Instructions on how to run crick sim using 64bit windows using dosbox

badvintage

International Cricketer
Yeah that would be alright. You then need to type, mount c c:\games\sim\cricksim, then press enter. Now, type c: and press enter. Now type 1daycric.exe and enter. That should work.

It works, but every time I have mount it first to make it work? Because I go on cricksim folder and click on 1daycrick.exe and play it and doesn't work. But it works when I use dosbox?

----------

Untitled.jpg

Whenever I try to run a match ^

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Here's the Readme file that I got when I downloaded the updated files:

Please replace the .exe files in your \cricksim folder with the ones in this zip file.

For Windows 7, you will need a DOS emulator to run the cricket simulator.

Instructions for preparing to run with emulator DOSBox

1. Download DOSBox from DOSBox, an x86 emulator with DOS, Optional: see demo video on Running DOS Programs on Windows XP, Vista, W7 (Windows 7) With DOSBox - Free Download Link - YouTube
2. Copy cricksim folder to the folder DOSBox was installed, i.e. most likely "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\" or "C:\Program Files\DOSBox-0.74\"
Please note that the 1daycric.exe, testcric.exe, team and score files must now sit it in a location like "C:\Program Files (x86)\DOSBox-0.74\cricksim\"

Instructions for playing the cricket simulator via DOSBox

1. Run DOSBox, then the command prompt shows up
2. Type in "mount c cricksim" <enter>
3. Type in "c:" <enter>
4. Type in "1daycric" or "testcric" <enter>, depending on what kind of game you would like to play.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I didn't try it, I was just getting Cricksim up and running on my laptop. Wouldn't you just do it normally, and it'll saved in your Cricksim folder which is inside the Dosbox folder?

I just created a team then, and like I said above it creates and saves the team in Cricksim folder. But it does not show it when I open the game up, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I assume that's what you're talking about?

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Guys, that's the problem when we have the cricksim in c drive. Those files appear under compatibility files or something along those lines. You should be able to see it at the top of the window.

badvintage

International Cricketer
I didn't try it, I was just getting Cricksim up and running on my laptop. Wouldn't you just do it normally, and it'll saved in your Cricksim folder which is inside the Dosbox folder?

I just created a team then, and like I said above it creates and saves the team in Cricksim folder. But it does not show it when I open the game up, so I'm not sure what's up with that. I assume that's what you're talking about?

You're saying that I should put my cricsim folder in the dosbox folder?

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Guys, that's the problem when we have the cricksim in c drive. Those files appear under compatibility files or something along those lines. You should be able to see it at the top of the window.

My cricksim and my dosbox are both in the D drive, with my cricksim folder being inside my dosbox folder, because that's what the readme said to do.

You're saying that I should put my cricsim folder in the dosbox folder?

That's what I have currently done atm, but like I said above in doing so it creates a problem of not being able to see the teams.

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
If you guys have win 7, you can install virtual pc. And install a free 32 bit OS on it. Cricksim works like a charm there....

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
It is not difficult when you use dosbox. You just need to enter two lines. Virtual PC doesn't require dosbox.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Virtual pc is too much unrealistic , more then PCCS .

Users who are viewing this thread