IPL Kolkata Knight Riders

LOL we are going to struggle like crazy when Gayle leaves. The batting looks terrible apart from the openers. Once Gayle leaves we are screwed. Ganguly looks like he hasnt played cricket in a long time. Ishant is a horrible limited overs bowler. Agarkar is just LOL. I could go on and an!

LOL we are going to struggle like crazy when Gayle leaves. The batting looks terrible apart from the openers. Once Gayle leaves we are screwed. Ganguly looks like he hasnt played cricket in a long time. Ishant is a horrible limited overs bowler. Agarkar is just LOL. I could go on and an!
ya if Gayle leave there will be a huge problem,
need David Hussy to come;)
Ishant is good bowler man,and Agarkar is lolest:D
though we have Mortaza and Mendis,

I'm sorry but Ishant is a horrible bowler outside of tests. He is sometimes brilliant in ODIs but I have yet to see him with decent bowling figures in t20. I would bring Mortaza and Mendis in actually. We might as well go with two spinners with Karthik and Mendis with Dada bowling medium pace. :D

But I don't know batting is still the core problem. We just don't have good domestic players. I mean Mumbai have players like Dhawan and Nayar. Chennai have Dhoni, Raina, etc. Ganguly just isn't in form right now but I'll be glad if he manages to prove me wrong. And Akash Chpora? I mean COME tweaking ON!!!!!

woah! 1st change the Kolkata skipper, Bangla Dada. now totally change the name? do SRK wanna go back home again? they do realise that next IPL will be in India?

[Edit]

just watched the video...i dont think SRK is that stupid. its a rumor, as the reporter says on that video "the name Kolkata is not written on the banner, flag or T-shirts/jersy, its no where to be found" and thats their 1st clue?

i dont think they ever had the word Kolkata on the logo or flag, did they? last season it was the same right?

i didnt get why they would send Ishant after that idiot got out ...

probably because ishant has a bit more experience and a good defensive technique that the rest.
yashpal singh didn't let KKR down. Brendon Mccullum did.
mccullum hasn't done any of the jobs assigned to him this season well.
mccullum,i guess lacks communication skills with the players and is slightly shy.
get him out of captaincy and may be he can concentrate on his batting better.
gayle will be a good captain.

Would love to see Gayle captain a side from England.

McCullum's captaincy hasn't been that bad, the losses KKR have had have been because the players have messed up. They were easy favorites in the last game and they failed. The Indian guys down the order and Ganguly should have got them home and didn't.

First game, they lost because all the batting was horrible. If they were losing games in the field i'd agree, however you can't blame McCullum solely for batting collapses.

I'm not sure what problem you have with McCullum. Fair enough criticizing his batting (he did get KKR off to a good start in the game they won with a handy quick 21) but there's been not a lot wrong with his captaincy and certainly not with his wicket keeping. At least that's my opinion.

Last edited:
What a match! Just what a match! Irrespective of the results, whoa! Just look at the match! The best T-20 match I've seen so far. I'll remember it till the very end. Twists in every ball- like some thrilling story! I really enjoyed the game- I really did! I've never ever seen something having this much suspense, hew!

Alright, emotions aside, now the main thing, why did KKR fail yesterday?
Firstly, I'll back the team's decision of giving Mendis the ball in the super-over. Why? Show me another bowler in KKR who can actually be of some trouble to Yusuf Pathan. You'll say Ishant. But did you guys see how Yusuf was hammering Sharma's ball for sixes when he was batting? Plus, he was Ishant's teammate even some days ago. He has faced in-numerable "Ishant" balls in the nets, and he knows exactly how Ishant bowls. There was very little chance of Sharma being successful against Yusuf. On the other hand, look at Mendis. He was the only KKR bowler who had at least some success against Yusuf. In fact, he even took his wicket. So, it was quite natural that Mendis was sent to bowl. He failed- that's another thing. We can never say who will fail or who will rock beforehand.

And regarding Yashpal Singh, he didn't actually let us down. But there was no need of palying that idiotic shot in that crucial time. I'll not blame him for our failure. Very few domestic players of India will be able to resist a intention of hitting the great Shane Warne for a four. But I'll agree that was a reckless shot and that in some ways it did affect Sourav's mental concentration, which at last resulted in his dismissal in the most crucial time of the match. It's very hard to adjust yourself with a new partner in that short time. That was a stupid shot, extremely stupid shot- no one can deny it. Yes, he's a very little bit responsible for our defeat, but we should not give the full blame to him- he was our third highest scorer yesterday, he's the only one apart from Dada and Gayle, who kept his head cool.
Now coming to McCullam. He's just a poor guy. It's not easy for a single man to do three very important jobs in a cricket match single-handedly- Captaincy, Wicket-keeping, and opening the innings. He is a very young guy, and no wonder he's got pressurized. There was no need of making McCullam the captain, Dada was doing a great job. I'll blame Buchanan for Mac's off form. Why did he make Mac the skipper? Mac has never captained any team before, and making him the captain for this type of a mega tournament- it's natural that he's failing to do any of the jobs correctly. He's got way too pressurized. Poor guy!

And conclusion: Three matches have passed, one win, two defeats. As it stands right now, the whole team has become totally dependant on two guys- Gayle and Dada. They perform=we win, they fail=we lose. The others are just like a pack of cards, give them a gentle blow, and down they go! But the sad thing is, Gayle will depart after just two/three more matches. God knows what will happen then! Unless some miracle happens now, I see no hope. Forget semis, the way we are playing ATM- we should try our best to avoid the last spot. :rolleyes:

Hodge has been a total failure, he can only play in Australia and England. We lost yesterday but we showed some chracter. Ganguly played brilliantly but cricket is not game of two. Drop Shukla, he is useless, he thinks he is a big shot and can take bowlers ot of the stadium. Anreet signh was good bt when he strated to bowl loose deliveries in the last over i knew these 17 runs will screw us. Still 11 matches are left we will reach semis :)

Ganguly played brilliantly but cricket is not game of two. Drop Shukla, he is useless, he thinks he is a big shot and can take bowlers ot of the stadium.

I wish we could drop Sukla and Hodge. :( But their replacements?..............nil..........................

Users who are viewing this thread