Katich should captain: Hogg

Warne would actually be an awesome coach. Because he definately knows what he's talking about, just look at the all stars game.

Of course Katich won't admit he wants the job. That would create problems in the camp and probably get Katich booted from the team and put in the 'never again' pile with Hodge, Rogers and co.

Even of Katich says Ponting is "████" and wants to be captain, I doubt he will be kicked out of the team.

Agreed :hpraise. Not even the Ex-players or the Australian public respect him

Ricky's obviously done a fantastic job

Thats from Katich him self. If Ponting didn't have the respect of his players he wouldn't be the captain anymore. I don't get where you got this notion that the ex-players don't respect Ponting. I haven't heard Hayden, Langer, Martyn, McGrath, Warne, Gillespie or any other player that retired from the game saying anything that would suggest he isn't respected. Also the Aussie public on this forum seems to respect Ponting...

Thats from Katich him self. If Ponting didn't have the respect of his players he wouldn't be the captain anymore. I don't get where you got this notion that the ex-players don't respect Ponting. I haven't heard Hayden, Langer, Martyn, McGrath, Warne, Gillespie or any other player that retired from the game saying anything that would suggest he isn't respected. Also the Aussie public on this forum seems to respect Ponting...

Its called diplomacy and is extensively applied by players these days. Kato did exactly that. Ex-players keep saying in the media again and again that Punter should go (Jeff Thomson or someone is a redundant critic, maybe). Google can help you out.

As for the Aussie public, you answered your own question.

Last edited:
Its called diplomacy and is extensively applied by players these days. Kato did exactly that. Ex-players keep saying in the media again and again that Punter should go (Jeff Thomson or someone is a redundant critic, maybe). Google can help you out.

Thompson never played under Ponting or with Ponting so there is no way he can know what kind of a captain Ricky is. If there are so many cases of this happening I wouldn't mind seeing a few of them just so I can change my point of view on this claim of yours...

I actually have a question this time. Why did you bold "on this forum" and then go and talk about something totally different? There are many Aussie fans here and I haven't seen that many questioning Ponting.

He asked a question?

Apparently I did even tho I don't see a question mark in my entire post...

Users who are viewing this thread