IPL Is The IPL Concept Fair Enough? I dont think it is fair at all. Very Bad Concept of the IPL

Did Delhi Daredevils deserved to win the finals? (Think about Cricket not abt ur fav. team))

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, playing Early Feb matches (that too night matches) in Delhi, Bangalore, Jaipur etc will be the equivalent of playing the Ashes in late November in England. April/May is the perfect time, as it is during the summer vacations here, and climate is generally rain free.
April/May clashes with the English and West Indies seasons. The IPC needs to be played between January and March.

April/May clashes with the English and West Indies seasons. The IPC needs to be played between January and March.

Ya, I agree with you and if the IPL is played from January to March, there will be more matches and semis and finals wont be needed

And Jan to Mar clashes with Aus, ind and SA seasons. Precisely why there should be a window carved out in the International calendar for the IPL. It must be played in Apr/May and there should be no other International cricket during that time.

And Jan to Mar clashes with Aus, ind and SA seasons. Precisely why there should be a window carved out in the International calendar for the IPL. It must be played in Apr/May and there should be no other International cricket during that time.
No it doesn't. India don't play during the IPC, Australia are finished in early January (if the CB series and tests were swapped) and South Africa start in late February.

It should be the IPC that moves for international cricket, not the other way round.

No it doesn't. India don't play during the IPC, Australia are finished in early January (if the CB series and tests were swapped) and South Africa start in late February.

It does. India's home test season is from October to March. And it will be affected invariably if IPL is shifted to that.

Australia's second home series starts on Boxing Day. That is Dec 24. So it will run right through Jan and Feb and they will never be too happy to miss the IPL forever for that. Your suggestion of swapping the ODI series with tests is ridiculous as it is not traditional. And further, many Aussie ODI players too figure in IPL. So it makes zilch sense. Again, the First class season too runs right through that time in Australia. And considering how many Aussies play in the IPL, it will be disastrous for both Aussie players and IPL to schedule at that time.

Further, you hardly know anything about Indian weather at that time. Fog would settle in by 4.30 PM on the grounds and visibility would be terrible in Delhi, Jaipur and Bangalore. In Hyderabad, it might rain during that time. Your suggestion is both impractical and devoid of sense.

It should be the IPC that moves for international cricket, not the other way round.

IPL is becoming qausi International. Players like Gayle have openly started supporting IPL instead of test cricket. In the coming years, it is only going to get worse. Better logic will be to find it some space during April and May.

It does. India's home test season is from October to March. And it will be affected invariably if IPL is shifted to that.

Australia's second home series starts on Boxing Day. That is Dec 24. So it will run right through Jan and Feb and they will never be too happy to miss the IPL forever for that. Your suggestion of swapping the ODI series with tests is ridiculous as it is not traditional. And further, many Aussie ODI players too figure in IPL. So it makes zilch sense. Again, the First class season too runs right through that time in Australia. And considering how many Aussies play in the IPL, it will be disastrous for both Aussie players and IPL to schedule at that time.

Further, you hardly know anything about Indian weather at that time. Fog would settle in by 4.30 PM on the grounds and visibility would be terrible in Delhi, Jaipur and Bangalore. In Hyderabad, it might rain during that time. Your suggestion is both impractical and devoid of sense.

IPL is becoming qausi International. Players like Gayle have openly started supporting IPL instead of test cricket. In the coming years, it is only going to get worse. Better logic will be to find it some space during April and May.
Boxing day is December 26th actually, and is usually not the beginning of the series.

And LOL at your suggestion of maintaining tradition with this sham being defended.

It would give me immense pleasure if the IPC was to collapse.

I have a question, dont u think the concept of IPL is very bad that a team like Delhi, who has been so consisten on winning, gets out of the whole tournament because of just one bad day and one good performance by Adam Gilchrist?

i thought you were gona talk about the group stage, but no...thats just stupid. not ONLY IPL any other kinds of sports have the SAME rule. you go to semi because of all those STAGE MATCHES. and DDD did good on those and thats why they were #1 on the table. that was their results/prize for doing good on those matches. on semis its not about STAGE games any more, its the NEXT lever of the game. pasts dont count. if you wanna be on the final you play right on the semi. just like how you have to do good on stage matches to be on semis.

football WC. Zidane took his France to the Final, they were doing so good, so they should have won the whole WC? yeah could have, but they blew it. it all comes down to one match

i also think it is silly. You play 14 games and the tournament goes for so long and then it is decided by 3 matches. It is a bit of a waste of time really. At least have a top 5. The top team gets automatic progress to second round.
First Round:
Qualifying Final: 2 v 3
Elimination Final: 4 v 5

Second Round:
Grand Final Qualifyer: 1 v winner of Quali final
Elimination Final 2: winner of Elim1 v loser of Quali

Semi Final:
Loser of GF Quali v Winner of Elim2

Final:
Winer of GF Quali v Winner of Semi

That is fair and makes everything more worth while.

wow what a sore loser,now u want the ipl to last 3 months which would sideline the whole international calendar just becoz dehi lost???lol.....

i also think it is silly. You play 14 games and the tournament goes for so long and then it is decided by 3 matches. It is a bit of a waste of time really. At least have a top 5. The top team gets automatic progress to second round.
First Round:
Qualifying Final: 2 v 3
Elimination Final: 4 v 5

Second Round:
Grand Final Qualifyer: 1 v winner of Quali final
Elimination Final 2: winner of Elim1 v loser of Quali

Semi Final:
Loser of GF Quali v Winner of Elim2

Final:
Winer of GF Quali v Winner of Semi

That is fair and makes everything more worth while.

This is truly gr88
This should be there for IPL as well

wow what a sore loser,now u want the ipl to last 3 months which would sideline the whole international calendar just becoz dehi lost???lol.....

I think you will not understand it ever as i guess you do not have any cricketing knowledge

Sour grapes?

If you guys could not win the semifinal, you rightly deserve the 3rd or 4th spot in the tournament. As ZexyShahid said, you could've rested your major players and could have got ready for the semis. Your team selection was flawed. Not having Glenn McGrath play a match in the IPL was a huge blunder. And you got the stick for it at the most inopportune time in the final when Nannes was plundered. Deccan has played almost as good as Delhi has in this tournament and deserve that final spot. You guys too deserve it, but you lost it at the wrong moment.

There's nothing unfair about it.

This is truly gr88
This should be there for IPL as well

I think you will not understand it ever as i guess you do not have any cricketing knowledge

dont talk about knowledge dude
ur a sore looser
just because
delhi coudnt make it to semi"s......
man its is like this in all tournaments
india got knocked off in the group stages of the world....cup
then u"l say that it should have also been of leagues
and seein ur love for viru ....he"s the dumbest captain ever to captain a team
resting vettori and mcgrath for a semi final....

I think now one will understand it until they go through the same phase
neways, i wanna say that i live in Mumbai and Still support Delhi as they are the best team of IPL and the most deserving to win Season 2's title.
No doubt about that

I think (not sure) that there are no semis and finals in English Premier League (Football) too
When people enjoy that so much, why cant the same rule apply with cricket
I think Lalit Modi and BCCI just want money and nothing else
They dont care about entertainment, but they care only about Money

That's because the epl is a league format, they have semi's and knock out games in the fa cup,champions league, italian cup,kings cup,ect. Its only in leagues like epl,la liga and serie a were they decide the league over an 9 month period where there is no knockout games.

dont talk about knowledge dude
ur a sore looser
just because
delhi coudnt make it to semi"s......
man its is like this in all tournaments
india got knocked off in the group stages of the world....cup
then u"l say that it should have also been of leagues
and seein ur love for viru ....he"s the dumbest captain ever to captain a team
resting vettori and mcgrath for a semi final....

I think you are the dumbest member of Planetcricket.net
U just dont have any knowledge about cricket
People Like You dont deserve to Live on this Planet
You are just a person who is theoretical
Try to be practical, MY FRIEND

ya you thinks so....
i dont....
dude
practically tell me
would you have bought this topic if delhi had gone into the final...
would u????
i doubt
Dude your just taking out the frustration out of the loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread