of this, I'm sure CSK would be aware of it, and who knows they might go for him if he makes himself available.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Does Dinesh Karthik really want to quit IPL after this season? I mean if MSD can play till 42, DK can easily play another mega auction cycle of 3 more years (he is just 38).

Hope DK can take back his retirement announcement and put himself up in the mega auction. His dream of a 'CSK selection' could still happen.

Look at it this way- DK will probably not be considered for the Indian team even if he performs magnificently in the coming games. DK's stint with SKY has brought to the fore a pretty good alternative career for him. his improved relations with the ECB, with him taking on the mantle of a mentor for the England Lions too might have prompted this move. I think it is a pretty decent pay check for the fellow and if he can make a career out of commentary+ coaching, makes sense.

The CSK selection- it may not prove fruitful unless and until MSD steps down from the game next season. Otherwise, he will simply spend the season on the sidelines by not playing in the games.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Look at it this way- DK will probably not be considered for the Indian team even if he performs magnificently in the coming games. DK's stint with SKY has brought to the fore a pretty good alternative career for him. his improved relations with the ECB, with him taking on the mantle of a mentor for the England Lions too might have prompted this move. I think it is a pretty decent pay check for the fellow and if he can make a career out of commentary+ coaching, makes sense.

The CSK selection- it may not prove fruitful unless and until MSD steps down from the game next season. Otherwise, he will simply spend the season on the sidelines by not playing in the games.
how about Impact Sub for Dhoni lol. He bats and Dhoni keeps.

Bevab

Staff Member

I guess not many are as enamoured with the idea of playing on for so long like Dhoni or Jimmy.

Users who are viewing this thread