Ireland Team Discussion

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I think this shows that the gap between the best and next tier of associates is not as large as has been said. Hence the full member and associate gap isn't big either.

Still, come on Ireland! Still a way to go and they bat deep.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
UAE have traditionally been the weaker of the associates, because they're all accountants and bankers in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Netherlands and Ireland have the professional set-ups but all these T20 and World Cup qualifiers they play have them playing some pretty organized, quality level of cricket. It's certainly not like it used to be years ago and I said in another thread one of the main reasons for this is the quality of cricket that Ireland play means all the games the "Associates" play against the Irish has them all being leveled up by default, for lack of a better term. Ireland are, essentially, the team all the associates measure their success by in those tournaments.

There's a reason why Afghanistan have come out of nowhere in the past 5 years and it's simply down to the strength of the competition between the Associates, driven by the professional cricket outfit that is Ireland.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I fancy Ireland here. It's going to be wickets that can win this for UAE, and only wickets.

It's great to here how professional Ireland are and how they've been doing so well in associate cricket. Yes, the case for them getting Test status gets only stronger and stronger. They will have the problem of the weather though - the further west you get in the British Isles the wetter it gets, and Ireland really is rather west.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
65 off 46 with 5 wickets in hand you'd fancy the batting side 9 times out of 10.

O'Brien is key.

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Turning into a good match. Hope UAE pull it off though, they've been good to watch and they have played with a lot of passion.

Edit: I have always enjoyed the Irish as underdogs too lol but in this case UAE are the underdogs.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
seriously, I appreciate some people in Brisbane may have more on their minds following the weather there recently but how disgraceful is it that nobody has turned up to this?[DOUBLEPOST=1424862203][/DOUBLEPOST]ooh, O'Brien getting out puts the cat amongst the pigeons

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Bravo Ireland, what a game to win. They know how to get matches across the line I've seen them bring a few close T20's home much like todays ODI match. That's the most major difference between Ireland and Afghanistan/UAE is one team has the fitness, skill and mental ability to get these close games across the line. Great game.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Really disappointed with the Ireland effort against South Africa. They're a good team, for sure... but Ireland should have done better than allowing a 400+ score. I can't help but feel their World Cup campaign is losing a bit of steam, be really disappointing if that's the case, they really do deserve to make at least the quarter finals...

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Really disappointed with the Ireland effort against South Africa. They're a good team, for sure... but Ireland should have done better than allowing a 400+ score. I can't help but feel their World Cup campaign is losing a bit of steam, be really disappointing if that's the case, they really do deserve to make at least the quarter finals...
They will make it if the win 1 or 2 matches.They have to do what Zimbabwe did against west indies

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England

they have a seam attack where the fastest player bowls 132kmh/82mph - on a pitch doing nothing that's cannon fodder.

batting could/should have been better but i'd like to think they will still beat Zimbabwe and put up a better showing against Pakistan.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Getting over 151 against South Africa is a good psychological breakthrough though - if they can keep the current partnership going and get to 250 or something to help not blow out their net run rate totally, they should be able to recover for a semi finals spot.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Their bowling is weak. In their first two games they got early wickets and then let the opposition get back into it by bowling short and wide (the English disease) and today against the first really strong batting line up they've bowled to they have conceded 411. It's the determined batting that has got Ireland where they are up to now. The Zimbabwe game is massive.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Pretty good batting by Ireland, they played Imran Tahir very well so I guess Pakistan should go with 4 fast bowlers against Ireland. Bowling is very patchy if they can some how improve it a little against Zimbabwe and Pakistan, then we can expect another upset.

Users who are viewing this thread