Interaction with Transmission

There are some things that we wouldn't be able to change, or if we were to, it would take a long, long time to figure out. Hence an official patch it necessary.

There are some things that we wouldn't be able to change, or if we were to, it would take a long, long time to figure out. Hence an official patch it necessary.

Don?t know much about programming my self buddy, but I am sure it takes lot of time and effort. I do personally hope they (codis) give us the official patch and make our life?s easy. But at the same time I know, if they don?t we all can count on you guys as well. I am not really asking for millions of things. All I like to see fixed are

1) runouts
2) AI batting madness
3) AI field settings

I believe fixing above will improve the game by 90%... hmmmmmm lets hope something materialize soon

The first of those two things would definitely require an official patch (or illegal reverse engineering of the exe). The third thing might be fixable by modding.

The first of those two things would definitely require an official patch (or illegal reverse engineering of the exe). The third thing might be fixable by modding.

i dont think admin will let any one post any illegal patches, but abha was working on a way to patch the game legally. but that was some time ago, wonder whats happaning with that !!! by the way if we can edit the third one, it will also uplift the game by 10-15%.... hmmmm what do you think. firstly colin said the AI field settings must be in user.dat but he is not sure anymore :(

Any fiddling with the fieldsettings in user dat causes the game not to load, at least with me. I have tried all kinds of things with no luck. That could also be due to the fact that I have the computer skills of a smoked haddock!

Anyhow, we know that Heath and Rob regularly monitor this forum and are tracking bugs etcetera. Whether that actually means they will do something with them for this game remains to be seen.

I am confident that they will want to do something and the contact I have had makes me feel that they are sincere about wanting to support this game. My intuition tells me that Transmission would have probably liked to have had more time to complete things better but were pushed to get things out before the Ashes series finished.

Hopefully they have got more time now to work on a patch.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any fiddling with the field settings in user dat cause the game not to load, at least with me. I have tried all kinds of things with no luck. That could also be due to the fact that I have the computer skills of a smoked haddock! Anyhow, we know that Heath and Rob regularly monitor this forum and are tracking bugs ectecetera. Whether that actually means they will do something with them for this game remains to be seen. I am confident that they will want to do something and the contact I have had makes me feel that they are sincere about wanting to support this game. My intuition tells me that Transmission would have probably liked to have had more time to complete things better but were pushed to get things out before the Ashes series finished. Hopefully they have got more time now to work on a patch.:)

yoo dutch, i didnt know you are a programer, wow thats news !!!

A smoked haddock? You sure you're not from Sussex? That's a proper Sussex food, that is!

i dont think admin will let any one post any illegal patches, but abha was working on a way to patch the game legally. but that was some time ago, wonder whats happaning with that !!! by the way if we can edit the third one, it will also uplift the game by 10-15%.... hmmmm what do you think. firstly colin said the AI field settings must be in user.dat but he is not sure anymore :(

He's holding fire while waiting to see if there's an official patch. After all, a patch would change the game again, so all his work would be rendered useless as it would no longer work.

Users who are viewing this thread