Kevin Pieterson vs Ian Bell vs Graham Thorpe

Which combination should England go with?

• Thorpe and Bell

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Thorpe and Pietersen

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • Pietersen and Bell

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Two places, three contenders.

Who do you think should feature in the England batting lineup for the Ashes?

Thorpe and Bell

Thorpe and Pieterson

Pieterson and Bell

Something else

Thorpe and Bell for me, at least for the first couple of Tests, then depending on form and fitness.

I'd hit the Aussies hard with Pietersen. Their only chance, in my opinion, to get an edge on the ever-consistent Australian test team.

Piertersen and Thorpe for me but only if Thorpe is 100% fit. He has a back problem, and if hes 70-80% i would play Bell and Pietersen.

Pietersen has to play if we are going to have any chance. He gets under the aussies and you can tell they want to see the back of him very quickly when he comes to the crease. His arrogance and cockyness is brilliant and just want England need.

Im not saying Thorpe is over the hill, but i just get a feeling that we need to get the young players in sooner rather than later. Thorpe has said after the ashes hes retiring from Test cricket,so why not test Bell and Pietersen now?

Pietersen has gone off injured in today's game, anyone got news on that?

Looked like a groin strain. He wasnt in agony and was still jogging..so lets hope its just a minor niggle and hes availiable for next Thursday :)

I wouldnt mind if england didnt start Pietersen as he would be a huge threat to the aussies. If england were smart they would play him

Thorpe and Bell to be safe. If they have a lead then toss in Pieterson with whoever was performing better...

stevie said:
Pietersen has gone off injured in today's game, anyone got news on that?

He has said he will be fit for the 1st test

Users who are viewing this thread