IPL3:The rise of the T20 domestic event in india

Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
But we miss the minor players, who were signed up in place of Pakistanis..:(
But At the same time, we have our ever time rivals Pakistanis with us:banana2:banana2

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'd like to see them play but I really don't see it happening. Their government continues to play politics and with 26/11 memorial day coming up, only a brave fella can say unabated that Pakistani players will be allowed to play in the IPL.

Difficult, I say !

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I honestly don't see why they are being prevented to play in the IPL. Its not like they had anything to do with the attacks and its not fair to punish the cricketers because of politics.

P

pcfan123

I bet they will, will be hard to leave the World 2020 Champions out of their respective squads. The owners will probaby lobby for their return. Guys like Afridi and Aamer will sell tickets and draw the crowds in.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Pakistan's return to the IPL remains on hold with the national board (PCB) confirming it has not received any letters of invitation from the tournament organisers to its players to initiate the visa process. The deadline set by the IPL for receiving No Objection Certificates (NOCs) and visa paperwork was November 20, but a day after that PCB COO Wasim Bari has said he received no intimation about a step forward.

"As far as I am concerned not a single player, who is interested in the IPL gave me an invitation letter of the IPL," Bari told Dawn. "Though the PCB chairman Ijaz Butt has already been in contact with the government to seek guidelines on this issue, whether to allow the players to play in the IPL or not, an invitation from the IPL is nevertheless mandatory.

"I only want an invitation letter from the players and the guideline of the government and that is all from my side."

No invitation from IPL yet - Wasim Bari | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

PCB is SUPER LAME at handling issues. They've screwed their players' chances of playing the IPL. Why am I saying that? Coz IPL set 20th November as the deadline for the Pakistani players to put things in place, but even a day after the deadline, 21st November, Bari was still trying to seek attention and come of as someone victimized. How come he only remembered about the invitation at the very death of the deadline? Isn't that standard procedure and shouldn't have this been done as soon as the IPL announced they were willing to get the Pak players on board?

Haphazard handling of issues. I'm not even surprised.

Sheesh !

Last edited:

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
PCB is SUPER LAME at handling issues. They've screwed their players' chances of playing the IPL. Why am I saying that? Coz IPL set 20th November as the deadline for the Pakistani players to put things in place, but even a day after the deadline, 21st November, Bari was still trying to seek attention and come of as someone victimized. How come he only remembered about the invitation at the very death of the deadline? Isn't that standard procedure and shouldn't have this been done as soon as the IPL announced they were willing to get the Pak players on board?

Haphazard handling of issues. I'm not even surprised.

Sheesh !

Why should they even have to ask for permission? Shouldn't the IPL team be able to sign them just like they do with players from any other country.

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Why should they even have to ask for permission? Shouldn't the IPL team be able to sign them just like they do with players from any other country.

No. The Political climate rejects any direct agreement on player participation from Pakistan, unlike other countries, who tbh, do not have a hostile policy against us. And its cricket which loses out. I feel bad for Younis Khan and the Pakistani players, but many people here believe that after 26/11, these guys have no business being here. And I'm not really sure if anyone except for a few chaps will even be bought by franchises.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
No. The Political climate rejects any direct agreement on player participation from Pakistan, unlike other countries, who tbh, do not have a hostile policy against us. And its cricket which loses out. I feel bad for Younis Khan and the Pakistani players, but many people here believe that after 26/11, these guys have no business being here. And I'm not really sure if anyone except for a few chaps will even be bought by franchises.

I have yet to hear a Pakistan cricket player say anything bad about India, Indian cricket team or what happened in Mumbai.
Still no valid point for Pakistan cricketers to be banned from the IPL.
I could see Asif, Tanvir, Gul, Afridi, U.Akmal, Aamer all being signed by IPL teams.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
As well as Younis Khan, Mohammed Yousuf, Saeed Ajmal, Misbah Ul-Haq and possibly Yasir Arafat, Abdul Razzaq, Imran Nazir and Salman Butt as well. I'm sure there'd be quite a few Pakistani players in demand.

P

pcfan123

many people here believe that after 26/11, these guys have no business being here.

Thats a bit racist, its not like the US banned all Arabs after 9/11.

Very ignorant and misguided view, if people actually hold it like you say.

Users who are viewing this thread