Latif calls ban for Bell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am in mixed opinions,

Bell should never of appealed. It was obvious he would of known it wasn't taken.

The Umpires stuffed up by not refering it.

Poor from both. I say give the umpire and bell a ban lol. I am kidding of course.

Things like this can always happen. It just depends if the Match referee sighted it or not. He may have overlooked it, but whatever it was, it's only in his power and I'm pretty sure he's not looking at this thread...Although I may be wrong... :spy

You can't drop our best umpire in cricket :( Without Simon the umpiring standards would drop.

I just saw the Bell catch and replays clearly show it hit the ground, if Bell knew only he knows. The ICC now has to decide if there is enough evidence to suggest he did know.

I don't think there is. It's Cricket tbh things happen, won't affect the result of the game and like Andy said Yousuf should've been out to Giles early on.

And remember a fielder can't give a player out only the umpire can.

And on the case of Shabbir being called for throwing, if he's found guilty surely the match result at Multan will be void?

Sureshot said:
And on the case of Shabbir being called for throwing, if he's found guilty surely the match result at Multan will be void?
No.

I assume that Rashid Latif will be calling for a ban for Shahid Afridi for clearly walking down the middle of the pitch, scuffing it as he walked.

Sureshot said:
That was so obviously cheating. Match fee revoked most likely.
I'd like to see Afridi and Bell banned for one test match at the minimum. The way Bell's hand opened and let go of the ball for that split second, IMO he had to know. And Afridi's audition for 'So You Think You Can Dance' BS was either sheer stupidity on his part or that he is a cheat.

The point is that the ICC needs to take these things more seriously. All this bull crap has marred a perfectly enjoyable test match by people who love controversy.

P.S: Is it true that Pietersen had words with Afridi about the scuffing? What the hell is he thinking? It is the umpire's job to scold Afridi for his blatant disregard of cricket, not Pietersen's.

I don't want to say who should be banned and who should not. But I have noticed one thing since I have been watching cricket from 1996 till now.
The biasing is on full scale in International Cricket. And I just don't feel bad about it anymore. I don't want to write a story of incidents here now but feel sorry for Pakistan's fans. And also advice them no point posting such things here either. Racism is there and you just have to learn to live with it. Thats what our cricketers have done over the years.

Racism in international cricket? Bollocks. Explain why Asia gets the majority of the ICCs development money when they failed to produce a qualifier for either the 2003 or 2007 World Cup!

The main reason for that is the superior management the Asians have.
They have marketed the game to a geat extent.
I would'nt say they when it has been just Jagmohan Dalmiya.
The game was mostly popularised by him.He even had a tournament for the 'a' teams in Los Angeles and was planning to have one in Disneyland.

Pull out all international teams from Asia(leave Bangladesh) and you will find that the ICC wont get any revenue.The basic reason why Sharjah does not attract crowds anymore or tournaments dont take place there is cause India have'nt been playing there lately.

Regarding this topic,I feel Latif is unneccessarily creating disturbances.

That's ICC's politics and the way they run cricket. Also one thing to notice, its Asia which brings more money to ICC than any other continent. So simple business practice I suppose (invest more, earn more) coupled with the fact that we had few asians in the ICC admin lately. So u see, anyways this ICC matter is off-topic from the Biasing issue. Again I don't want to give the list of incidents here as there are far too many and all Asians are familiar with them.

iceman_waugh said:
Regarding this topic,I feel Latif is unneccessarily creating disturbances.
Agreed on Latif issue. He should just shut his mouth up and mind his own business. Even after ban he had chances to prove himself. Inzi and Ganguly were also banned and rightfully but that didn't affect their careers I suppose and they don't make a big deal about it.

nightprowler10 said:
I'd like to see Afridi and Bell banned for one test match at the minimum. The way Bell's hand opened and let go of the ball for that split second, IMO he had to know. And Afridi's audition for 'So You Think You Can Dance' BS was either sheer stupidity on his part or that he is a cheat.

The point is that the ICC needs to take these things more seriously. All this bull crap has marred a perfectly enjoyable test match by people who love controversy.

P.S: Is it true that Pietersen had words with Afridi about the scuffing? What the hell is he thinking? It is the umpire's job to scold Afridi for his blatant disregard of cricket, not Pietersen's.

Shut up. Why shouldn't Petersen say anything? Or are you thinking that because you think he said something racist? How come you can say stuff about Bell, but as soon as we say something about an Asian player, its racist.

How exactly can you prove Bell didn't know he had dropped the ball?

Siddarth, let's hear your list of incidents then.....Let's have some proof!

Last edited:
andrew_nixon said:
Racism in international cricket? Bollocks. Explain why Asia gets the majority of the ICCs development money when they failed to produce a qualifier for either the 2003 or 2007 World Cup!

And if there was Racism then i've never heard it on a cricket pitch.

What Afridi was doing was worse than Bell. Afridi's actions will affect the pitch for the rest of the test. Bell's was/is debatable, How do you know that he knows he didn't catch it, Did you ask him? (not directed at Andy).

I think Bell knew that he hasn't picked up the ball cleanly..
So he shud be hanged :D :D
lolllllzzzzzzzzzzz

newayz i think there shud be atleast some fine for him and for Afridi too...
Afridi scuffing the pitch... thats not a gud practice...
There shud be some sportsman spirit also.....

Lol, Banning Bell would just help England more than Pakistan:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread