IPL Kolkata Knight Riders

probably because ishant has a bit more experience and a good defensive technique that the rest.
yashpal singh didn't let KKR down. Brendon Mccullum did.
mccullum hasn't done any of the jobs assigned to him this season well.
mccullum,i guess lacks communication skills with the players and is slightly shy.
get him out of captaincy and may be he can concentrate on his batting better.
gayle will be a good captain.

I don't know if you have noticed or not, but this is the worst team in the IPL. I mean look at the roster, except for McCullum, Gayle, and Ishant this team looks pretty poor. Then add in the fact Sharma is a poor 20/20 bowler, Ganguly is alright but he isn't playing that much cricket anymore. Once Gayle leaves they are in big trouble. But you can already see what's going to happen, KKR will come last and the owner will take the captaincy off McCullum and give it too Gayle. And during the "Off-Season" sign some big names, Martin Guptill maybe;)

I'm not trying to insult anyone here, and I'm not the biggest fan of the IPL since I live in NZ and all, so I'm no expert. But that is just my opinion.

^ What you've posted is totally correct Howsie. The harsh truth. *sigh* No KKR fan can deny this- we really are the worst team. There's no unity, no star player, no good bowler, no decent middle order batsman- No One. When Gayle will leave, only God knows what will happen then.

KKR has 50 people on their team and you are telling me they cant build a good team from those guys.
KKR suck because there is too much influence from the owner, I don't hear any news on the other teams owners messing with the team as much as the KKR guy. I think he has huge influences over the squad selection and the team is probably the most unorganized in cricket.

KKR have 2 of the best ODI batsman in Hodge and Gayle and yet they cant win. McCullum for all his skills is a crap captain and should be coming in down the order.

This would be my squad for KKR.

Gayle * (when he leaves give the captaincy to Ganguly)
Ganguly
Pujara (if healthy) if not then Sunny Singh
Hodge
McCullum +
Shukla
Yshpal Singh/Sachin Rana
Ishant Sharma
Murali Karthik
Ajantha Mendis
Anureet Singh

shubhrayu,first of all,mccullum must fire.he is the one under pressure and the CSK know that.
mccullum can be devastating against the bowlers of gony,balaji,oram and morkel's type and can rip the attack appart in less than 10 overs if he stays that long and possibly bat chennai out of the game.
knowing mccullum well enough,he wont play second fiddle to gayle today contrary to what CSK will be expecting.hopefully dhoni doesn't read this post of mine and the CSK will get caught off-guard by this new strategy of mccullum.
jacob oram will probably miss out today as the CSK will go for thilan thushara's services.

knowing mccullum well enough,he wont play second fiddle to gayle today

I think having to play second fiddle has made him try to catch up to Gayle and play some silly shots. That's one thing I think it's fair to criticize McCullum for. In the last game he would yhave been better off giving Gayle strike as opposed to trying to smash it since there was only 150 on the board. Can understand going from both ends when the total is up 180+.

Dont think KKR will win today...
But who knows
Gayle....of he is therte till 15th over nything is possible

shubhrayu,first of all,mccullum must fire.he is the one under pressure and the CSK know that.
mccullum can be devastating against the bowlers of gony,balaji,oram and morkel's type and can rip the attack appart in less than 10 overs if he stays that long and possibly bat chennai out of the game.
knowing mccullum well enough,he wont play second fiddle to gayle today contrary to what CSK will be expecting.hopefully dhoni doesn't read this post of mine and the CSK will get caught off-guard by this new strategy of mccullum.
jacob oram will probably miss out today as the CSK will go for thilan thushara's services.

Yeah......

McCullum isn't usually an attacking batsmen.

KKR has 50 people on their team and you are telling me they cant build a good team from those guys.

We can make a very decent team from that 50 player pool. But if you wanna make a good team, you need to have a brain. But the guy who's making our team lacks one. We need a pacer and a good domestic spinner- but we send away Parmar and Sourav Sarkar, former being 2008 Ranji's 4th highest wicket-taker, and Sarkar being Bengal's third best pacer. We need a good middle-order batsman- but we dump D.Das, one of Bengal's best batters. We want a good bowler- but we bench Langeveldt. But we continue with Agarkar, Henriques and Kartik- even after them failing in each and every match. The unlucky guys I mentioned- there's less than one percent chance of them getting picked now. Who's doing all these God knows! He must be a lunatic.

My KKR XI

1. Chris Gayle/Arindam Ghosh (after Gayle leaves, Bengal's second best opener)
2. Brendan McCullam (WK)
3. Sourav Ganguly (c)
4. David Hussey/Angelo Matthews
5. Laxmi Ratan Sukla
6. Debabrata Das
7. Yashpal Singh
8. Ishant Sharma
9. Mohnish Parmar/Ajantha Mendis
10. Charl Langeveldt (if we go with Parmar)/ Sourav Sarkar/Sachin Rana (if we go with AM)
11. Ashoke Dinda
12th Man: Mashrafe Mortaza

This should have been the team. But sadly, thanks to Matthew Mott and Buchanan- the whole team has turned upside down. With loads of crap players playing everyday.

Yashpal Singh? after the last game? i dont think he is coming back for a while, but hey its KKR

on the last match, he was swinging at Warne randomly. he hit one for 4, dancing down the pitch. then next bowl he did the same, but this time he got a inside age, no runs scored. Dada walked to him, grabed him by the arm and pointed at the score board. "8 from 9 ball, dont F*** it up, we got this"

and next bowl he hits one in the air and gets out. and you should have seen Ganguly! it looked like he just missed out beating Sahid Anwar's highest score.

thats what happened

He was pretty decent comparing to your other batsmen.He was giving strike to Ganguly and was not giving his wicket easily.He hit some lusty blows too.What else you want from a lower order batsman?

Users who are viewing this thread