Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I have started two stories so far and have found it very difficult to keep up with the pace. But as these were on 'playing' games, it bored me a little bit. I am making this story with my favourite game, ICC2005, so it should last!

It will be set out like 'Mikey Robinson's Career Story', to save more PC space, I shall not put screenshots on. The captain of the series and each match shall write a 'diary' sort of report.

This story starts at the 2015 World Cup, with India ranked 8th in the world.

2005-2015

A mixed 10 years from India. Peaking at 2nd in the world in both games and at their worst they were 7th in tests and 9th in one dayers. However, they have always been strong at World Cup times. In 2007, West Indies, India actually won the tournament - ranked 8th in the world! In 2011, Australia and New Zealand, India got into the semis.

Bangladesh have had an amazing 10 years. Their steady rise up the table now sees them at 3rd in both forms of the game, and at the heels of the 2nd placed teams.

Last edited:

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Before the World Cup, India had a One Day International Tournament in Sri Lanka, to warm them up. They easily qualified for the final but lost in the final to Sri Lanka by 59 runs. However, this final projected them up to 6th in the ODI table, closing in on their test ranking of 4th.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
World Cup Announced

The World Cup 2015 has been announced. It will take place in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka. Join us soon for the release of the Indian squad.

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
India Squad Announced

The BCCI have today announced the Indian squad for the World Cup 2015. There are two debutants - P Mahindra and J Sharma. The two 'oldies' - V Sehwag and H Singh are still there from 2005, as is G Gambhir.

INDIAN SQUAD

P Singh - Avg. 35.11
Y Singh - Avg. 38.19
R Shukla - Avg. 43.27
A Christian - Avg. 23.36
V Sehwag - Avg. 35.28
Y Singh - Avg. 34.10
P Mahindra - debut
G Gambhir - Avg. 33.80
A Deshpande - Avg. 31.21
R Sodhi - Avg. 25.45
J Sharma - debut
H Singh - Avg. 11.17
G Singh - Avg. 7.59
C Dixit - Avg. 5.22
A Salvi - Avg. 6.63

So, no surprises there. Lets hope that this Indian Squad can win the World Cup.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
cmon India!! Sehwag and Ghambir and Harbajan!! Will they still be playing in ten years?? Yuvraj Maybe....

usy

Chairman of Selectors
great cant wait for the series + go Pakistan ... 'n' best of the luck for you !!!!!

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
First Group Match V Canada

For the third time in three world cups, the Indian team have been drawn with the Canadians. Beating them on the previous two occasions, they'll be hoping to do much the same here.

Team:
P Singh
Y Singh
R Shukla
G Gambhir (VC)
A Christian
V Sehwag (Capt)
A Deshpande (WK)
H Singh
G Singh
C Dixit
A Salvi

Captains Report:
(V Sehwag)
Well, yet again, we were drawn against the Canadians! So, would it be three out of three for us against the Canadians? The answer was yes as we won by 7 wickets. I lost the toss after calling for tails. The Canadians chose to bat and put up a respectable score of 216all out. Nik Fowler just 3 runs away from his century. Our bowling was good - especially of the two seamers, who together got 8-75, with A Salvi getting 5-33. It was our turn to bat and chase quite a small target in ODI terms. We chased it down pretty easily with Y Singh scoring an unbeaten 92. The man of the match was A Salvi after taking 5-33.

Summary:
CANADA - 216all out
N Fowler 97
D Porter 86
A Salvi 5-33
C Dixit 3-42

INDIA - 217-3
Y Singh 92no
P Singh 84
R Maxwell 2-24
A Owen 1-50

India won by 7 wickets. Man of The Match: A Salvi (5-33)

Last edited:

w3lshrugby

Panel of Selectors
Second Group Match - v West Indies

The tough challenge of the 2nd ranked ODI team in the world was up next for India.

The team has remained the same as the last match.

Captains Report:

After losing the toss and put out to field, I was very worried to say the least. But after restricting the WIndies for under 250, I was delighted! Chris Gayle batted very well for his 93 and part time bowler P Singh came up with the goods getting 2-37!
We were sure that we could chase down this target pretty well and we did - the openers yet again provided a solid partnership with both scoring 50+, Yashpal Singh scoring 78. The pick of their bowlers was H Joseph who got 2-70 as we racked up another easy victory by 7 wickets!

Summary:

West Indies 244-7
C Gayle 93
E Walsh 44
P Singh 2-37
H Singh 2-41

India 245-3
Y Singh 78
P Singh 63
H Joseph 2-70
W Richardson 1-42

India won by 7 wickets. Man of The Match: P Singh (2-37 & 63)

Users who are viewing this thread