IPL IPL Player Auction 2011

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Dude who cares even if it's only the Indians who care about the IPL. It doesn't matter, no one cares about American sports either but we don't give a crap!

Same thing here. It's fun, entertaining, and catered for Indian audiences for the most part. As long as we enjoy it, it's all good.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dude who cares even if it's only the Indians who care about the IPL. It doesn't matter, no one cares about American sports either but we don't give a crap!

Which is what I posted originally hence the reason its not front page on Cricinfo. Sai then proceeded to try to argue that there were loads of non Indian's who were bothered which is bollocks.

Barring the odd Twenty20 fan the only reason anyone other than Indian supporters would post in this thread is for the reason I outlined above; to see which of their team's players are going to be burning themselves out, instead of having the rest the period is meant to be used for.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
these reasoning skills should get you into law school Sai, so apply now and then maybe you can move out of your parents house before you are 35

I am better off in my business school. My living preferences are personal, Mark. Can you please keep that out?

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Well you didn't reply to my post. So I will take that that you have no argument to put forward in your defence.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Well you didn't reply to my post. So I will take that that you have no argument to put forward in your defence.

Ah, trying to be clever. You hit the Quote button to my post but only replied to part of it. I am not even doing that.:p

Brook

Club Captain
I don't really understand why the IPL is so aggressively disliked, but I know I'll be following it.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Obviously I pressed quote. I thought that much was obvious.

----------

I don't really understand why the IPL is so aggressively disliked, but I know I'll be following it.

I think the reasons are quite obvious why its so disliked. Receives ridiculous amount of hype, the quality of the play has tended to be poor and, by far the worse, it takes away players from playing in their own domestic set ups.

Thanks to the IPL, for example, Eoin Morgan is going to go into England's test team without playing barely First Class cricket in a year. Not only that but it now means that players are playing cricket all year solid.

P

pcfan123

The IPL is a lot more likeable without Modi but it's still overly comemrcial and not concerned with developing cricket. It's all about making money for a small select few people in India. In fact it's kinda sad how they are misusing the passion Indian people have for real cricket and capitalizing off it.

People seem to think anti-IPL comments are anti Indian comments, they are not. India has proper cricket, it's called Ranji. You don't see people hating on Ranji matches, because those clubs exist to blood cricketers and grow the sport. not to make a quick buck off it.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
I think the reasons are quite obvious why its so disliked. Receives ridiculous amount of hype

Thanks to the IPL, for example, Eoin Morgan is going to go into England's test team without playing barely First Class cricket in a year. Not only that but it now means that players are playing cricket all year solid.

I agree but it is up to the player himself, he has the choice to be or not to be part of IPL and also his home board(from whom he has to get the NOC). ICC have made it clear they wont give special window for IPL so the other boards must take steps to disallow their players to participate in leagues and give nation preference first if they think their players are burning out (Like WICB did).

the quality of the play has tended to be poor and, by far the worse, it takes away players from playing in their own domestic set ups.

For that there are various other domestic competitions,I think this is the only league/tourney where you can see players from different place/set ups play together, Bhajji and Symmo in same team? where else can it happen :p

STLIndian

Club Cricketer
Oh look, more English people talking about how terrible the IPL is.

We get it. You don't like it. So just stay out of it.

Constantly hijacking this thread is getting real old, real fast.

AkshayS

Chairman of Selectors
The words should be:
If you don't like IPL, just don't give a ████ about it and stop hijacking the thread and starting arguements about it which have no results.

As Cricketman said, who cares if only the Indian members cares for it, as long as we are enjoying it, it's all good.
We don't give a ████ about KFC Big bash T20 or England sports or anything else.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
I think the reasons are quite obvious why its so disliked. Receives ridiculous amount of hype, the quality of the play has tended to be poor and, by far the worse, it takes away players from playing in their own domestic set ups.

The first part of your post is pretty much right but the second part just applies to the english cricketers and the IPL teams know this and tried to keep away from the high profile english players. Another point is, the players made themselves available in the auction they know how to think for themselves we dont need to make choices for them.

Also if you noticed that Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard and Dwayne Bravo didn't play for their domestic sides but rather chose to play in the Big Bash, so its not just the IPL.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
The IPL is a lot more likeable without Modi but it's still overly comemrcial and not concerned with developing cricket. It's all about making money for a small select few people in India. In fact it's kinda sad how they are misusing the passion Indian people have for real cricket and capitalizing off it.

People seem to think anti-IPL comments are anti Indian comments, they are not. India has proper cricket, it's called Ranji. You don't see people hating on Ranji matches, because those clubs exist to blood cricketers and grow the sport. not to make a quick buck off it.

Love you!

LongLegs?

Club Cricketer
The IPL is a lot more likeable without Modi but it's still overly commercial and not concerned with developing cricket.

This. As loltastic as the auction was, the ending was pretty classless. Calling for players for a 2nd time, then not bidding for them! And, then, the Kaif bid, which was ridiculous with all the laughter.

And, the IPL is mainly followed by Indians, for very obvious reasons that I'm not going into. Doesn't need to be front page on Cricinfo.

Anyway, I read that Ankit Sharma and Anand Rajan, from MP, signed for Deccan. Decent signings I guess. Rajan could well surprise. Medium pacer, but he can crank it up to the late 130s, or at least he did so in the Ranji quarters.

If Pandey does get banned, really doubt I'll be watching regularly.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I am not an Indian, but I still watch IPL because it is fun and the teams are amazing. I was also watching the auction and I watch the games on Youtube too. Some of my friends want to play in the IPL just to get loads of money. The IPL was shown here in the news once and they said it was a huge hit and the CFL was looking to follow it starting from 2011. The only part I hate about IPL is the excessive ads and I am sure many people agree with me.

Users who are viewing this thread