Kabooka's AC09 Mods : Kabookaburras are Out ;)

Xbox modding? That'll be the day. I think those games are so protected its not even funny. I have never even heard of a pirated ps3 disc!

Well it's just a theory, if we could transfer the installed game to a PC we could edit the game using the big editor then transfer back and hey presto, modded AC09.

In theory its simple ,

• Install a Xbox 360 Game to a Xbox 360 HDD

• Use Xplorer to copy the contents of the HDD to your PC

• If the files installed on the Xbox 360 are the same ( which I highly doubt ) as the PC version ( i.e. we have a .BIG file etc. ) , we could place it on the PC directory of AC09 & make changes via the BIG file editor

• Transfer the edited file to the Xbox 360 HDD using Xplorer & see if it works .

• Thank Booka Booka for his sheer genius :)

:hpraisei thank you:hpraise even though i dont have a xbox and probably never will:p

In theory its simple ,

• Install a Xbox 360 Game to a Xbox 360 HDD

• Use Xplorer to copy the contents of the HDD to your PC

• If the files installed on the Xbox 360 are the same ( which I highly doubt ) as the PC version ( i.e. we have a .BIG file etc. ) , we could place it on the PC directory of AC09 & make changes via the BIG file editor

• Transfer the edited file to the Xbox 360 HDD using Xplorer & see if it works .

• Thank Booka Booka for his sheer genius :)
The installed game is 2 GB which is the same as the BIG file IIRC and thanks for explaining the theory kabooks.

great kits kabooka,whats iirc will you do any faces and stadiums when next version of big editor is realesed

Well, Best of the best....:)

sanji 1135 added 1 Minutes and 43 Seconds later...

Please we need Srilankan, kits....:happy

Big update :​

Just redid the Arm Bands on the Indian kit as the arm bands made for S.A. just didnt fit on the Indian kit ( this is a result of extremely poor Unwrapping by the modelers) . Took me quite a bit of time , but now I can use this template on other its as well :) Anyways, now i think that i have a near perfect Indian Arm Band

34269970.jpg

By kabooka at 2010-02-26

I also made the entire number font at the back of the Indian ODI kit. It is now 100% real as to the numbers & their font at the back of the Indian players jersey :)

Hopefully, i shall be able to fix some small bugs & release an update of the Indian ODI Kit soon :)

Now, this will sound really stupid, but because I know you like to have things perfect (no offense) and I know that you can but the arm bands on the India shirt don't actually go the whole way round - was just pointing it out because I know you can fix it

Also, the cap has INDIA written on the back

p.s. I don't use your kits yet but their awesome!! KUTGW

Last edited:
Now, this will sound really stupid, but because I know you like to have things perfect (no offense) and I know that you can but the arm bands on the India shirt don't actually go the whole way round - was just pointing it out because I know you can fix it

Also, the cap has INDIA written on the back

p.s. I don't use your kits yet but their awesome!! KUTGW

Making the arm bands go around perfectly is what I am trying to achieve . The screenshot that you were looking at exposed the part where the arm bands would just get skewed & point upwards . Now they are practically matching , just a bit more work & they shall meet properly .

Thanks for the info on the India Cap :) I appreciate it

hey kabooka great work with the kit but i feel that the border is a bit shabby wrt the no's.

i'd like to suggest you a trick to correct that thing

open the numbers image in photoshop
then go to blending options -> stroke ->3px stroke with the blue colour on the kit
save it as png
close the file
open it again
then go to blending options -> stroke ->3px stroke with the orange colour on the font
save it again

this is what i have done with the numbers on the India ODI kit

In regards to XBOX editing, it is possible to extract the files as someone's extracted roster files :D

hey kabooka great work with the kit but i feel that the border is a bit shabby wrt the no's.

i'd like to suggest you a trick to correct that thing

open the numbers image in photoshop
then go to blending options -> stroke ->3px stroke with the blue colour on the kit
save it as png
close the file
open it again
then go to blending options -> stroke ->3px stroke with the orange colour on the font
save it again

this is what i have done with the numbers on the India ODI kit

Thanks for the advice but the Kit numbers were made using Pen Tool/Stroke with references from Cricinfo.com .

The problem that I am facing is that the shaders aren't doing justice to the manually made font & they are cropping the borders at the outer & inner edges . Maybe the game doesn't allow fonts above a certain size , but that is a problem which is very tricky to handle as the font has been drawn by hand & to keep in mind a specific size for a font without any reference is very taxing on me.

Im posting the India Kit Numbers below in Both PNG & JPG formats for you to see if anything can be done about them .

numbering.jpg

Best of Luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread