Latest Patch now available for PS4 (1.06) & Xbox One (1.0.0.7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To much of modyfiyers spoils the game and physics as manny other things involved to like shot animations best is to keep it simple

With all due respect mate, your talking rubbish. Modifiers don't spoil the game. I wanted quicker deliveries I tweaked and got it.

I wanted less time to play the ball, I tweaked and got it. Modifiers are fine.

Batting is too easy we no that.

With all due respect mate, your talking rubbish. Modifiers don't spoil the game. I wanted quicker deliveries I tweaked and got it.

I wanted less time to play the ball, I tweaked and got it. Modifiers are fine.

Batting is too easy we no that.
Is it too easy really online or with Ai.
Modyfiers are a good addition to the game I support it.
Really liked ur choice for more bounce speed and minimum speed that's excellent with modyfiers
But my freind modyfiers must be supported with different batting animations for the same shot for example take a backfoot cut shot to point hope u r getting me what I want to express ball physics differs tweaking modifyers shot should be supported with animations.
I hardly play offline so more concerned for online gameplay

Is it too easy really online or with Ai.
Modyfiers are a good addition to the game I support it.
Really liked ur choice for more bounce speed and minimum speed that's excellent with modyfiers
But my freind modyfiers must be supported with different batting animations for the same shot for example take a backfoot cut shot to point hope u r getting me what I want to express ball physics differs tweaking modifyers shot should be supported with animations.
I hardly play offline so more concerned for online gameplay

Don't get what your on about? What do modifiers and cut shot have to do with anything?

and the thread continues to go downhill. Its a video game people .. They have graphical/animation glitches

Don't get what your on about? What do modifiers and cut shot have to do with anything?
Offline is perfect.
But online I feel when players tweak bounce and speed of the bowler the ball physics changes.
Where few shot animations too needs a tweak I try to mean this.All respect to u I may be wrong u understand ashes 17 better than me I feel.
Thanks for responding

Offline is perfect.
But online I feel when players tweak bounce and speed of the bowler the ball physics changes.
Where few shot animations too needs a tweak I try to mean this.All respect to u I may be wrong u understand ashes 17 better than me I feel.
Thanks for responding
Weren't modifiers turned off for online in the last past?

To be fair the teams produced by contributors to this forum are in my view not far off having licensed teams anyway, and work is well underway as regards domestic sides, ATBs, historic teams, Associates etc.

Check the “Academy Creations” sub forum for all the stuff that has been done to date that we (disclaimer: my part in it is small compared to many others) have been pulling together - there are certainly India and SL sides with full kits, proper players with fairly good face likenesses etc. among many others.
Was there any issues of game hanging because of downloading academy stuff ?

@blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch @MattW @zimrahil

I've just had a banger of a match. Its 1am and I couldn't go to bed before finishing it.

I have had two tests completed in Ashes cricket, bowling as both teams, and both have gone into the last 10 overs of the 5th day before getting a result. Previously I have never had a test match go into the 5th day, in 21 years of cricket gaming.

Bowling as both teams
Version 1,06 (PS4)
Dry, Wearing, soft
Veteran Difficulty, Hard Bowling
Default sliders. Except for pace speeds (70) and pitch bounce (55)

Find the scorecard in the .txt file.

What can be improved? Well if anyone is listening, I think I have quite a big handle on bowling. (and I am nitpicking)

1. I think overhead and new ball conditions make a bit too much of a difference.
2. I think confidence may make slightly too much difference, and should be affected by the batsman getting hit, wrapped on the pads.
3. I think the spinners could be a bit more effective but it could well be my lack of bowling ability with them.
4. AI pacing when setting up a declaration was a bit slow (although they didn't know I was going to switch sides and declare for them, logic would have had the West Indies batting a bit faster in their second innings to set up a result)
5. Bowler stamina doesn't get refreshed at lunch and tea (AFAIK)
6. I like how batsman confidence carries over, but I don't think it should ever be gold. Nobody starts a second innings totally set after a good first innings.

Attachments

• Afghanistan debut test (2017).txt
    6 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
@blockerdave @WealeyH @Dutch @MattW @zimrahil

I've just had a banger of a match. Its 1am and I couldn't go to bed before finishing it.

I have had two tests completed in Ashes cricket, bowling as both teams, and both have gone into the last 10 overs of the 5th day before getting a result. Previously I have never had a test match go into the 5th day, in 21 years of cricket gaming.

Bowling as both teams
Version 1,06 (PS4)
Dry, Wearing, soft
Veteran Difficulty, Hard Bowling
Default sliders. Except for pace speeds (70) and pitch bounce (55)

Find the scorecard in the .txt file.

What can be improved? Well if anyone is listening, I think I have quite a big handle on bowling. (and I am nitpicking)

1. I think overhead and new ball conditions make a bit too much of a difference.
2. I think confidence may make slightly too much difference, and should be affected by the batsman getting hit, wrapped on the pads.
3. I think the spinners could be a bit more effective but it could well be my lack of bowling ability with them.
4. AI pacing when setting up a declaration was a bit slow (although they didn't know I was going to switch sides and declare for them, logic would have had the West Indies batting a bit faster in their second innings to set up a result)
5. Bowler stamina doesn't get refreshed at lunch and tea (AFAIK)
6. I like how batsman confidence carries over, but I don't think it should ever be gold. Nobody starts a second innings totally set after a good first innings.
I definitely think confidence could use a look at. I've found when batting after 6-12 balls with a decent batsman, regardless of the colour level of confidence I'm able to play shots to the boundary with ease. That's not necessarily an issue but I find that bowlers don't start bowling as well until they're into the second spell. If confidence influences the quality of delivery then I think having an increased rate would help. With that and improving fields and which fields are selected by the AI it could make batting a bit more difficult.

I think bowler speeds could reduce, due to exertion in a spell (at least a first spell), at a slower rate. I find some a bowler 10 mph slower after about 3 overs. Maybe this would be the case in the third or fourth spell in a day but not after a few overs.

Agree about spinners. I'd like to see batsmen struggling to pick variations a bit more at least.

Is it possible to look at DBC17 slider values and implement the same values in AC? Or have the underlying physics/timings been altered too much?

I only ask because I got the game last night and started my career mode. In DBC, I could barely get a run in my first few attempts and really had to work for anything until I got my players stats up. In AC I am hitting 4s all over the place. I preferred the challenge DBC presented early on in career mode instead of the slap and tickle presented to me in AC.

Otherwise I will just try some of the settings suggested in other posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread