IPL ITV bags IPL rights in UK

Highlander999

ICC President
ITV bags IPL rights in UK | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Cricket coverage in the UK will return to free-to-air television with ITV getting rights to broadcast the IPL for the 2010 season. The broadcaster will show live all the matches on ITV4 - one of its digital channels - from the feed supplied by Sony and will employ its own studio experts.

Hmm, might actually get to watch a few matches and see what all the hype is about

gougie

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Great news, about time we got to watch something for free, i definatley wouldnt have been watching otherwise.

vagabond

School Cricketer
would be interesting to see some of it, but ITV have a bad habit of producing really dodgy sports coverage for anything thats not football. their rugby coverage is attrocious

harrisb

International Coach
nice one, this means we won't have to sit through the 'buffering' on youtube

Auwais

International Coach
Bhangra.gif

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
That is sweet! Means I can get it here in Swiss as well, and record it!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Mehhh. Would have preferred it to be on ESPN so we get it in HD. Better than watching it on Youtube though.

Is IPL that important that you want it on HD?:D

If its available on YouTube for North American viewers, I might watch a few of it (mostly the Chennai games). Otherwise, I am not wasting much time on this tournament.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Pleased with this. Was really annoyed that Setanta got the rights last time round, I was like 'WTH is Setanta?'. I really wasn't going to pay around ?15 every month plus the subcription charge.

Good move ITV :thumbs

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
ITV bags IPL rights in UK | Cricket News | Indian Premier League 2010 | Cricinfo.com

Cricket coverage in the UK will return to free-to-air television with ITV getting rights to broadcast the IPL for the 2010 season. The broadcaster will show live all the matches on ITV4 - one of its digital channels - from the feed supplied by Sony and will employ its own studio experts.

Hmm, might actually get to watch a few matches and see what all the hype is about

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread title. Will be interesting to see how it compares to our domestic competition.

P

pcfan123

Prepare to have your eyes and ears bleed. The IPL is so flashy and tacky it would make a gay man go blind

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
What team is it that have the pink shirts? If it's not in aid of Breast Cancer then the owner is a homo. I'm only really interested in watching McCullum dick on everyone.

P

pcfan123

I dont think any team has pink shirts. I was specifically talking about the horrible music, z List celebrities and things like change in commentary (sixes are called DLFers), 10 minute break at the 10 over mark etc.

Just be glad your not watching it on an Indian channel, Im forced to watch on those streams and they take any single opportunity, to cram advertising down your throat

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
They got rid of the 10min break. Replaced by an optional 2.5min timeout in each inning.

Kings XI Punjab have pinkish shirts.

I love the IPL. May not be for the posh brit taste but i'm psyched for this to start.

themuel1

International Coach
They got rid of the 10min break. Replaced by an optional 2.5min timeout in each inning.

Kings XI Punjab have pinkish shirts.

I love the IPL. May not be for the posh brit taste but i'm psyched for this to start.

I watched the first season and thought it was great, but last year it just dragged (the 10 minute break annoyed me a bit I have to say). And there are very few "posh Brits" left in this country, if your alluding to the American stereotype of us.

Users who are viewing this thread