Jan 3-7: 5th Test: Australia v England at Sydney

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
So that's at least one century for everyone in England's top order other than Colly?

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Colly might not be the only career this Ashes will claim. I reckon we might see at least one more, but from the Australian side. They don't play another test till August something, long time for some of the older bunch.

Ponting comes to mind... (especially if Khawaja can get a century in the second innings)

P

pcfan123

haha just realized that if Beer does not take another wicket or if England declare right now, his Test average will be higher than Doherty's 104 odd, who on earth would have thought that. You can't write this stuff

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
haha just realized that if Beer does not take another wicket or if England declare right now, his Test average will be higher than Doherty's 104 odd, who on earth would have thought that. You can't write this stuff

Average after one innings though. It's hardly conclusive.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
460120-usman-khawaja.jpg

This picture made me crack up for some reason.

Sureshot

Executive member
There's a difference between saying "I don't know" (even if he did) and asking for a review of it, he is perfectly allowed to do so. Batsmen don't have to walk and Hughes who quite clearly reacted as "Oh, it's dropped" then quickly threw the ball up in the air and claimed the wicket.

That said, I really couldn't care less, it's up to the umpires to give players out. I don't have an issue with either Hughes or Bell. Hughes isn't the first to claim a catch that wasn't, and given the situation, he wouldn't be the last. Bell isn't the first to use the UDRS as a tactical ploy rather than a definitive, "I didn't hit that" and review it within seconds of the finger going up.

Good ton from Prior, nice pace as well.

ferg512

International Coach
I'm not that sure Hilfenhaus actually had anything behind the line, I think the 3rd umpire just didn't want to rub this in any more...

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Nah he had something behind the line.

Love watching this nothing better than Johnson getting completely flailed around by our tail.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
@angryangy - as you'll know from Twitter I criticised both Hughes and Bell.

Loving watching Swann smack Johnson around.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
War, these fast bowlers sure are of a "certain" quality aren't they? I'll tell you what quality that is. Mediocre!!!!!!

P

pcfan123

Shane Warne sounds like the unabomber the way he is ranting against computers

Users who are viewing this thread