IPL Is The IPL Concept Fair Enough? I dont think it is fair at all. Very Bad Concept of the IPL

Did Delhi Daredevils deserved to win the finals? (Think about Cricket not abt ur fav. team))

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi, I am Abhishek Sharma and a big fan of Viru and Daredevils

Its very dissapointing that Delhi could not make up to the finals but I think the way the Daredevils have performed, its truly outstanding.

I have been supporting Delhi from last year as my favourite player and the one who is as important to me as my parents are, Virender Sehwag plays and captains the side.

I have a question, dont u think the concept of IPL is very bad that a team like Delhi, who has been so consisten on winning, gets out of the whole tournament because of just one bad day and one good performance by Adam Gilchrist?

Then what is the use of playing such a long tournament just to enter the semi-finals and then the finals.

The concept is not good at all and I think there should be no semis and finals and the team which wins the most number of matches should be the winner of the tournament.

I am really angry on this concept and would really like some replys to my question.

I have started the discussion on the Official IPL site as well
Here are the links:

Sign In to DLF IPL Fan Voice - DLF IPL Fan Voice

You can mail me at [email protected]

Last edited:

stefan

International Coach
Usually the advantage of finishing higher in the league is you get home ground advantage in the semi's and final , this year that wasn't in play. Knockout competitions are always unfair. But delhi only have themselves to blame they didn't show up for the big day just like last year. 150 was never enough on that pitch.

leftarmlegspin

Club Cricketer
I can see both sides of the argument here. It's like any "play-off" situation, which you find in many other sports. There could be a team that wins all of their games, finishes top, and gets knocked out in the semi-finals. I do think it's unfair.

But, if you had a system whereby the team who finishes top wins, and then that's it, the competition could be over quickly. Indeed, this year's would have been finished with two games to spare almost.

Kev

Chairman of Selectors
Your team lost, get over it!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
I was thinking he was a Delhi fan and that's why he wrote there shouldn't a semi-finals and final. Anyway, Delhi qualified some time ago and they knew the semi-finals would be coming. If they were smart, they simply could have rested their major players for the semi-final. Bu they didn't.

But first I thought he was going to discuss the foreign situation (only 4 players allowed), but that wasn't the case. I hope it gets erased some day, because some teams are really having problems with that.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
I was thinking he was a Delhi fan and that's why he wrote there shouldn't a semi-finals and final. Anyway, Delhi qualified some time ago and they knew the semi-finals would be coming. If they were smart, they simply could have rested their major players for the semi-final. Bu they didn't.

But first I thought he was going to discuss the foreign situation (only 4 players allowed), but that wasn't the case. I hope it gets erased some day, because some teams are really having problems with that.
4 Foreign players rule is perfect. This is an Indian domestic tournament and if some teams cannot perform with that, it's their inefficiency. There is no other domestic tournament which allows so many Internationals in a team.

Precambrian added 1 Minutes and 31 Seconds later...

Hi, I am Abhishek Sharma and a big fan of Viru and Daredevils

Its very dissapointing that Delhi could not make up to the finals but I think the way the Daredevils have performed, its truly outstanding.

I have been supporting Delhi from last year as my favourite player and the one who is as important to me as my parents are, Virender Sehwag plays and captains the side.

I have a question, dont u think the concept of IPL is very bad that a team like Delhi, who has been so consisten on winning, gets out of the whole tournament because of just one bad day and one good performance by Adam Gilchrist?

Then what is the use of playing such a long tournament just to enter the semi-finals and then the finals.

The concept is not good at all and I think there should be no semis and finals and the team which wins the most number of matches should be the winner of the tournament.

I am really angry on this concept and would really like some replys to my question.

I have started the discussion on the Official IPL site as well
Here are the links:

You can mail me at [email protected]
And your complaint reeks of sour grapes. By your logic, even the World Cup format should be scrapped eh?

Sartaj

Panel of Selectors
i can see where you are coming from!!
why just IPL?
how about 2007 WT20? South Africa lost just one match and that cost them the semi-final spot and this can happen in any sport and yeah,i feel for you!! you poor delhites,what has gilly done to you? will you guys ever recover? apparently no!! i really feel for you blokes..that's why never try to play all the balls on the front foot (that's what the team song says.isn't it?) khelo khelo khelo khelo backfoot par!!!:p

Gary123

School Cricketer
This concept is just right and fair enough i think................And if we take example of T20 WC then Aus lost 2 group matches from Zim and Pak then too they entered the semis..........And the SAffers just lost one match and they were out of the Tournament......then by your saying SA would have been above Aus as they lost only one match..........

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think now one will understand it until they go through the same phase
neways, i wanna say that i live in Mumbai and Still support Delhi as they are the best team of IPL and the most deserving to win Season 2's title.
No doubt about that

I think (not sure) that there are no semis and finals in English Premier League (Football) too
When people enjoy that so much, why cant the same rule apply with cricket
I think Lalit Modi and BCCI just want money and nothing else
They dont care about entertainment, but they care only about Money

Last edited:

Precambrian

International Cricketer
neways, i wanna say that i live in Mumbai and Still support Delhi as they are the best team of IPL and the most deserving to win Season 2's title.
No doubt about that

I think (not sure) that there are no semis and finals in English Premier League (Football) too
Moan. Cry.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
No doubt about that

You are right, there are no semis in the FA Premier League, but that's because there are 38 games a season and it would be incredibly unfair to have semis after so many games.

The only way you can have no semis in the Indian Premier Circus is to have more games - and that's not what it needs, it needs shortening to around 4 weeks and playing from early February if it is going to be sustained in future.

Precambrian

International Cricketer
You are right, there are no semis in the FA Premier League, but that's because there are 38 games a season and it would be incredibly unfair to have semis after so many games.

The only way you can have no semis in the Indian Premier Circus is to have more games - and that's not what it needs, it needs shortening to around 4 weeks and playing from early February if it is going to be sustained in future.
Lol, playing Early Feb matches (that too night matches) in Delhi, Bangalore, Jaipur etc will be the equivalent of playing the Ashes in late November in England. April/May is the perfect time, as it is during the summer vacations here, and climate is generally rain free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread