Indian Premier League - General Discussion

If Kohli is to blame for the youngsters behavior of this generation, then who are we going to blame for Kholi's generation? That generation and the one before it had a lot of gali galoch and uber aggressive players ... Gambhir, nehra, yuvi, bhaji, munaf and the list goes on

So we blame ganguly for this?

These basic human instincts cannot be developed by emulating someone or something. It depends on how you are brought up and what company you keep. Mavi is from Noida, which is pretty much Delhi. I think that plays a much much bigger factor than Kohli or Ganguly

This debate is endless. I also really loathe the way Kohli behaves sometimes. In the recently concluded series in SA, he was using expletives for the likes of Amla and Faf. I think those blokes are about as mild mannered as things get with cricketers of the modern era.. It's just that I can't blame Kohli if someone like Prithvi Shaw is mouthing off someone at the U19 WC. It just doesn't feel right. I'm just sighting an example out btw.

Just to elaborate, I've been watching cricket for well over 25 years now (yes, I'm old) and this sort of abuse has only increased. I've seen a pathetic lust among young Indian cricketers to be bullies on cricket fields.. a bit like Australia and Bangladesh now are taking it to an all new level. The time has come to truly empower the on field umpires and hand out yellow and red cards. Let's have an umpire's call that is actually of some worth in this game!

Mumbai have got both the toss and their team changes right, till now! Pollard and Mustafizur dropped for Duminy and Cutting! I know CSK have mostly gotten over the line when I have criticized them but I will still continue putting my two cents - I dont think its a good decision for them to continue keeping David Willey or Lungi Ngidi out. We need a good overseas seamer to take control of the side and combine well with Deepak Chahar, who has been very good in the season so far. Thakur has blown hot and cold, and is not the ideal guy to partner Chahar at the top.

Yes! The curse on the team is gone, both Polly and Fizz were not up to their mark, JP allows Ro to open but could've gone with Milne over Cutting, pretty much same batsman with some express bowling.

Yes! The curse on the team is gone, both Polly and Fizz were not up to their mark, JP allows Ro to open but could've gone with Milne over Cutting, pretty much same batsman with some express bowling.
Mcclenaghan and Hardik are still there so not all of the curse

Mumbai have got both the toss and their team changes right, till now! Pollard and Mustafizur dropped for Duminy and Cutting! I know CSK have mostly gotten over the line when I have criticized them but I will still continue putting my two cents - I dont think its a good decision for them to continue keeping David Willey or Lungi Ngidi out. We need a good overseas seamer to take control of the side and combine well with Deepak Chahar, who has been very good in the season so far. Thakur has blown hot and cold, and is not the ideal guy to partner Chahar at the top.
Think mark wood is going to play another game? They haven't got anyone with express pace in their line up

Great job from Mumbai to restrict CSK for only 78 runs in the last 10 overs. They will gleefully take a 170 run chase. Raina despite his 75* did not give CSK any momentum at all. Those two wickets of Dhoni and Bravo in the McLenaghan over slowed CSK down big time. I think I am favoring Mumbai here 60-40 to win this game. Disappointed with CSK's batting. Hope their luck factor (that has helped them in this tournament big time) continues to stay with them.

I believe Sam Billings now has had too many failures, that CSK should not continue with him just based on his performance against KKR. He doesn't seem a guy who can come in and bash the bowling around like a Bravo. It should now be time to get Willey in and have him express his big hitting skills.

Think mark wood is going to play another game? They haven't got anyone with express pace in their line up

Yes. Thats disappointing. I have been wanting David Willey to get a game, but it looks like they wasted all that time bringing him in. They might as well waited a year to have Mitchell Santner back.

Yes Now its comeback time.[DOUBLEPOST=1524938898][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ya replaced them and win came. Hope poll or fizz doesnt get any chance now.[DOUBLEPOST=1524938969][/DOUBLEPOST]Now Diehard CSK fan on FB will find excuse(Bravo not bowling final over)

Everyone was backing Mumbai Indians today to win. It was as if they went in as the favorites despite being at the bottom of the table. I guess the tournament organizers will be happy now. :rolleyes Yesterday Delhi, and today Mumbai. Tomorrow Rajasthan and RCB? :rolleyes

Chennai fell 30 runs short at least. After being 90-1 in 10 overs, they could've looked to push towards 200-210. Mumbai pulled it back really well and only gave a bare minimum of runs. I would put them in the race for that fourth spot that KKR and RR are trying to secure. IMO, RCB and DD are going to be out for sure.

Everyone was backing Mumbai Indians today to win. It was as if they went in as the favorites despite being at the bottom of the table. I guess the tournament organizers will be happy now. :rolleyes Yesterday Delhi, and today Mumbai. Tomorrow Rajasthan and RCB? :rolleyes
RR and KKR are pretty much same atm with KKR playing an extra game, SRH got to lose tomorrow now and RCB-KKR needs to go RCB's way to add some spice to the tournament as we head towards the second half of the tournament.

Any particular rules for the transfer wondow? I mean the time period and stuff?

I think from Chennai's perspective, this loss should seriously make them beef up their bowling quality. I don't think Shardul Thakur and Chahar are good options at the top. Chennai needs one good overseas seamer (Willey or Ngidi/Wood) to partner Chahar when he returns. I think Imran Tahir needs to be kept out to fit in the overseas seamer. With most wickets in this tournament great for batting and not providing much spin, it makes sense to beef up the seam department. Billings has failed 4 games after that KKR performance and deserves a drop. Dhoni needs to have more faith in Jadeja's bowling and bowl him more. Or drop him for Karn/someone else.

RR and KKR are pretty much same atm with KKR playing an extra game, SRH got to lose tomorrow now and RCB-KKR needs to go RCB's way to add some spice to the tournament as we head towards the second half of the tournament.

Any particular rules for the transfer wondow? I mean the time period and stuff?

I read in an article yesterday (I think it was on FB) that the transfer window will be between Match 28 and Match 42. Match 28 is tomorrow (i.e. April 29) and Match 42 is on May 12th. And one of the rules is that the eligibility criteria is that the player who is in contention for transfer must have played only 2 games or less in this season (i.e. IPL 2018) so far. Not sure if there are other rules.

Every game I have seen Manish Pandey bat, he's played a test match or an ODI. Not yet a good solid t20 innings to get his team out of trouble

Defence # 3 from SRH on the trot ... brilliant stuff. Cannot help but like this team which is led by the bowlers

Users who are viewing this thread