IPL Is The IPL Concept Fair Enough? I dont think it is fair at all. Very Bad Concept of the IPL

Did Delhi Daredevils deserved to win the finals? (Think about Cricket not abt ur fav. team))

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i also think it is silly. You play 14 games and the tournament goes for so long and then it is decided by 3 matches. It is a bit of a waste of time really. At least have a top 5. The top team gets automatic progress to second round.
First Round:
Qualifying Final: 2 v 3
Elimination Final: 4 v 5

Second Round:
Grand Final Qualifyer: 1 v winner of Quali final
Elimination Final 2: winner of Elim1 v loser of Quali

Semi Final:
Loser of GF Quali v Winner of Elim2

Final:
Winer of GF Quali v Winner of Semi

That is fair and makes everything more worth while.

But with only 8 teams, having more than 60% of the teams moving on makes their competition for place far less competitive. Also, is that the AFL system.

So many sports have a system of working you way to the semifinals, stops having the league decided halfway through the season. A final is there as it adds extra pressure and teams that handle the pressure well, win the tournament. Other than Football leagues, most sports use knock out stages.

I think you are the dumbest member of Planetcricket.net
U just dont have any knowledge about cricket
People Like You dont deserve to Live on this Planet
You are just a person who is theoretical
Try to be practical, MY FRIEND
That is incredible poetry, I love the emphasis on MY FRIEND, should be a Dream Theater song or something. Not that you'd know what Dream Theater was.

He was being practical anyway, who does rest Vettori and McGrath for a semi-final? If Delhi had lost in the final, you'd be going on about "hurr delhi finished first delhi should win ultimate title" or something similar.

ya you thinks so....
i dont....
dude
practically tell me
would you have bought this topic if delhi had gone into the final...
would u????
i doubt
Dude your just taking out the frustration out of the loss

If Delhi would have won, i would not have brought this topic as Delhi was the most desreving team and as they have lost, I bought this topic as after being so consistent on winning, just a player's (Gilchrist) performance ruins the team's all the efforts they had put in during the leagues stages!
Then tell me what of the use of the League Matches?

just a player's (Gilchrist) performance ruins the team's all the efforts they had put in during the leagues stages!
That's what we always see in semis and finals. Only 1 player can turn the match

DD deserves to loose as they have rest mcgrath for all the matches and it's DD fault that they dont play well in semis. DD have to blame himself for winning continously and then lossing most important match. DC deserves to win as they have put more hard work then DD. It's maybe DD was overconfident and that's why they rested Vettori and MacGrath. Winnner is not decided by the team who plays the well in all the matches. Winner is that who works really hard for important match and they deserves to win and you can't say me that I am telling this because it doesn't happen with me. It happens with me in last season when KXI lost semis even they have win most of the matches and I was not dissapointed because KXI deserves to loss after such a bad performance. But I dont loose my emotions and keeps the spirit that they have atleast reach semis and you should also keep this spirit.

Last edited:
It's maybe DD was overconfident and that's why they rested Vettori and MacGrath.

They Have Been Resting McGrath for the whole Season, so there is nothing wrong resting McGrath as DD has been winning.
As far as Vettori is concerned, i think you don't know that only 4 foreign players are allowed to play in the Final 11

Then why dont understand that this is semifinal match not a league match where you can't win easily. It is the most important match where all the teams put lot of hard work and you are resting world best bowler?

Then why dont understand that this is semifinal match not a league match where you can't win easily. It is the most important match where all the teams put lot of hard work and you are resting world best bowler?

Delhi tried hard but that was a day of a fluke of Adam Gilchrist
And Daredevils have more knowledge than you that which match is important and which one is not, OK, MY FRIEND
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why you always came with topic knowledge? Where I say I have more knowledge than them?and If they have enough knowlege they would be winner of IPL 2009.

Why you always came with topic knowledge? Where I say I have more knowledge than them?and If they have enough knowlege they would be winner of IPL 2009.

Daredevils have quiet a lot of knowledge and it was just an off day.
Think If the Same Would Have Happened With YOUR Manchester Divided

It's United and not Divided and I will be happy because deserving team deserves to win and it will be their fault for providing bad performance in important match even if same would happen with India.

funny part about this thread is; on the title he says (Think about Cricket not abt ur fav. team) and he himself cring about his fav team :rolleyes:

Delhi tried hard but that was a day of a fluke of Adam Gilchrist
And Daredevils have more knowledge than you that which match is important and which one is not, OK, MY FRIEND
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Its not a fluke . Gilly has done that to countless bowling attacks and to some who are quite a bit better than that attack he faced on Friday.

I'm actually with the poster, not because it's not just unfair, it's pointless. you cannot have the best of both worlds in a long running league and then have a big final day bash. obviously that's what the BCCI wanted.

however ties become more of a big deal if you do this, you cannot just have a no result if both teams need the points.

perhaps the IPL can become a pure league in time if the champions league gets going. if you think about it, it makes more sense to run the champions league concept along side the IPL rather than in a different part of the season. means all the teams are together, have it as a straight knock out among 8 teams. then have that as the big final day bash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread