IPL Indian Premier League - General Discussion

The Indian Premier League...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL i was just trying to seek that how much people are attached to this thread to answer. the thread was dead.

So basically trolling. Very clever :rolleyes:

Yeah, don't get my wrong, I love the big bash.

Same I love the Big Bash and the English 20/20 comp but hate the IPL and Stanford Series. For me the Aussie and Domestic comps will always be better as they are relatively low scale affairs with not much money being thrown around and are generally there for a bit of a laugh.

The IPL is all money and commercilisation and it has no soul to it. It is just a big money grabbing competition which players are obviosuly going to want to play in for the ridculous amount of cash. It is not the same though as a bunch of youngsters playing their heart out for Kent on 20/20 finals day or something like that. The IPL will never be able to get that spark of passion and pride players feel for their team.

Highlander999 added 5 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

The IPL is Indian and played in India, so you can expect Broad to get plenty of light-hearted stick from the local fans and media. It's all in good fun. :)

Just how everyone up here laughs at the English :)

Agreed with Tom here. If you want to see some proper Twenty20 passionate cricket watch last years T20 Cup final between Middlesex and Kent. Everything about that was entertaining, from the Key-Denly partnership to Tyron Henderson's last over to the dancing kid. As for Big Bash, I've never seen it but have heard good things about it.

Some proper passion? Perhaps it's not as high as the English counties, but there was some passion in the IPL all right, did you guys see the final?

No passion in the IPL?! Did you not see Warne's reaction when they won?

Just because there is money being thrown around does not mean that there isn't high quality cricket, passion, and all that jazz.

I hate how people say that T20 Cricket/the IPL is just entertainment and not real cricket. Is cricket meant to be boring? Isn't the point of sport to entertain?

So, what's the moral of the entire hyper-headed story? If you love or hate the IPL, it'll go on forever. Period.

Well in English and Australian cricket max 3 overseas player in squads and in IPL 10. So there comes unity. IPL has a lot of money in the game but also produces some great cricket and some really great new young cricketers. Watson came back because of the IPL and Marsh became know because of IPL. But for Indian cricket it has helped a lot. Many new people like Yusuf Pathan, Abhishek Nayar, Asnodkar, Jadeja, Dinda, Dhaval and Ojha to name a few came becasue of the IPL.

IPL is a great experience for the younger cricketers to share with highly experience once. Imagine young Ishant Sharma sharing the same dressing room with McCullum and Ponting. That has really helped him and has shown in his bowling last season. Same goes with the young Mumbai players.

Well I agree IPL is full of entertainment but T20 cricket is all abt entertainment. And passion the finals of the the first IPL Tanvir scoring the winning runs or the young Jaydev Shah scoring the winnings runs for RR against MI. Well all cricketers give their best when tehy go on the field.

Not quite, Shah didn't play a single game. If I remember correctly, it was Tanvir himself.

Here is the list of players of the second IPL action.

112 players in second IPL auction
Cricinfo staff
January 29, 2009

Cricinfo - 112 players in second IPL auction

'It is likely that only about 16 players - or two per franchise - will be chosen out of the 112.'

I am curious to know which 16 players that will be. I myself would say that Michael Clarke, Stuart Clark, Shaun Tait, Kevin Pietersen, Andrew Flintoff, Shakib Al Hasan, JP Duminy, Johan Botha and Nuwan Kulasekara will be among the 16 players to be chosen.

Why will anyone wanna filll its team when only 4 internationals can play. RCB are exceotion though.

They would be definitely glad that it isn't the chase, then!

These players are only paid for the period for which they are available, like the England players. When a team has an English team has an English player he can play him and when he leaves the team can bring in another fresh international player in the team. Some teams did that in the previous tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread