It is here - finally - alpha 0.1 released!!!!

This game is really addictive. More I play ,more I became stunned by the realistic possibilities of the bowling. Can't comment about batting since footwork is not implemented.

I have a nvidia 260 gtx desktop and ati HD5650 laptop and I notice some differences while playing on both. Spinning time of the bowling cursor is noticeably less in ati card and I think the turn is also somewhat less in ati card. There is also slight differences in the physics department.

thanks a lot.

yes, this is a serious issue. its a top priority....definitely will be fixed in the future releases. :)

This game is really addictive. More I play ,more I became stunned by the realistic possibilities of the bowling. Can't comment about batting since footwork is not implemented.

I have a nvidia 260 gtx desktop and ati HD5650 laptop and I notice some differences while playing on both. Spinning time of the bowling cursor is noticeably less in ati card and I think the turn is also somewhat less in ati card. There is also slight differences in the physics department.

Interesting points there....is it a subtle thing or does it massively affect the overall experience?

There seems to be a confirmed issue with some frame rate syncing which I am addresses as first 'bug' off the rank. This may cause some bizarre anomalies such as ball falling short in pitch or things rotating out of sync etc. Got a good idea what the problem is so expect I can fix it with not too much drama.

I will say though that Nvidia cards with onboard physX chips will certainly get performance benefits compared to ATI cards. Having said that, any recent GPU's (last 2 years at least) should not have any major differences.

:thumbs loving this absolutely brilliant great work LM and JK.

Please let me know your results from FRAPS if you can. I expect your 'fastest' setting is 60FPS and the higher modes are under 60. If your 'fastest' setting is over 60FPS then we may have a problem on our hands - or related to vsync.

On : 800x600 windowed

Fantastic >=40
Beautiful 40 to 47
Good 48 to 55 on normal defensive strokes and on one occasion when i played a full blooded cover drive, FPS was over 70
Simple is around 60 mark
Fast is way above :p 150+
Fastest is also around 200 mark

----------

Ok, so i turned on vsync and it seemed to work for me. Only thing is, it doesn't work for windowed mode.

EDIT: It limits the frame rate for Fast and Fastest but doesn't help with higher settings. Though it was kinda obvious, just thought I should mention it explicitly.

Last edited:
The gameplay is good.
It looks like the batting system is far more better than all commercial games ever released. The ball will go through between bat and pads into the stumps. I like that realism.
There is a problem I found if I perfectly time a ball, it is not moving. It just drops like it edged/mistimed to the pitch itself. The ball speed after hit is somewhat slow.

Leg/Off cutters are not turning much for Lee even for slow balls. Spin is working. May be my timing was not right.

The spin deliveries are going very fast to the bowler after pitching.

I haven't checked any combos.

(I know this alpha version is just some keys. I have a nice control system similar to this in my mind which uses same patterns for batting and bowling.)

What's gonna make or break this game other than A.I. will be the balance of slogging. Slogging can make this game either realistic or fun and if the balance isn't right, it will ruin this game. I hope LM and JK have a great mechanism for slogging also like other aspects of the game. :thumbs

Any news regarding other Alpha?

Sorry for being so impatient :p Just curious

sabr ka phal mitha hota hai. :p

btw, can anyone make the new adidas bat of tendulkar ??

@Jkartik - If you need any help in making faces of the players then do let me know. :)

The anims are crazily smooth and realistic, especially for non mo-cap, they're above the level of a commercial game like PES!

Thanks a lot. i've put my blood, sweat and tears into those anims. i actually despise doing them.....but seeing all the responses so far has made brush aside all the hardships. :)

Will the future releases be better or worser optimised for the crappier systems? Because on default resolution and fastest graphics settings, the game isn't running smooth at all on my laptop. I couldn't hit one ball with the bat, I missed everything. I know it's not as smooth as it should be as the trailers actually had the ball moving well.

So I can't make a proper judgement on the game yet. All I can say is that both the batting and bowling animations are superb so far. The graphics are sufficient even at this stage IMO on fastest settings. I managed to hit probably about 1 out of 50 balls, and that 1 time the sound off the bat was quite nice as well.

This is looking good so far, but unless I buy a new laptop it looks like I'll have to pass on this.

First of all, I'd like to thank JK and LM for the hard work that they have done on TAOC. They are not getting paid by anyone for working on TAOC, it's their love for cricket that is making them work so hard for this game and that is indeed very appreciable. :)

Batting - Alpha 0.1 is excellent. All the batsmen shots are very realistic, the batsmen stance looks good. Shots and stance do look a bit similar to Sachin's stance and shots and I guess JK did mention somewhere in the thread that the batsmen model and shots are made by keeping Sachin in mind and as a Sachin fan I like it. :) It would be great if few more shots can be added, sweep, reverse sweep and all the other "main shots" that are missing from the game at the moment.

Bowling - Now, coming to the bowling. I'm quite impressed with the bowling actions of Lee and Warne. Great work on the actions. :clap This is something unique about this game. Even the big companies like EA and Codies didn't add players bowling action to their game, I don't know whether they did that intentionally or not but certainly it feels good to play the bowlers with their original actions.

Positives about the game - Well, there are many positives about the alpha 0.1 - Batting stance, batting shots, bowling actions, bowl not going to the boundary easily. These are all the major points of a cricket game and they are already included in the alpha 0.1 and that does make me think that if the alpha 0.1 is so awesome then what will be the case with the upcoming alpha's, 0.2 and 0.3. :D

Few negatives that I'd like to point out - I tried bowling bouncers a few times but it didn't work. The batsmen was not hit by the bouncer, it just missed the batsmen. Also, If possible, can a spinner turn the bowl a little more? So that it gets harder to play a spinner, at the moment the Warne deliveries hardly spin. So far, all the cricket games that have been released, there is just a bit of swing for the pacers or spin for the spinners in the games (like cricket07 and AC09). Graphics are not the best at the moment but before the release of alpha 0.1 JK and LM did mention that the graphics are not going to be good in alpha 0.1. Best of luck in improving the graphics guys. :thumbs I personally am not a big fan of graphics in a cricket game, the thing that matters for me is the "GAMEPLAY". Fine graphics and good gameplay is always the first choice for me than awesome graphics and poor gameplay.

Overall, I'm very impressed with alpha 0.1. Good luck for alpha 0.2. :)

Users who are viewing this thread