Indian tour of South Africa, December-January 2010/11

What will the result of the Test series be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

prarara

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Kohli looked awesome. Too bad he didn't get the chance to get a century. He's looked good on trying circumstances. Imagine him in Indian conditions!

BTW, anyone else think Munaf Patel is garbage? I never get the feeling that he'll get wickets when he bowls. Every wicket that he's gotten, IMHO, is from the RSA batsmen playing foolish strokes to him. I would gamble Sreesanth over him.

And what happened to Sharma? Dramatic dip in pace, and form. He's got a bad no ball problem now.

Last edited:

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@ prarara: Actually on the contrary, Munaf has looked much better of himself in this series only. He got the wickets in two games, and apart from that, he has been frugal with his economy. With India having a need for some bowlers who can keep their end tight and not give away easy runs, Munaf fits the bill. If we are playing a third seamer in the WC, it should be Munaf and not Nehra (Zak and Praveen are automatic first choices). I have no hope in Sreesanth for ODI's. His test form and ODI form are different. He will be spanked most of the time until he develops good control in ODI's (from what I saw of him in the SA tests, he has not changed anything).

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
@ pararara:yeah you are right at extras,in the third match they gave only 4 extras but in 4th odi they had given away 14 of those.added 10 free runs to the total compare to 3rd game

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
What Sai said, I agree.
Munaf is the bowler who can keep it tight and bowl economical spells.
Sree would have been a much better bowler if he had control over the ball and he could have been a really good bowler but meh...............

Munaf is going to be the third seamer and anybody from Praveen and Nehra would do the work.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Zaheer, Praveen and Munaf is not a bad attack at all, I would say. Zaheer can bowl a good pace if he decides to. Same with Munaf who was consistently in the mid 130's this ODI series (much better improvement from recent times when he would consistently be below 130).

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess this game is make or break game for Raina. Other 6 spots are confirmed in batting order if everyone is fit.
Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Yuvraj
Pathan
Dhoni

Kohli has been in exceptional form. It would be foolish to keep him out of team. Yuvraj looked better than Raina on this tour and already had a half century. Looked settled in last match too before Smith took a blinder. He's improved his bowling a lot too which would come into handy in Subcontinental wickets. So Overall he's a better choice than Raina.
So Raina needs a big score to get into the starting XI

Now on the current match, It would be interesting to see if Saffers gonna choke again or not :p

----------

Zaheer, Praveen and Munaf is not a bad attack at all, I would say. Zaheer can bowl a good pace if he decides to. Same with Munaf who was consistently in the mid 130's this ODI series (much better improvement from recent times when he would consistently be below 130).

We dont need Zaheer to experiment with his pace at all. I know he can bowl in mid 140's and sometimes he do bowl in that range. But a Zaheer with his skill is far more lethal than a lot of 145+ KMPH bowlers in the world. Ask poor Smith:p
Munaf could have become the fast bowler india wanted but sadly he remodeled his action and choose line length over pace. I remember him bowling between 145-150 KMPH in his debt series against England. If anyone saw the practice match before the first test match, they would remember how he won the 3 day match by bowling out England single handedly.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
We can play him at 4. Yuvi can finish matches by playing down the order

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Now thats the proper way to choke. See everyone, learn from the Saffers. M.D in choking :p

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I hate duck worth Lewis.. South africa were 250 for 9 so if they would have played full 50 they would have not scored more then 268 for sure seeing how munaf and others were bowling..

Anyways so far a positive start

Gurjot95

National Board President
I hate duck worth Lewis.. South africa were 250 for 9 so if they would have played full 50 they would have not scored more then 268 for sure seeing how munaf and others were bowling..
You do realize when they were batting early, they didn't knew they will only get 46 overs and when they come again after rain, the only option left for them was to hit every ball because they were left by only 4 overs and hence resulted in wickets.

I think it's a fair target but India gonna lose this now they have lost 2 wickets and target will be pretty high if DL method again comes to play.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
So far the batsman who have played positively and attacked have done well, Parthiv is just doing that and Rohit is another Kaif-case only fit for domestic competitions :facepalm , Only chance for India now would be if Yuvraj and Patel counter attack.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Dhoni's form with the bat is worrying, as is Raina's. With the top 3 - Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir - injured, and the rest (barring Kohli) terribly out of form, this is probably the worst thing to happen before a WC.

Users who are viewing this thread