Is edging to keeper on pro scripted?

Radders

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is edging the ball behind scripted or randomised in any way or is it all down to bad timing and playing down the wrong line on my part? Does batting use all the analogue sticks 360 degrees?

Been playing career mode on pro level for 2.5 weeks now, top scores are 65 and 87. So I know I can make runs with my technique of only playing the bad balls and blocking the straight ones.

However I can still waste a whole evening (maybe 12-15 innings in a row) nicking fast bowlers to the keeper and scoring under 10 and getting really peeved!

It would be greatly reassuring to know that it's happening because I'm not good enough rather than some random scripting, at least that way I've only myself to blame!

You're probably playing the ball too soon. You really have to wait until it's under the batsman's nose. I have the same problem, but the penalty for playing late is not as bad as playing early.

Other than timing, foot placement and angle of the bat are vital. Make sure if you're defending the right analogue stick is going directly up, not angled slightly to the offside.

To answer your question.

No.

Fonz rolls over in his grave...

Ha ha! Hate it when developers sit on the fence and are ambiguous!:p

I so want to answer Yes to balance out HBK to give you what you crave... but unfortunately No.

----------

Fonz rolls over in his grave...

whilst typing in yet another review on Amazon...

If you play across the line of the ball enough you will get caught behind so try not to play down the wrong line of the ball

Is edging the ball behind scripted or randomised in any way or is it all down to bad timing and playing down the wrong line on my part? Does batting use all the analogue sticks 360 degrees?

Been playing career mode on pro level for 2.5 weeks now, top scores are 65 and 87. So I know I can make runs with my technique of only playing the bad balls and blocking the straight ones.

However I can still waste a whole evening (maybe 12-15 innings in a row) nicking fast bowlers to the keeper and scoring under 10 and getting really peeved!

It would be greatly reassuring to know that it's happening because I'm not good enough rather than some random scripting, at least that way I've only myself to blame!

I can see where you are coming from because I am also experiencing this exact problem. The fast/spin bowlers seems to fire deliveries on a awkward possition far too often which you either end up nicking to the keeper/slip fielders or you edge it to your own stumps as you have no time to react and adjusting your shot selection. I have no issues blocking a lot of balls and being circumspect but eventually you will end up getting one of those unplayable balls.

I really think this is in your batting style. I often get out caught midon and midoff and only at times inside edge to wicket keeper. I dont think think it is random but definitely the transaction from middle and edge is very sharp as there are not many thick edges.

Try pressing right on the d-pad to get a gauge on your confidence, then use this to adjust the frequency of defending balls versus playing shots, (good vs bad balls). I have found that by playing myself in, I am less likely to nick behind or play back on to the stumps by a miss-shot.

Also, as already stated, the foot placement has a massive part in determining the shot accuracy/quality.

it's not, when I can be bothered I'm going to have a proper look at this. I've been playing on career mode as a wrist spinner and have certainly had games where I've been getting edges to the slip and keeper quite often.

it depends on the pitch, which is a good thing, where there's turn you can make them nick it more often (also had a few where they tried to sweep and the ball wa too far leg and they nicked it behind off the top edge). if it's flat you have to beat them i the flight a bit more so they will tend to chip themselves out or play and miss across their legs bringing in bowled and LBW.

I noticed this happened more as the season went on, my spinner is doing really well, and I know career mode sees the difiiculty increase, so I wonder if this started happening more because on higher difficulties the AI is picking better shots so is more likely to get out edging because it tried to drive balls in the V that are turning, where as on Pro it tends to try more ill thought out hoiks more often.

the AI does tend to play to the field a bit too, so I'm wondering if perhaps my career fast bowler (who I abandoned because he was pre-patch) wasn't getiting nicks because I wasn't encouraging the AI to drive by placing too many catchers and run savers around the offside.

so yeah, when I get a while I'm going to have a go at a few matches on various difficulties where I actively set fields that encourage driving and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread