Last Movie You Watched

BlitzBerg

ICC Board Member
Pompeii, quite average.

And Amazing Spidey.. Nothing really 'amazing' in it. I prefer the original Spiderman series to this one.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Secret Life of Walter Mitty - lovely locales, excellent soundtrack and top performance by Ben Stiller. But the movie itself was pretty weak. Tried too hard to send a message, because of which the eels were forced and seemed very artificial.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I always get conflicted between Shutter Island and Inception. Every time I watch one, I feel this one is better than the other.

The complexity of Inception is as brilliant as the eerieness and uneasiness of Shutter Island. Leo's performance in Shutter Island though is definitely better than his performance in Inception.

Inception was 70% brilliance of Nolan's writing/direction and 30% performances. Its 50-50 with Shutter Island

Arrowstorm

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I always get conflicted between Shutter Island and Inception. Every time I watch one, I feel this one is better than the other.

The complexity of Inception is as brilliant as the eerieness and uneasiness of Shutter Island. Leo's performance in Shutter Island though is definitely better than his performance in Inception.

Inception was 70% brilliance of Nolan's writing/direction and 30% performances. Its 50-50 with Shutter Island

tottaly agree

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
silencio

yeah, I've read literally thousands of pages of analysis on mulholland drive and I'm still not really sure I get it.

I've read the wikipedia entry; I don't think it satisfied me. Maybe it's better to leave the movie open ended..

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
I'm not really a massive fan of films that are majorly confusing like mulholland drive to be honest, having dreams, alternate realities and unrelated story parts goes a little far for me.

I quite some unusual films or films with lots of symbolism and metaphor (inside llewyn davis was good this way) but I kinda like them tied together with some sort of plot, even if it is paper thin.

Varun

ICC Board Member
Well, I pretty much like all genres. Anything that makes an impact. :)

Science fiction (read 2001: A Space Odyssey) and crime (read Godfather movies and Pulp Fiction) classics will always be timeless to me though.

abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Ahh Pulp fiction :D Always stirs up a good conversation

Great dialogues - check
Great soundtrack - check
Good entertainer - check
Shock value - check
All time classic - hardly !

I "enjoy" the movie as much as the next person, but I always found it overrated. The movie has no plot. Dont get me wrong. It has 4 wildly entertaining stories, but eventually they lead to nothing :) Also, IMO, this isn't Tarantino's best work. Reservoir Dogs anyone ? Even Inglorious Basterds. And if you are talking of Tarantino the writer, then check out True Romance.

Varun

ICC Board Member
The movie has no plot. Dont get me wrong. It has 4 wildly entertaining stories, but eventually they lead to nothing

Well, um, okay.

Being a classic has nothing to do with storyline per se, even though I don't agree that Pulp Fiction had no plot, which it clearly had (a cleverly interwoven one, at that). Most classics have already been superseded with better animations, better acting, better storylines, yet they remain classics. Maybe it's more to do with the respective eras of filmmaking, maybe it's not. I'm not sure. It's subjective, but then it's consensus as well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread