Story Killers CC route to victory!

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Team name: Killers CC
Ground name: Killers CG
Team location: NSW, Australia

Earlier this month, Killers CC was formed with the board of directors appointing Jake McDonald at the helm. As manager, he is expected to run the whole team, and handle everything. Once arriving, he underwent a huge cleanout, and bought numerous players, ending up with a very young squad, with nine 17 year olds, and two 18 year olds, with two 20 year olds in the mix as well, to go with two 30 year olds featuring as well.

The squad:

Mains:

Seamus Newton (C) - 30

newtonj.jpg

Seamus was in the original club squad, and being the oldest member, with Waterworth, captains the team. He has made a solid start playing for the Killers, scoring 192 runs @ 64 with a fifty and century in his first 3 matches, to go with 145 runs @ 48.33 in First Class Cricket.

Hamish Fletcher (wk) - 20

fletcher.jpg

Fletcher was also originally with the club, one of only 4 original players remaining. Last week, manager McDonald tried to sell Fletcher, but no one would buy him. Whilst being put on the market, Fletcher made a quickfire, skilled 122*, boosting his OD average to 64. His FC performances have been poor to date, averaging only 18 in 3 innings.

Ron Waterworth - 30

waterworth.jpg

The oldest player with Newton, Waterworth is the third remaining member of the original squad for the Killers. A right arm spinner, Ron has averaged an amazing 11.17 in OD cricket, taking a wicket every 12 balls, and an outstanding 6.3 in FC cricket, with a strike rate of 25 and economy of only 1.5.

Alfie Fillery - 17

fillery.jpg

Alfie is a young, spin bowling recruit for the Killers, who come to the Killers with big wraps. So far he has impressed, averaging a handy 16.67 in OD & FC cricket, conceding barely 3 an over in OD, and under 2 in FC.

Dan Rocastle - 17

rocastle.jpg

The fourth and final member of the Killers original squad, Dan hasn't performed as well as his spin bowling partners in the team, and thus has been dropped after some unsatisfactory performances. Expect to see him returning to the frame soon though, he is only young and has a bright future. He is working hard in the nets, and will only improve as he ages.

Dinesh Mukhopadhyay - 17

mukhopadhyay.jpg

Dinesh was imported from India and immediately impressed for the club, working on cementing his no.4 spot in the batting order, scoring 61 runs in his 2 innings for his new club, at an average of 61.

Shaun Habens - 17

habens.jpg

Shaun was a club recruit, who has impressed in his FC debut, now averaging 69 with the bat and an amazing 13.5 with the ball in FC cricket. Unfortunately in his 3 OD performances, he has failed to impress, averaging a below average 23.

Mati Raisani - 18

raisani.jpg

Mr Choke, as he is known amongst his team mates, Mati has played some good cricket since coming to the Killers. Slotted into the opening position, he had scored 118 runs @ 39.33 in OD cricket, with a high score of 99, and 167 runs @ 55.67 with a top score of 95 in FC cricket. At 18 years of age, he is a bright prospect.

Greg Mulvaney - 17

mulvaney.jpg

Greg is a youngster who came to the squad with big wraps, and so far has showed some promise. A 17 year old, Greg has been batting at 3 for the Killers and is averaging 47 in OD and is yet to make his FC debut.

Rod Earle ? 17

earle.jpg

Rod Earle has come to the squad with great expectations, and completely failed to deliver so far. Whilst he hasn?t taken a wicket in either form and averages 4 and 6.33 in OD and FC respectively, McDonald has stuck my him and is hoping he comes good soon.

James Seddon ? 17

seddon.jpg

Seddon is in fierce competition with Earle for the second allrounder, no. 7 spot. Seddon has outperformed Earle in all facets so far, averaging 51 with the bat in OD, with 2 wickets at a poor 72 a piece. He is yet to play FC cricket.

Graham Britz ? 18

britz.jpg

Britz, at 18 is one of the strike bowlers for Killers CC, opening the bowling and taking his wickets @ 15.33 in OD and 25.86 in FC so far this season.

Matty Jabulile ? 20

jabulie.jpg

Matty is the Killers other opening bowler. He is averaging 21.50 in OD and 21.33 in FC, and looks very good for the future.

Visvadinu Nissanka

nissanka.jpg

Visvanadinu signed for the Killers when Silcott was sold off to another club. He has come with a good reputation as a hard worker, honest young man, with the expectations to take over the keeping role from Fletcher in the near future.

Reserves:

Kyle Waters - 17

waters.jpg

The first player to come out of the Killers youth system, Kyle has only played one match so far, where he recorded economical figures of 0/33 off 9 of his possible 10 overs. A very good future player for the Killers.

Killers CC First XI

First Class
1. Seamus Newton (C)
2. Mati Raisani
3. Greg Mulvaney
4. Dinesh Mukhopadhyay
5. Shaun Habens
6. Hamish Fletcher +
7. Rod Earle
8. Ron Waterworth
9. Graham Britz
10. Matty Jabulile
11. Alfie Fillery

One Day
1. Seamus Newton (C)
2. Mati Raisani
3. Greg Mulvaney
4. Dinesh Mukhopadhyay
5. Hamish Fletcher +
6. Shaun Habens
7. Rod Earle
8. Graham Britz
9. Ron Waterworth
10. Matty Jabulile
11. Alfie Fillery

Last edited:

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Team v Beecroft named​

Killers CC manager Jake McDonald has named his team to take on Beecroft tomorrow in the Cup.

The team is as follows:

1. Seamus Newton (c)
2. Mati Raisani
3. Greg Mulvaney
4. Denish Mukhopadhyay
5. Hamish Fletcher +
6. Shaun Habens
7. Ron Waterworth
8. Graham Britz
9. Matty Jabulile
10. Alfie Fillery
11. Dan Rocastle

The press got hold of McDonald for a short chat.

Media: What made you select 5 bowlers and an allrounder in your Cup match side against Beecroft?

McDonald: Well, we have 5 class bowlers, and it’s impossible to select only 4. I run by play your best team, and our best team features Ron, Graham, Matty, Dan and Alfie.

Media: Why does your bowling attack contain 3 spinners and only 2 fast bowlers?

McDonald: Well, our best bowlers are in the team, and 3 of them happen to be spinners.

Media: How do you expect to go in this must win game?

McDonald: We will see.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Visvadinu Nissanka signs for Killers CC as Silcott goes!​

Killers CC Management are proud to announce 17 year old wicketkeeper-batsmen Visvadinu Nissanka has signed on for the Killers. Yet to debut, McDonald saw something special in this kid, and signed him on immediately. The Killers are losing youth product Douglas Silcott and not attempting to retain him due to disciplinary issues, and Manager Jake McDonald believes he would be better off at another club. Nissanka agreed to terms a short time ago, and was told to talk to the press in a 3 way conference involving McDonald, the press and himself.

Media: Are you looking forward to playing for the Killers?

Nissanka: Yes, they sound like a great club and I look to have lots of success their as myself and with the team.

Media: McDonald, as the manager, how do you and your coaching staff plan to use Nissanka?

McDonald: We haven’t really got around to that one yet.

Media: When will he be making his debut?

McDonald: It depends on Fletchers performance against Beecroft. If Fletcher performs poorly, then Visvadinu will be in for the next game. If not, then he might have to wait until the opportunity arises.

Media: How do you feel about Silcott's leaving the club?

McDonald: It's a loss to the club, he was a bright youngster with a great future, but he has his problems keeping himself in line, and that's not the sort of player we need at the Killers.

nissanka.jpg

Douglas Silcott – 17

silcott.jpg

Last edited:

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Ah, another BT story...

I usually go with 4 bowlers and an allrounder, even in BT. It's easy to get allrounders at the lower levels, like you are at, and if you get a gem of a pull you can give him allrounder training for a bit before focusing on bowling. Those guys are extremely valuable at higher levels. You will struggle in the top 3-4 divisions if you keep a long tail.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Silcott won't be much of a loss to you. His secondaries would of taken ages to train up to a decent level anyway. Nissanka will be a good player for you in the future with the right nets, how much did you sign him for?

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Brendan Lay receives senior contract and Killers CC unveil new official web site​

Killers CC Manager Jake McDonald today announced the opening on new club website, wwww.killerscc.co.nr. It will contain all the Killers CC news, player interviews, line ups, signings and more!

Club junior Brendan Lay has received a junior contract this morning after impressing in the youth competitions and in the nets. Manager Jake McDonald attended youth nets to scout some more young talent for his senior side, and found Brendan as the pick of the bowlers, singled him out and pulled him aside immediately.

Media: How did you get your contract?

Lay: Jake just come up to me and asked me if I wanted a contract and I was like, “yeah”. I was awestruck.

Media: Are you keen to play for the Killers?

Lay: Yeah, it will be a great experience.

Media: When do you expect to make your debut?

Lay: I don’t know, we haven’t talked about that much yet.

layk.jpg

NOTE: I am not going to use the site anymore. I made it but now have changed my plans.

Last edited:

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Cup over for Killers​

Killers CC were knocked out of the cup today at the hands of Beecroft, losing by a mere 12 runs away from home.

The captains greeted the 9250 strong crowd on a fine, sunny day, making their way out to the dusty looking pitch, with both sides tactics in their heads. Beecroft won the toss, and elected to bat.

beecroftpitich.jpg

Conditions look good for the Killers.

The Killers started off by bowling too many bad deliveries, and paying the price by getting smacked around, but then took wickets throughout the innings to limit Beecroft to 285 when they were bowled all out. Jabulile was the pick of the bowlers with 4/54, but Britz (2/69), Fillery(2/57), Waterworth (1/63) and Rocastle (1/32) all chipped in with wickets as well. For the home side, man of the match Black made 123* of only 95 balls, taking the game away from the Killers who did well in new conditions.

beecroftinnings.jpg

In reply, the Killers CC got off to a terrible start, finding themselves 2/9 with the openers, Raisani and Newton, dismissed. Mulvaney and Mukhopadhyay staged a comeback, adding 84, when Mulvaney was dismissed for 41. Mukhopadhyay went on to form a 72 run partnership with Fletcher, before eventually being dismissed for 76. Fletcher made a slow but steady 75 off 111, which kept the Killers in the match, but being unable to speed up the scoring at the end may have cost his team the match. Habens (58 of 45) nearly saw the visitors get home, but Fletchers slow batting made this impossible. Waterworth can?t be to blame; being a tailender, his 12 of 7 wasn?t a bad effort.

killersinnings.jpg

reporterssummary.jpg

The Killers now have to clear their minds and focus on their Twenty20, One Day and First Class cricket, as they have a packed schedule for the remainder of the season.

Jake McDonald faced the press after the game at the usual press conference.

Media: Who do you blame for today?s loss?

McDonald: It?s hard to pin point an individual. The bowling attack didn?t perform, the batting did, but Fletcher could have won the game if he had batted a bit quicker.

Media: Do you think we will see any changes to the side for your Twenty20 match in two days time?

McDonald: Possibly.

Media: How do you think your players will cope playing 3 consecutive days of Twenty20 in a row?

McDonald: We will probably be resting a couple of players for a game, maybe some important players for the 3 games straight.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Team named v essix​

Killers CC manager Jake McDonald has stunned everyone in the naming of his team v essix. He has named a team featuring 4 bowlers, 2 allrounders and 2 wicketkeepers. Jabulile and Britz are the only bowlers remaining from the last match, yesterday against Beecroft.

The team is:
1. Seamus Newton (c)
2. Mati Raisani
3. Greg Mulvaney
4. Visvadinu Nissanka
5. Hamish Fletcher (wk)
6. Rod Earle
7. James Seddon
8. Matty Jabulile
9. Graham Britz
10. Brendan Lay
11. Kyle Waters

Bizarrely, he named youth player Brendan Lay, who he put on the market yesterday.

He answered some questions at a press conference.

Media: What is the logic behind all these odd selections?

McDonald: I am treating this game as a selection trial. It is our first Twenty20 game, so I have not included some of the guys who are assured a spot. Whoever performs the best in these games, out of the bowlers, allrounders and wicketkeepers will crack a spot in our team.

Media: Why did you name Brendan Lay in your team just a day after you put him on the market?

McDonald: There are reasons he is on the market, and it?s not because he is a poor player, in fact he is very good, hence him getting a game. The reason is not because of a falling out with the club, or us disliking each other.

Media: How do you think you will go?

McDonald: Hopefully we will win and some guys will step up and perform well and earn or cement a spot in our side. Due to other commitments I have to leave now. Thanks for being here.

Jakester1288

School Cricketer
Ok, 3 days in a row of games, with games 9 hours apart from yesterday to today, means I don't have time to update.

Quick rundown.

Team named for next game.

Newton
Raisani
Mulvaney
Mukhopadhyay
Nissanka
Fletcher
Habens
Waterworth
Waters
Jabulile
Rocastle

Nissanka and Fletcher even for the keeping spot, another trial between them. Keeping the openers because they made some runs last time, and Newton is the captain. Don't really care is I win or lose.

Last 2 games:

Game 1 v essix

Essix 2/164
Dipalesa 104*
Britz 1/19

Killers CC 3/170
Mulvaney 73
Nissanka 68*
Siyabonga 2/41

Game 2 v Godmanchester Spitfires

Killers CC 2/183
Mukhopadhyay 48*
Raisani 47
Mulvaney 45*
Newton 39

Godmanchester Spitfires 3/165
Batt 76
Kleinkramer 44
Waterworth 1/17

Happy with both performances, really going good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread